Books Set During World War II

Still voting for this book as a good one.

Added tags too.

For a younger audience (think young primary school as compared to the mature novels listed above), try Baseball Saved Us by Ken Mochizuki. It’s about a young boy that gets moved to a Japanese internment camp in the states because of the irrational fear from Pearl Harbour. It’s a plainly written picture book that carries deeper meanings as well with how the protagonist’s father tries addressing the situation. It’s a bittersweet book about how all the adults attempt to keep their kids happy by getting introducing baseball.

Cover

Many of the WW2 books I end up finding usually take place in the main European conflict, so this is a slight change dealing with the fallout instead

1 Like

Catch-22

Technically, the MPHFPC books…sorta.

What?

1 Like

The Miss Peregrine’s home for Peculiar Children books are set in 1943. The war is mentioned some, though it’s not really a major plot. The series is more fantasy.

1 Like

Oooooh… That’s what the acronym was.

1 Like

Yep! The house was destroyed by German bombs. It’s relevant.

1 Like

Oooooh… fair call.

1 Like

https://64.media.tumblr.com/65d9f0df58fbefcde34455d1e28a951a/tumblr_o93mgvqgOP1vt240uo3_400.gifv
If you look up in the left corner you can see a plane.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve seen the film. I just forgot it.

The Last Year of The War and the Spies of Shilling Lane :eyes:

@Bookworms you guys know any other books??

uh I read a book once about a girl being forced to make bombs or something during this time period, forgot the name.

1 Like

That Bronze Horseman book Cali is always raving about aha

1 Like

OMG! Yes! How have I not mentioned it here yet?! However, I still mentioned two others.

1 Like

I wonder this as WELL
Oooh yes, haven’t read those two others either tho

1 Like

Whaaat?

Closed due to inactivity