Blue Royalty: New Blood

JACKIE WILLIAM WHITLOCK

Today Jackie woke up feeling like it’s going to be another mundane day at school, which is a weird feeling considering the fact this is no ordinary school, and this was no ordinary day. Today was the third day of him beeing at this hoity toity school since the transfer. He didn’t understand why his mother would just make him change schools like that, nor why she suddenly cares, but there is one thing he cares about … Today is apparently free day, so he has to wear something stunning, or something crazy … or something that’s both stunning and not yet seen. I mean As a model he has to pick a good outfit, one that will make everybody think looks like a statement, but not too much. He immediately picked up some black leather pants, and a black shirt over it. Together they looked great on him. “This is perfect, now for some shoes and those shades over there.” He said to himself. Now this is an outfit! After doing the rest of the boring preparations to be the best that he could be (or at least the best looking and best smelling) he waltzes out of his enormous house that he’s not really fond of and struts down to his car. Now he’s ready to be taken anywhere, but firstly, school.

Confused which period it is because he hasn’t yet comfortably settled into this new enviorment, he decides he can skip after seeing some girl reading and thinking, if she can do whatever, so can I. He decided to walk over to her and sit down. He figured he had nothing better to do because his phone is about to die because he forgot to charge it over night and didn’t see a socket for his charger. As he sat next to her for a few seconds, he got the courage to ask her “What’s it about?”. It only took him so long because he thought talking was the last thing she wanted to do as she was already reading and would probably hate him coming up and starting a conversation she probably doesn’t want to be a part of. He finally decided not to care about her feelings and talk anyways.

@Ouijaloveletters - Hyuan-Ae

2 Likes

Her uncle staying over, party gone wrong, new puppy (excite)… Kaya listened to the girl as she listen all sort of new things going on with her life, nodding in return and smiling lightly at the news of the puppy, Kaya sure did love dogs, and who doesn’t love puppies? ”ooh exciting news I’m hearing out here” she told the girl and thought for a moment as she returned the question asking what was new in her own life.

”ah yes the Kaya life” the girl started with a light slow nod ”not much honestly, right now I’m working on an album, hope that goes well” she told her with somewhat excitement in her tone. Just like her parents, the passion and love for music just ran in the girl’s veins, could anyone even blame her?

”theres other stuff for sure I just can’t think of anything right now, still too morning for me” she chuckled, shrugging lightly as she dismissed a further answer to the question

@Littlefeets

3 Likes

xavier pestana

Xavier listened as Tyler spoke, explaining what he was feeling when he ended things with Xavier. He was well aware of these emotions, having experienced them before himself.
“I know what grief feels like, Tyler.” He said, letting go of his wrist.

Can you forgive me?

“Tyler, I-” Xavier stopped, unsure if he could answer that question. Even though he know understood why Tyler had done it, he still didn’t know if he could forgive him. “I don’t know if I can. I understand that you were hurting but you shouldn’t have taken that out on me, especially when I had no idea what was going on in your life.” He told him, crossing his arms.

I guess you can blame female hormones, huh?

“I’m sorry, what did you just say?” He asked, eyebrows raised. His mother had raised him to never let comments like that slide, not matter who they were said about. “You just finished telling me how sh-tty you felt and now your blaming your sister’s emotions on hormones? Please tell me you can see how f-cked up that is.”

@Ouijaloveletters - Tyler

4 Likes

Tyler had just realized what he’d said about his sister, wanting to shut himself in a locker. Welp. He’d messed up. Big time. “Oh, Jesus Christ…” He whispered. He put his head in his hands, and sighed. “This is bad. I’m just going to go.” He said, quickly walking away. Well, crap. He felt like the sh!ttiest person ever. Blaming greif on hormones? What was he thinking?!
@Caticorn - Xavier
Approachable
Gonna crawl into a hole now.

3 Likes

Hyun-Ae glanced up to see a boy standing in front of her. “I am reading The Hen Who Dreamed She Could Fry. It is a Korean fairytare.” She said, placing the book down to talk to him better. She then realized she said fry instead of fly. “Um…I’m sorry. It is my accent.”
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Jackie

3 Likes

Quinn’s tone suddenly made Athena very aware that they should watch what they say next. They also figured that asking him what was up his a-s would be a really bad idea. “Bold of you to assume I’m actually going to class,” They joked in an attempt to lighten the mood. Well, they said it like a joke. It really wasn’t. They really only went to a few classes a week, and the ones they did attend, they usually showed up late. “That’s cool,” They responded to him tell him that he would be in Beryl until graduation. Trying to tread lightly, they searched for something else to say to him. “Awesome jacket, by the way.” They told him, gesturing to his outfit.

@Littlefeets - Quinn

3 Likes

I smiled at the girl. “Some people find that cute. Trust me. It doesn’t bother me though.” I looked at the book. I thought maybe I could read what she wrote but either I couldn’t find the title or it was written in the korean alphabeth and I couldn’t understand it. “What were you trying to say anyways? Fly? What could Hen mean? Let me recap, it’s a long title … The hen … as in the chicken … who dreamed she could fly? That sounds boring, it’s just a book about a bird that can’t fly dreaming about being able to? Isn’t there nothing more to it?”

@Ouijaloveletters

1 Like

Hyun-Ae shrugged when he said it wasn’t a problem about her accent. She listened to him ask about the book, answering him. “Yes, hen rike chicken. Oh no. It is not boring. There is Engrish transration if you want to read it.” She said. Why was he talking to her? She didn’t mind, but…why her?

2 Likes

Flashback

Amelia had a soft smile on her lips as she roamed her basement - or rather, her dad’s music room. Alex often came over to mess around since her father had basically created an entire studio under the house and since Alex was basically his son as he often said, he was free to use it. She navigated towards the couch, bringing her legs to her chest as she hugged them, listening to him casually strum his guitar with no purpose. The two often did this - mess around in this room while just… talking. About everything… anything. After all, he was one of her closest friends. Honestly, she was never musically inclined in the sense that she could come up with her own songs like Alex, though she could hold a tune. She was fairly good at guitar and piano, thank you, dad. She at least picked that up as surfing was never in her cards.

When Alex told her he was working on a new song, she couldn’t help but grin. “So are you going to share or just be a butt and leave me in suspense?” Amie joked, throwing a pillow towards him which he dodged. And then she heard it, his song. Her heart immediately started racing… and she couldn’t help but wonder… if the song talking about the words “I love you”? And if it was… was he… was it about her? Maybe her mind was playing tricks on her but it almost seemed as if he was singing to her as he sang those first few lyrics so… she couldn’t… she reacted without thinking. Standing up, Amie walked up to him, and without saying anything, her lips were on his for a mere second before he pushed her away. Immediately, regret filled her being. What the hell had she just… done? “I- I’m so sorry. Just forget that happened. I thought… I’m so… god I’m such an idiot”*

Amelia started backing away, not letting him say anything else before racing upstairs, her father giving her a weird look before starting to ask “Ames are you oka…?” but Amie didn’t let her father finish as she rushed into her room and locked the door before falling to the floor. Great job Amelia, you just ruined a friendship.

End of Flashback

Her heart was racing once again. For the first time in months, they were alone… in a room again. After months of avoiding him… avoiding the conversation because it hurt… it just… hurt that he didn’t feel the same way she did. So could you blame her for wanting to avoid this situation? It was the last thing she wanted to deal with today of all days…

“You’re such a bad liar”

Amie looked down, attempting to avoid his gaze. She was a bad liar… she always had been. It wasn’t something she often did, and when she did, it usually turned into… well… this mess: Her rambling as she attempted to pull together a concise lie. She took a deep breath as he asked her to give him a moment, her eyes navigating towards the door in an attempt to escape. Yes… Amie was a runner. Running from her problems just… was easier. So when he asked for five minutes, she gave him a look of hesitancy. “I don’t… Alex I…” she started, unsure of what to say, but her anxiety increased as he closed her only escape.

Her heart ached as he mentioned pushing her away that night as he begin apologizing, telling her how she was a ‘kind,’ ‘sweet,’ girl - things people usually said about girls they didn’t like. And that’s exactly why she was embarrassed… why she avoided him. Because she ruined their friendship and he didn’t even like her.

" I like you Amie so much,"

What he wasn’t saying was as a friend. She knew it was there, implicit under the statement and part of her wasn’t even listening anymore she just… wanted to leave. God why was she so stupid… she ruined this…

"Just… please say something… and don’t leave… again”

Oh… god what was he saying… Amie being… well… Amie had begun overthinking during most of that. Though she did hear his first part… the part where he started practically saying he liked her as a friend… “It’s… it’s my fault Alex… I know I"m an idiot… I know you only like me as a friend I get it I just… I’m sorry I can’t… do this…” Amie muttered giving him a look before walking past him in a rush. She hated this… hated… ignoring him… avoiding him… but it just hurt… and she needed a moment to breathe.

@Megan

3 Likes

“Honestly, that sounds like the best type of summer.” Tsumuji just smiled, “So met anyone any special?” Tsumuji gave a bright smile asking her friend. Tsumuji romantic life have been such a boredom this summer, probably because Tsumuji avoided must girls, boys, and peeps to do her private writing and her dad could be quite overprotective of her either way. Tsumuji shuddered. “Hey Niko are you competing for the blue royalty stuff?” Tsumuji asked excited, if she wasn’t going to win she hoped someone nice and funny wins. “I only had one drink at the party, so I wasn’t hungover or anything, but it still sucked.” Tsumuji bit ler lip at this, “I had like two drinks at the punch bowl and something happened, it was really strange.” Tsumuji said, what had happen to the punch? She had seen people drinking it and they were fine. “So, what are you most excited for this year?” Tsumuji smiled clapping her hands she said “Seeing my friends in school again, you don’t know how much I missed you and them.” Tsumuji really loved her friends and her family, well she loved everyone even her ‘enemies’ though she tried to avoid them, as they were bad for her health. She seriously wondered why people thought being rude and mean was cool, why couldn’t everyone just be friends and have fun? Life would have been so much easier.

@Caticorn - Niko

1 Like

Mason Mitchell, one of Logan’s football teammates, but not one she held any kind of a close relationship with. They were simply classmates who were mainly around each other because of football. Though, that’s not to say that the man was a stranger to her. However, she wouldn’t have expected the phone call she overheard. Of course there wasn’t much to hear, but Logan still looked to the man, crossing her arms as his attention turned to her. She gave a slight nod when he said he was calling his mom about a hole in his uniform. “Yeah, right.” If there was one thing Logan wasn’t, it was trusting, and if he was really calling his mom about sewing a hole, wouldn’t he have just straight out said that on the phone? Call it paranoia and trust issues, call it seeing shady behavior, whatever you want, but Logan certainly wasn’t jumping to believe that weak explanation. “I don’t know what your little problem really is, but I’m sure you could’ve just told your mom when you got home, so how about you cut the bull.”

@benitz786

2 Likes

When she said it’s not boring but didn’t bother to say more about the book, the synopsis maybe, like he had hoped, he decided to stop asking about the book and ask another think that was on his mind. He dug through his backpack, all the while the girl silently sat there. He finally pulled his schedule from his pants after realizing it wasn’t in the backpack he was rummaging thorough at all, and he gave it to her. “I’m confused. Am I missing a class? What period is it now?” I hoped she would know what period it was and tell him, based on his schedule, if he had to be anywhere. Is he late, is he not late? He figured free day meant today people can dress like they want, is it another type of free day? “Oh and today is free day right? I heard that, but I didn’t hear much more? What does free day entail?”

@Ouijaloveletters - Hyun-ae

1 Like

"You’re right! They were a huge hit with our parents generation. My parents never played them, but I saw a garage sale when I was riding my bike once. Decided to stop, and I found a couple of the games. Two for five bucks. I figured I might as well buy them. Been obsessed ever since.” Luna nodded at this, Benjamin leaned over and unzipped his backpack and Luna had to pray in her head that this wasn’t going to be like a scene from ‘The smile of a dead girl’ her favorite comic book. When he just pulled out a black 3ds , Luna let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. He handed it to her, “Breath of the Wild. I’m halfway through.” Luna looked at it, “How is it?”

@Ouijaloveletters - Ben

2 Likes

Ben paused when he heard Luna let out a breath she was holding. “Are you-oh. Jesus Christ! Noooo! I was pulling out my 3Ds to show you the game!” He whisper screamed. Sure, he was mentally ill and edgy, but he wasn’t that mentally ill! Was he? He really didn’t want to find out. Luna asked how it was, and he smiled. “It’s really good. You should try it sometime.”
@Kristi - Luna

2 Likes

Hyun-Ae had to think when he asked about the schedule. “I don’t think so…it’s before crass.” She said. Wait…free day? Maybe this meant they had nothing else going on besides school? She wasn’t sure. Well, she just told him what she thought. “I think I’m right…I hope. Oh, what’s your name? I’m Hyun-Ae. I’m South Korean.”

2 Likes

“Are you-oh. Jesus Christ! Noooo! I was pulling out my 3Ds to show you the game!” Luna chuckled nervously, she shouldn’t have read/watched those stuff in the night “It’s ok, just nothing” She tucked a strand of blonde hair behind. “It’s really good. You should try it sometime.” Luna nodded, "Not really that much into video games but I’ll try. When she was younger, Luna would play video games with her father and mother. She didn’t really like playing video games she preferred to read but seeing the looks of excitement her parents had every time they played video games made her love playing it. She played them to keep her parents happy and in a way seeing her parents happy made her happy.

She remembered when they would play games like minecraft, the legends of Zelda, grand theft auto etc all those video games from their time and she would simply smile. She did love some music and books from their time though, especially from artist like Hozier, Ariana grande and etc…

@Ouijaloveletters - Ben

3 Likes

“Oh? Before class?” He said confused “Well that’s new. I’ve never been this early to class.” He smiled. She started talking again and basically she meant to say ‘I don’t know if what I just said was true.’ but instead of elaborating on it she continued talking so Jackie was left there saying “Wait what do you mean you hope you’re r … Oh my name? It’s Jackie. I know, people say it’s unisex but it’s really mostly used for girls, not so often for boys and that’s why my mother picked that name for me, you see I don’t really like my mother that’s why I’m talking about her behind her back, but don’t worry whatever I say can be bought by my mother for a statement that she’s the same good mom to all of her kids. But I like your name too Hyun-Ae? How do you spell that? It sounds like something a celebrity parents would name their kids, I mean X Æ A-Xii? Come on. Also, I always wondered about South Korea … so you’re South from Korea, do you usually have to travel trough North Korea to get to another country or is there a route to avoid it?” As she could already figure out, Jackie was big on talking, but mostly not something intelligent.

@Ouijaloveletters - Hyun-Ae

2 Likes

niko tanaka

So met anyone any special?
Niko laughed as they shook their head. “There was this one girl who flirted with me at work, but nothing really happened after that.” They told her with a shrug. Niko wasn’t really one for relationships, as their reluctance to share personal information about themself often got in the way of them forming connections with people. When Tsumuji asked them if they were competing for Blue Royalty, they nodded. “Yeah, I am!” They confirmed, smiling. “Are you also competing?” They asked, out of pure curiosity. Niko smiled again as Tsumuji told them she was most excited to see her friends again. Their list of friends was relatively small, another consequence of their secretiveness, and they couldn’t deny that they had also missed their friends over the summer. “Yeah, I get that,” They said, agreeing with her.

@Kristi - Tsumuji

2 Likes

“There was this one girl who flirted with me at work, but nothing really happened after that.” Niko shrugged and Tsumuji giggle, she knew that Niko wasn’t really one for relationships but she ask out of pure curiosity.

“Yeah, I am!” Tsumuji smiled and clapped her hands, “Oh i’m also competing.” Tsumuji gave her a friendly smile, “I hope you win if I don’t” She opened up her hands wide, “Hug?” Tsumuji loved hugging people, especially her family and friends. Hugging can really reveal a lot of things and was really comforting, it was shocking to Tsumuji how many people didn’t know that.

“Yeah, I get that,” Tsumuji smiled, “So what do you feel like doing first?” Tsumuji knew what she was going to do, greet all her school mates and give them hugs,

@Caticorn - Niko

1 Like

Luna let out a nervous chuckle, and he shrugged. “It’s fine. Good on you for reacting.” Ben nodded when she said she wasn’t much interested in video games. “That’s fair. Just try it if want.” He said, taking the cartridge back. He reinserted it into the console, putting it back in his bag. “I usually play at lunch so people don’t bother me.” He explained.
@Kristi - Luna

2 Likes