A Friendly Reminder About Abusing the Flagging System

“I feel like your response came off as incredibly immature…” Is a good example. Arguments can be heated, the best ones often are. So long as you don’t just say “You’re an idiot”, you’re good

6 Likes

No problem. Just wanted to make sure. :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks.

3 Likes

hair flip

You said what you said.

2 Likes

@ShanniiWrites the thread is on watching for me now because of my accident :joy:

4 Likes

Aww El xD you need help taking it off? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ve done it thank you deary

:joy:

2 Likes

… um

1 Like

Everything ok?

1 Like

Yea ig

1 Like

If you need to speak, you’re welcome to come to me!

2 Likes

But if they say something in a way a reasonable person would consider- from the ‘Always be civil’ part of the rules- abusive, offensive or like hate speech, will that be flaggable?

1 Like

Absolutely! we reserve the right to have the final word on what is considered hate speech - though if anything might seem blurred we will get second and third opinions. The good part of having a larger staff team!

5 Likes

Alright, cool— thanks for clarifying :+1:

2 Likes

Baring in mind that if we can see where you’re coming from but it isn’t flaggable then the flag is more likely to be ignored which wouldn’t affect your trust level or the trust level of the person you flagged.

We don’t want people to be scared to flag things we just wanna make sure that they think things through and definitely look through the rules.

4 Likes

Ohh, alright. That’s good :eyes::two_hearts:

2 Likes

I completely agree with what Deluge said! We don’t tolerate hate speech at all in any form. We also don’t tolerate name-calling, ad hominem attacks or anything like that!

The main problem I have is when people read a comment like “I think it’s stupid when people say…” and they immediately run for the flag button

4 Likes

I didn’t even know people were getting flagged this badly. Well, hopefully understands the rules now and complies with them.

7 Likes

there arent many flags on these forums, which is awesome because it shows that there is nothing to flag…

7 Likes

This thread could do with a bump

1 Like

Crazy enough I don’t see a lot of flags (if any) at all. Which is nice.

3 Likes