Animals in RPing

Not a lot of RPs use animals, but I think that should be changed.

I’m not saying that everyone should play as an animal. I’m saying that characters should have pets. It gives more conversation starters, they’re adorable, and they give the character more depth.

So, do you think animals should be more common in RPs?
And what kind of animal would anyone or all of your characters have?

2 Likes

Two of my characters had raven DNA, but were still human. Well, one was a demon.

1 Like

One of mine would totally have a dog companion everywhere if they could. No one would ever guess which one though

1 Like

No, absolutely never :wink:

What were the characters for?

1 Like

Hazbin Hotel and X-men.

1 Like

My RP, FTD has pets and animal characters!!

2 Likes

Forgive me, but what does FTD stand for and is it on the forums? Wait nevermind.

2 Likes

I thought that it was Fairytaled the minute I said it :laughing:

1 Like

Great Rp

2 Likes

Lolll yep it is! :joy::joy: sorry for assuming! I just get used to abbreviating it!

1 Like

You’re too kind :sob:

Added some tags!

I agree with what you say! I always strive for depth and realism, so keeping animals and pets in mind is certainly a way to achieve that. I don’t really follow posts too much, but I think they should be mentioned more. They don’t need to be physically there—they can be used as a reference of description! Also, I think having a pet can also add personality to a character in some way :thinking:

Tala Garzon will definitely have a dog. Merthiel Pacefa probably a stray cat she randomly found somewhere.

1 Like

Added the #roleplays tag

1 Like

I used to have an RP where you played wolves and humans (you had to play one of each at least).
I thought it would be interesting to try, and it was actually fun to see how everyone really channeled their inner animal. :joy:

1 Like