About My Recent Controversy

Well that’s stupid…

3 Likes

Do you even are brown?

4 Likes

Brown? Brooown? tHaT’s nOT rEaL

3 Likes

All of this is well said. I didn’t see the argument nor the story or whatever, so I won’t comment on the mentioned situation.

4 Likes

Added a controversy tag

1 Like

Firstly, I’m very amazed that you managed to write such an eloquent post at 4am. If I did so, it would be jumbled up rubbish.

Secondly, I haven’t seen the situation myself so won’t comment on it as I’m not in a position to do that. But as for the post, I agree with everything you said. I can’t really say more without repeating what you said lol.

I agreed with the whole thing, but the bit about stereotypes really spoke to me. As a Japanese-English person, people expect me to be smart and perfect at academics all the time. But the truth is, I’m not. I’m rubbish at concentrating and learn best 1-1. Sometimes I need extra help. And whenever I get something wrong, people shame me and say, ‘I thought Asians were supposed to be smart. Are you even a true Asian?’, whilst if it was say, an English person making a mistake, people would at worst make a comment about the mistake, but nothing about being English. Yeah, there are smart Asians, but there are also Asians who learn slowly and who struggle with academics, and that’s ok. There are black men with big junk and there are black men with smaller junk, and both is ok. And maybe people have good intentions when they do it, but getting mad whenever they see a smart Asian, or a black man with a big downstairs, or any other stereotype doesn’t really help. Their existence isn’t what’s making this worse, it’s the fact that people expect all people of that race to be that way. What does help is encouraging people to represent all different types of Asians and black people, Europeans, etc. there’s no ‘right’ way to be a certain race.

It’s 12:27pm and none of this even makes sense :sob: I praise you, Shannii :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

It makes perfect sense to me! You’re completely right! No one should have themselves invalidated because they don’t fit into what’s normal for their race. Screw everyone who tries to fit you into some stupid box

4 Likes

Why thank you, I like wearing a kilt - but some people would call that lazy representation because it’s a stereotype. I’m sorry what :joy: I’m a real Scottish person, lol

4 Likes

NO ANYONE WHO REPRESENTS YOU IS BEING RACIST AND HYPERSEXUALISING YOU BECAUSE YOU DON’T WEAR ANY UNDERWEAR WHEN YOU WEAR A KILT

Nuance has left the chat

4 Likes

Uh oh, big giant Scot dongo is allowed to roam freeeeeeee sexualisaatioooooon :eyes:

4 Likes

Interesting. I never knew that. :thinking::white_heart:

3 Likes

Like, the answer to a stereotype isn’t trying to ban any use of the stereotype. Lol all that does is make a new stereotype. Imagine black men peen was never allowed to be portrayed as big because of the stereotypes? In like 50 years, the stereotype would be that black men never have big peens

4 Likes

It’s rather windy in scotland too!

3 Likes

:thinking::white_heart:

:rofl::white_heart:

3 Likes

I DIDN’T KNOW THERE WAS A TEXT SHORTCUT FOR DELETING POSTS. WHAT DO I DO? HOW DO I UNDELETE?

4 Likes

My whole life is unravelling around me

3 Likes

I really can’t speak on much because I’m not a POC (so I don’t personally get a lot of the issues/don’t want to overstep) and I saw most of the drama in instagram stories, but I think my main issue is that what could have been solved over a reasonable conversation turned into a mini race war. If both sides would have just admitted their faults it wouldn’t have turned into a mess, because really from where I stand the author wasn’t completely innocent, but everyone else wasn’t either. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

^^^
Exactly.

I was trying to offer nuance in the bloody thing and they turn on me.

Like, I never said there weren’t issues. I said there were issues. I just really thought we should have had a conversation about toxic masculinity in black communities

5 Likes

Also, I undeleted. Crisis averted. I can put the gun down now

5 Likes

Never worry about this. I never worry about this, and I’ve found it’s only the toxic people who mind. I can also be incredibly brash, so don’t worry honestly.

5 Likes