Bridgerton | Official RP Thread

Pre-dance four Harrison Davis

Albina, clearly unimpressed by Harrison’s flowery narrative and confidence in his own capabilities to conquer any heart, responded with a playful yet challenging tone, “Ah, indeed, Lord Davis, in these parallel universes where the impossible becomes reality.” she was really not going to make it easy for him “Perhaps in one, you’ve even managed to stay out of scandals for a whole season.”

Albina’s eyes twinkled with amusement as she retorted, “Oh, pray, if I could read minds, the mysteries of this world would already be unveiled before me. I’m simply speaking of your heart’s resilience against a mere dance rejection.” Her reply carried a hint of playful skepticism, as if challenging Harrison’s assertion while maintaining an air of intrigue, hinting at the notion that his heartbreak was perhaps an exaggeration. Albina raised a teasing eyebrow in response to Harrison’s declaration he wishes to be the center of his universe, her voice flavoured with a hint of sarcasm. “And the center of the universe, are we?” She said raising an eyebrow playfully. “Indeed, a life unappreciated is a sad prospect, but one must wonder if there’s more to existence than merely basking in one’s own allure.”

She could not however stop herself from blushing as he called her a beautiful existence and mentioned her strong will, she was relief her make up would be covering most of her blushing, she did not want him to see the effect those words had on her. Albina responded with a mix of amusement and feigned modesty. “Strong-willed, you say?” She tilted her head, her tone light. “Well, I do find that boredom is a formidable adversary. One must keep life interesting, and who am I to deny such a challenge?” He had playfully mentioned making her smile more than once, 10 times in fact, to which she replied, “Speaking of challenges, ten smiles, you say? Quite the ambitious endeavor. I shall keep count, then, and we’ll see if you live up to your word.” she replied with a sly grin, not a smile, subtly teasing him.

Albina leaned in slightly, her expression thoughtful as she replied to Harrison’s words. "You make a valid point, Lord Davis," she admitted, her tone more serious for a moment. “While I do relish the allure of the unknown, I would do so with caution. Embracing both the familiar and the uncharted is the key to a well-balanced life, I believe. Madness might be intriguing in its own way, but I prefer to keep my wits about me.” She maintained a poised demeanor, showing that she was quite capable of engaging in serious conversation despite the overall playful tone of their banter. Especially when it came to the topic of travel, it was something that intrigued her, and something about him she had general curiosity for. Something that made her show a softer side of herself to him. “I must admit however, I’m find myself curious about your own travelling experiences. Lord Davis, may I inquire about your favorite endeavors?”

Albina raised her glass in a mock toast and said, “To taming the untamable, then, Lord Davis. May luck favor her who takes on such a challenge, for she shall need it.” she added half seriously, half joking. Thus far the conversation with Harrison had proven more interesting than she had thought it would be, in fact she had found it quite amusing. She was sure that while whoever ended up with him, if he were to settle in first place, had a challenging road ahead, it would be one might prove entertaining and enjoyable. In fact, Albina had been enjoying their conversation that much, she had not noticed her partner for the next dance had approached them. She had completely forgotten how rushed she had felt to get into her upcoming dance.

@Kristi - Harrison
@Ouijaloveletters - Edgar (mentioned). Sorry, feel guilt on Albi’s behalf for the way she doesn’t notice him at all :sweat:

2 Likes

╰┈➤ ◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪◈━◈━◈━◈━◈◈━◈━◈━◈━◈𓆩♡𓆪

Pre-dance four with Albina Northwick

“Even In an alternative universe, that seems quite impossible,” Harrison chuckled. Truly, without scandals-without the cloak of chaos he wore, would Harrison be Harrison? He could not imagine- nor did he want to of a Harrison that was boring and bland. So focused on rules, structure and not going against the very core of upper class British society- which is quite restrictive and bland, was a Harrison that will never exist in any universe. “I am a man of multitudes and chaos after all,” He had a playful glint in his eyes as he talked. His eyes scanning the room, he would have asked her to dance-try his luck for a dance this season as well if not for the fact he had caught names on her dancecard when he was looking at her hands. She was already reserved for too many times.

It seems, Lady Albina was truly among the emeralds of the season. She was quite a strong contestant do be diamond the season of her debut but she was not, and here yet again she proved to be an emerald, among the most sought out ladies. She was interesting after all and she had a nice family background- the daughter of marquis Northwick, the dowry will be big- and perhaps that was another reason men were drawn to her. Having a respectable marquis by your side was truly a loving thing-and if Harrison cared for such things and for dowry- he would have added it to the many reasons he was curious about Lady Albina, but he did not. He was simply curious of her because amongst the people of the ton, she stood out like a sore thumb, and he meant this in the most positive way possible.

“I was born with a fragile heart-” He hilariously retorted, “My heart has always been to big for my body Lady Albina, that is why one should handle it with care but you so cruelly stepped on it turning my beating heart into glass so you made it so easily to break.” Harrison put a mocked hand on his chest, pretending that he was hurt in the heart as he made a sad expression.After, he stood up straight, putting three fingers on his head as a salute and winking. “Yes they are more in the world than me, but truly what is more interesting than me?” He teased but was he truly teasing? “I have search far and wide, I have come to a conclusion; if I-Harrison existed as a different individual and not as me- I would marry me without seconds thought, after all am i not a very interesting being? If not the most interesting?” As he said it he had the aura of confidence he always had, his british-greekish accent dripping with every words like wine.

When Albina had said that one must keep life interesting, Harrison had smirked. “Yes, that is true- and that is why one most defy society and travel through nations, one day perhaps we shall travel together and defy society not as individuals but as a duo. I do know a lot about travelling and scandals like you said,” Harrison said, bringing back Albina’s previous comment of a him in a parallel universe being able to stay out of scandals for an entire season. He wondered though, did a quarter of a season count? The season of when he had returned from boarding school- he had stayed out of trouble for quarter of a season, so see he was not as scandalous as people made him out to be! “I always live up to my words. I am a man of honor, I always keep my promises,” Unlike some people- he could not help but to think off. But he pushed those thoughts away, no negativity right now Harrison, the ball is almost ending- have fun! He repeated to himself.

He placed a hand inside his pocket and another hand grabbed his glass of water to take a couple sips, before he placed it back on the table. Harrison eyes widened when the lady had called madness intriguing, he had never truly met someone who shared that sentiment of madness like him. Anytime he had said that he at times found himself intrigued by the core idea of madness, people have looked at him like he was already mad! And perhaps he was and just did not know it yet, but if he was mad everyone else was mad as well in their own ways. “You are incredibly wise, Lady Albina, wiser than I thought you shall be- do not take that comment in a wrong way for i never thought of you as foolish, no, no I knew your mind shall be brilliant from that moment my eyes reached yours, but I did not know that I could underestimate brilliance like this. Say, if you were not bound by noble restrains what would you be? A philosopher? A tutor?” He asked curiously, crossing his arms as he stared at her with all the curiosity in the world. Yes- the Northwick lady was truly a fascinating lady. He wondered… “My favorite was perhaps Italy- the Italians, they value their arts a lot. It is truly a art hub and I had the gratitude of gazing upon the best of artworks, I understand why some people call it the nation of love. India was also quite beautiful, the people were quite lovely and the architecture was quite nice. I learnt so much about them-and I even learnt how to eat rice with my hands and still have enough sauce but not too much sauce. Truly, an adventure,” Harrison continued to explain some of the adventures he had been in- stating the states, describing the architectures and all the things he had found him self astonished by. He had mentioned Switzerland, France, Egypt, Spain and if there were more time in the world, he would have mentioned more of the places he had been in. He had almost been in America- if not for the fact his father had died before his trip in America could happen.

As they talk, Harrison noticed the presence of a male with a mustache. He was about to comment on that man staring at them, till Albina raised her glass in a mock toast. “I do think- that whoever falls for you shall be more troubled than who falls for me. Your heart seems like ice after all, the ice daughter I shall you.” He teased as he raised his glass up in the air bringing it up to his lips, a sly grin on his face.

@Jass

Edgar exhaled, noting that Harrison had spotted him. He smiled slightly at him, gesturing to Albina. It had seemed like Harrison was going to say that Edgar was there, but before he could, Albina had taken his attention again. Edgar almost groaned. This definitely wasn’t working out for him. He had to speak up, but he hated…rocking the boat, as he thought. Well, he actually wasn’t, the man was just awkward. Clearing his throat, he looked at Albina, hoping to get her attention. ”Lady Albina, I do not wish to interrupt, but I believe I have pledged my fourth dance to you, if you shall accept.” He said softly, yet loud enough for the two to hear him. ”Greetings, Lord Davis. Might I borrow Lady Northwick for a dance? I apologize if I am interrupting anything.” He did his very best to make eye contact with the two, bowing.
@Jass - Albina
@Kristi - Harrison

4 Likes

Pre-dance four into dance four Harrison Davis and Edgar Füller

“Mr. Davis, it’s quite entertaining to imagine a world where chaos and scandals don’t accompany you. But I must admit, the idea of a ‘boring and bland’ version of yourself feels almost as implausible as unicorns and rainbows. You do seem to thrive on unpredictability. Yet, I wonder, is there a method to your madness, a purpose behind the chaos? Or is it simply your way of keeping us all on our toes?” Slowly but steadily Albina had found herself more and more intrigued by this man before her.

“It appears that even your heart can’t resist a bit of drama and flair. But, I must confess, I’m not entirely convinced that your heart is made of glass. It seems to me that beneath your façade of chaos and intrigue, there’s a heart more resilient than you let on. Now, can you handle such a challenging thought?” she looked at him confidently as she questioned that. Harrison’s self-assured statement about being the most interesting being prompted Albina to playfully challenge him, her eyes dancing with amusement. She responded with a hint of intrigue in her voice, saying, “And your self-assuredness is certainly quite… entertaining. Marrying yourself, you say? Well, that’s a novel idea. Although, I must admit, if you were to marry yourself, I imagine the wedding would be the talk of the season. Tell me, what would the ceremony be like for such an intriguing union? Would you have a waltz with your reflection?” she allowed herself to have one chuckle as she said this. She was stubborn enough to hold her laugh and smiled back during their conversation, as she did not want him to get those 10 smiles out of her. She did not like admitting defeat.

“The idea of defying society together is rather enticing. I must admit, I’m curious to see just how scandalous our escapades would be. But do promise you won’t lead me astray too much; for I have a reputation to uphold, but you would not understand.” Those last words were spoken with a hint of sadness. Albina’s reputation at this moment was still nearly perfect, she had not a damaged reputation, even with everything she had done, somehow she had still managed to be considered a most respectable lady. She did care about that reputation, even if she was a free soul, she had responsibilities and expectations she was forced to follow. “As for your honor and promise-keeping, I’m intrigued. If we ever embark on these adventures, which, pray, do not get your hopes up will happen, for hope shall shatter your heart of glass once again, you’ll have to show me just how well you live up to your words.” she said in a challenging tone, raising an eyebrow.

“Lord Davis, your words are most certainly thought-provoking. I appreciate your acknowledgment of my wisdom, but I must admit I’ve always found society’s expectations rather limiting. I don’t take offense at your previous assumptions, for it’s in those assumptions that I see an opportunity to defy expectations. Who’s to say that a lady of noble birth can’t be a philosopher or a scholar, breaking free from those very noble restraints? Perhaps, it’s time to challenge not just what you thought of me but also the boundaries set by our society. What do you say to that?” she raised up her chin a bit as she said that, changing her posture from elegant to it portraying strength and confidence. She directly looked into his eyes. She took these matters seriously, even if she had spoken with a hint of playfulness.

“Your travels sound absolutely fascinating, Lord Harrison. It’s a shame we can’t delve into these stories further tonight.” she quickly whispered to him as she had finally noticed Edgar trying to get her attention. She felt so guilty, Edgar was a nice man, and she had allowed herself to get all caught up in this conversation with Harrison, Edgar really didn’t deserve that, didn’t deserve her. She was even frustrated herself, how had she allowed herself to get so caught up in someone like Harrison, it didn’t make sense to her. Why did he have that power over her? He shouldn’t have. She shook her head once back and forth before saying.

“Of course, Lord Edgar, it would be most disrespectful and impolite of me to not accept this dance while I have agreed to it earlier tonight” she said with an amused smile, poking a bit more fun at Harrison for how she had rejected him and being at first name base with Edgar, as she did hold out her hand for Edgar to guide her to the dance floor. “I am most sorry if I kept you waiting” she said as she looked at Edgar. As they walked off to the dance floor, Albina had one last look back at Harrison, and met his eyes, he really had surprised her.

As they started dancing, Albina’s focus slowly shifted to Edgar. And she said, thinking out loud, “It is certainly interesting to be sharing this dance, seeing you here in this different surroundings than a library. It’s amusing to me.” she let out a little chuckle. “Talking of libraries however, have you read any interesting books as of recently?” she inquired. Their love for books and reading was something they had bonded over, so it was more of an automatism she asked. It was just always something that came up during their conversations.

@Ouijaloveletters - Edgar
@Kristi - Harrison. Thank you Kristi for this amazing interaction. I have thoroughly enjoyed!

4 Likes

End of convo with Albina Northwick

When the lady had asked if there was a method to his personality- whether there was a purpose behind his chaos or it was simply his way of keeping everyone on their toes, Harrison chuckled. “Can it be both? I am simply a generous man, I am doing it so I can live and so others can live. Dying without adventuring seems quite like a tragedy. Thus me being the generous I am, I want others to live and for I to truly live.” It was not a lie- what he was saying. But mostly Harrison did it- because chaos is truly all he has known. His life was filled with chaos and he often found himself being suffocated- so what better to release tension than freedom? Harrison was scandalous, he was chaotic because he was Harrison. There was no other real explanation for his behavior than this; He is Harrison Michelangelo Davis and he was an artist. All artist are a little bit mad- that is how art is created, from wild imaginations.

When Albina had said that there was more to him- beneath his facade of chaos and scandals, Harrison found his smile dropping a bit- transforming into something that could not quite be deciphered as he thought about ‘them’, he would truly do anything for them, even if it meant risking his reputation or dropping a facade- yes, ‘they’ shall live a good life, society shall not taint them anymore. He picked back up his smile as Albina began to playfully challenge him- switching the topic. “Waltzing with my mirror that sounds like a great idea! I was thinking of having a statue being made in my honor- and a group of people will carry the statue to the wedding ceremony, but carrying a mirror does seem like less of a hassle. It will be the greateast love story of all time i think- me and myself. Shakespeares lovers have nothing on the love between me and myself,” Harrison mused, using his hands to describe the statue he was thinking of getting build. Same height as him, same everything-- though he wondered how they will get his hair right or his face, perfection is truly hard to replicate but perhaps they could. He amusingly thought. “That was one more chuckle- I have amused you more than once already, truly i am a man of my words no?” Harrison winked as he noticed the lady trying hard to bit back her laughter.

“If anything happens, I am always willing to take the blame Lady Northwick, my reputation unlike yours already hands on a thread- it is expected and there only one who shall truly be a stray is me.” Harrison said noticing Albina’s sad tone on that. Ever since the deal with Lady Svetlana when he was a young young child and some time after he had met Katrina, Harrison had always made sure that his reputation was the only that truly got a hit. He had ‘business’ with noble ladies whose names are not known because Harrison had protected their names- he was not one to tattle and he would never become one to do so, Harrison was just here for a good time really. How could he have a good time when another person was having a bad time? Unlike Harrison, most people of the ton cared a of their reputation- and he could understand why, after all who would not want a good reputation and Lady Albina was a woman, women are not so fortunate like men in the world and Harrison often found himself pitying them. It was truly a shame-they were held to much more restrain than gentlemen- a gentleman can be a rake and still be considered able to be a good husband but a woman cannot be a siren- and still be considered able to turn into a good wife. Society was truly silly and that was why Harrison held no care for its rules, it had too many rules and too many loopholes and benefited few. “If we ever do travel together, you will be quite shocked by what others might tell you about me or what you might actually learn about me.” He told her not, disclosing anything more but just smiling, challenging her back, as his eyes never left hers.

“I whole heartily agree, the system should be changed. Society needs a revolution greater than the renaissance, I am too tired of noble restrains as an lady you surely do have more restrains than I do. I do wonder what a female philosopher can come up with, because in society no one is more tired than women. Their lives are tiring and suffocating, no offense but I do not wish to be a born a lady in this time or the time before, I would run mad if I was one and perhaps a few has already run man-which is why I think most women if giving the chance shall be great philosophers or artists. The more tired, the madder, the better.” He said in total agreement. Ever since his younger sister was born,not the youngest but the first female child in his family was born, Harrison knew that Angelina shall be great and she would be even greater if not that was so hesitant due to her position in society- a woman and due to that his mother was stricter on her. She was strict on his younger brothers too, and she used to be strict on Harrison till she gave us stating that Harrison was like the ocean to which Harrison had laughed at.

he was about to respond to her calling his travelling fascinating, till the man that he had seen staring at them came up to him, asking to borrow Lady Northwick for a dance. Harrison raised a brow, doing a little brow, “Oh, do not worry! Our conversation was coming to an end… lord Fuller? You may take her. It was nice having a talk with you Lady Albina, enjoy your dance. Goodbye to you as well Lord fuller,” Harrison said as he bowed his head down, giving one last wink to Lady Albina before he walked away.

mentioned:

@Jass
@Ouijaloveletters

1 Like

Goodness, Albina had finally noticed him. He was prepared to speak up and interrupt their conversation if he had to, but he didn’t have to resort to that. He quietly waved off her apologies, shaking his head. ”Please do not fret, Lady Albina. I truly was not bothered waiting, and I found it rude to interrupt your conversation. If anything, I should be the one to apologize. The two of you looked like you were enjoying yourself, and I cannot help but feel bad interrupting you. You did promise me a dance, though, Lady Albina.” He smiled softly, nodding at Harrison. ”Thank you, Lord Davis, much appreciated. Goodbye to you.” He took Albina’s hand, leading her to the dance floor. He chuckled softly at her when she’d mentioned how they’d met. ”Certainly, it is lovely to see you in other surroundings too. I still believe you to be the politest intruder ever.” Edgar winked, bringing up the time, years ago, when they had first met. Most people would never dream of befriending a home intruder, yet…Edgar was interesting. ”You certainly know I have read many books. I believe it shall be rather tricky to decide which was my favorite. I have discovered several enjoyable medical pamphlets, but there were too many to mention.”
@Jass - Albina

3 Likes

Dance number four Edgar Füller

“Lord Edgar, your graciousness is truly appreciated. I’m delighted that you weren’t bothered by the wait, and your politeness speaks volumes. No need for apologies. I’m honored to share a dance with you, and I’m sure we shall enjoy it immensely.” She said more out of formality than truthfulness, part of her wished she were dancing with Harrison instead. If he would have asked her, she would have probably crossed another name off her list for him. However, as Edgar graciously led her to the dance floor, Albina couldn’t help but appreciate his considerate and gentlemanly demeanor. The ballroom’s soft music filled the air, and the dance floor seemed to be a world of its own, with couples gracefully waltzing to the melodies of the orchestra. In that moment, something in Albina switches, and she was focused on Edgar.

She continued their conversation, her voice carrying a touch of nostalgia as she reminisced, “Our first meeting was indeed an unusual one, and yet, it laid the foundation for an intriguing friendship, didn’t it? Not everyone would have extended such courtesy to me in such positions.” she shook her head at him, and mouthing “stop”, subtly signing him to stop talking about her breaking in. Something like that coming out in society could certainly ruin her reputation. She continued talking as normal, “It’s a testament to your open-mindedness and curiosity, qualities that I admire.”

As they swayed to the rhythm of the dance, Albina’s eyes met Edgar’s, and she added, “And speaking of curiosity, Lord, Füller, your appreciation for medical pamphlets is quite distinctive. It’s not a subject many would find engaging, but I daresay it reflects your inquisitive nature. I’m fascinated to hear about your favorite literary discoveries.” She then inquired with a playful glint in her eyes, “Your appreciation for medical pamphlets showcases a unique aspect of your character. It makes me wonder, would you ever consider pursuing a career in the medical field? Your curiosity and penchant for medical literature might suggest a hidden talent or a latent interest in healing arts. I’d love to hear if you’ve ever dabbled further in such studies or if it’s a world you’ve simply enjoyed exploring through your readings.” This question was more a random thought process spoken out loud. She realised outside of the reading and countless memories they had shared, she did not actually know Edgar and his life and interests all too well. She felt some curiosity however, to get to know those things about him.

Their dance continued with an air of elegance and congeniality, and Albina couldn’t help but feel a sense of connection with Edgar, appreciating the depth of their conversations and the memories they had created together.

@Kristi - Harrison (mentioned) - sorry for the late tag, just now noticed I actually had forgotten to tag you…

4 Likes

Edgar smiled at her. ”Lady Albina, I do not believe I have the capacity to be annoyed. Well, that is untrue. I’m sure I have been annoyed before, I just cannot remember. I believe that is why people seem to enjoy my company. It can be rather unfortunate for me, because as you know, it is very easy for my social level to deplete. It is a blessing and a curse that people enjoy my company. It is a burden I shall bear graciously. I admit that I have never been sad when plans were canceled, to be honest. Society can be…” He sighed, shaking his head. ”Very tiring, as I’m sure you know. I would much rather read beside a fire than go dance.” He went quiet when she shook her head, nodding. He then gave her a gracious look when Albina called him open minded, looking down in embarrassment. He really should be used to people praising him, as he truly deserved it. Unfortunately, the man had rather low self esteem, so someone may have to force him to accept the praise given. Albina’s eyes then met his, and he held her gaze. Asking if he had hoped to become a doctor, he nodded. ”That is correct, I am hoping to become one. That means I either must get over my quiet nature, or fake it. I believe it shall be the latter, but it certainly could be worse. I may not be good at speaking, yet I love to assist people in any way possible. I know I can use my love of medical books to help, and contribute to society. If you would like, I have no issues lending you any texts you wish.”
@Jass - Albina

3 Likes

“Lord Edgar,” she quipped with a twinkle in her eye, “I must say, while your quiet nature may not always fit the grand expectations of society, it’s a quality that makes you all the more intriguing. In a world of extravagant soirées and lively gatherings, a dash of quietude can be a refreshing change. In a society that often thrives on constant social engagement, finding solace in the quiet moments is something to be treasured.” While Albina was more extroverted herself, and strived while mingling and enjoyed the social aspect of the balls, she did truly enjoy her own company as well. In fact, she enjoyed both quite equally, she would not be able to pick one over the other. Each were equally as important for her life. “And I must say, the company of a good book, the comforting crackling of a fire, and the knowledge contained in those pages can be just as enriching as any grand ballroom, don’t you think?”

With a playful grin, she continued, “And as for your ambition to become a doctor, I have no doubt that you’ll make an excellent one. I must admit, while my temperament isn’t particularly suited to the sight of blood, I do have a knack for asking questions and seeking knowledge. So, I look forward to delving into those medical texts you’ve offered, even if it’s just to be an inquisitive reader.”

Their dance took on a lighthearted tone, as Albina combined her warmth and curiosity with a touch of playfulness, making their conversation even more engaging. As the dance carried them further across the ballroom, Albina’s playful demeanor continued to shine. Her eyes sparkled with mirth, and she couldn’t resist adding another layer to their conversation.

She spoke with a conspiratorial tone, “I must confess, I have a fondness for secrets, especially the kind that add a little intrigue to life. So, here’s a challenge for you: If you had to pick a secret talent or a hidden skill that not many are aware of, what would it be?” she said with a challenging smile on her face "I’ll even share what I would pick. she leaned in a bit to whisper to him, “I would craft intricately hidden compartments in any type of furniture.” she said with a mischievous grin on her face. She would not be stupid enough to say out loud she actually did possess that skill, as she had been using it for years. Not always quite successfully, as matters she had hidden had been found before, but truth be told, more often it was successful than not.

4 Likes

Edgar could not have possibly agreed with Albina more. ”I certainly agree. What is life without the quiet? Some of the most beautiful things can happen in the quiet, such as sunset or sunrise. I always make a point to rise early enough to watch the sun rise. The colors are rather beautiful, and are reminiscent of paintings. Ah, I’m waxing poetic again. There I go, rambling yet again. It’s strange, most tell me o speak more, yet my mother tells me I talk quite a lot. It’s possible I just open up around those am comfortable with. What are your thoughts, Lady Albina?” Edgar nodded, remembering Albina’s aversion to blood. ”Ah, yes, I remember you have stated blood makes you ill. I say this politely, but you certainly would not be suited to the profession as a doctor. That does not mean you cannot read as many medical books of mine as you would like. I graciously invite you to our estate to choose any books you would like. I ask for nothing in return.” Listening to the challenge she’d given him, he thought for a second. ”I would have to say the fact that I can play the piano…relatively well. I am learning, at least.” Hearing that she could craft passages in furniture, he had an idea that Albina actually could, yet he was polite enough not to call her out on it.
@Jass - Albina

2 Likes

lyds

══✿══╡moving from Magnus to Atlas╞══✿══

Lydia and Magnus both knew each other quite well - though as he described his less than peaceful life behind closed doors, she knew that there were some truths in both their lives that even they didn’t know about each other. “Ah, I am not fooled into thinking it will be easy to rebel - for I know what my parents want for me,” Lydia told him with a weak smile - to avoid the attention of the ton that a concerned expression would bring. “I suppose that this season will be a test for them as well as myself,” She told him, thinking out loud as they continued their dance. “As I wonder what lengths they will be willing to take in order for me to comply,” Lydia continued, though disclosing it in a humourous manner, trying to show that she was joking - mainly. She then smiled as he commented on their inevitable encounters at the gardens. “As long as can keep our hiding spots under lock and key, we wouldn’t want to turn the night into some form of treasure hunt, would we?” Lydia asked him, maintaining her playful tone.

Before their dance could draw to a close, Magnus inquired on the elephant in the room - or the Diamond in the ballroom. The return of her sister. Lydia’s eyes darted around to find the subject of this next conversation. Not being able to find Aurelia. Her gaze softened to see her, and the company she had decided. Aurelia had listened to her wishes, and was conversing with Atlas. She tried to read her face, to pick up on any hints of approval. But remembering she had a question to answer, Lydia turned back. “I cannot give a detailed answer into the matter - for it is something I am still learning myself. Aurelia has been in recovery since fairly recently, and my contact with her has been limited, as I was told it would disrupt her progress,” Lydia told him honestly, though knowing that this wasn’t an answer - “Though from my few interaction, I can see Aurelia is doing well, she seems…”

Her words trailed off as the music did, and as those who shared the dancefloor with them began dispersing, and Lydia broke away to follow suit. “I hope I could answer your question,” She told him, though slight uncertainty waved through her. “It was a pleasure to be in your company, Your Grace,” Lydia told him with a smile, a genuine one that displayed the familiarity and comfort between the pair. After a short curtsey and final goodbyes were exchanged, Lydia rejoined the crowd that surrounded the dance floor, to see where the rest of the night took her.

Though her next conversation was quickly settled when Lydia found whom she had been hoping to speak to this evening. “Atlas!” She called for his attention, before remembering her environment and the over-eager impression she may have just given him. “My Lord, I mean,” Lydia greeted in a more composed manner as they made their way towards each other. “What are the odds of encountering you in this place?” She ask him in a joking manner.

══✿══╡°˖✧ ✿ ✧˖°╞══✿══

@sunflowerjm Atlas Delaney
@CrazyCaliope Magnus Edevane
@benitz786 Aurelia Ellis

1 Like

Albina, appreciating the depth of their conversation, responded with a warm smile. “Lord Edgar,” she began, her voice carrying a hint of playful sarcasm, “you have a rather uncanny knack for finding beauty in the quieter moments of life. Watching the sunrise – how utterly poetic of you! I can just picture you reciting verses to the sky, should you ever run out of medical pamphlets.”

With a twinkle in her eye, she continued, “As for your tendency to ‘wax poetic’ and ‘ramble,’ well, we all have our delightful quirks, don’t we? I, for one, have a stubborn streak that rivals the most verbose of poets. I can get positively lost in the intricacies of arguing a point, much like you do with sunrises.” She let out a soft, melodious laugh, her eyes sparkling with amusement. It was her way of playfully teasing him, demonstrating her fondness for his quirks. “But really,” she continued in a more serious tone, “it’s quite a remarkable quality. Society often rushes past these simple joys, and it’s refreshing to find someone who values them.”

She then leaned in a bit closer, her tone conspiratorial, and added, “And as for the talking, dear Lord Edgar, I must confess, I’m not unfamiliar with those ‘comfort zone’ moments myself. You see, even the most confident and eloquent among us can have their share of hushed, reflective interludes. It’s all part of the grand dance of conversation, don’t you think?” she smiled at him as she added sort of teasing him for rambling playfully, “And I, for one, believe it truly is a privilege to be in your comfort zone.” During the latter part of her response, Albina’s hand, which was resting in Edgar’s as part of the dance, gave a gentle, reassuring squeeze to convey her genuine appreciation.

As they discussed her incapability to handle blood, and he invited her back to his estate, “A medical career might not be in the cards for me due to my unique sensitivities, but in my defense, I do possess the intelligence to become a doctor, and have a rather uncanny knowledge on other matters.” Albina truly was confident in her own brain and intelligence “However, your offer to explore your collection of medical pamphlets is truly generous. I’d be delighted to delve into the world of medical literature and gain insights from your vast knowledge.” Albina took every opportunity to study and learn that was given to her. If she could not do so through the official institutions such as universities, she appreciated these direct connections with people who could educate her on matters.

“The piano, Lord Edgar? Well, I must admit, it’s not the most covert of talents, but I do appreciate the effort to impress me.” With a chuckle, she playfully poked fun at the notion of the piano as a hidden talent. “Perhaps we shall have a musical exchange sometime, where you can showcase your piano skills, and I can reveal my mastery of different instruments. It would be most interesting to teach you something for a change,” she remarked with a laugh. She had mostly learned from him thus fur in their friendship, it would be enjoyable to actually see him in a context he was not the most comfortable in and where she could teach him.

2 Likes

As he walked away and lady Albina and lord Edgar began their dances, Harrison stared at them. A hand under his chin- what was he thinking of? Nothing of much importance really, he was just wondering how they knew each other. Lord Edgar’s discomfort at social soirées was known to him, while Lady Albina’s fervor for socialization was evident. Thus, the query lingered – how had their camaraderie blossomed? He mused softly, a hum slipping from his lips as he turned and continued his perambulation. He sat down on a table, interacting with the other gentlemen as they drank and shared conversations- Harrison did not drink with them or at least did not drink alcohol with them but he had talked a lot with them. Sharing laughter, his eyes scanned the dance room- till he saw his sister, dancing with someone he was not too fond of as a dancing partner for that.

“Why are they dancing together?” It was not meant as a question that needed an answer nor did he intend to say his thoughts out loud- and yet both occurred. Someone had answered with, “because he had asked her to dance.” and he had said his thought out loud.

“Oh is that so?” Harrison said faking a fake surprised, “Is that truly the case? Here I was, entertaining the fanciful notion that sorcery wove their waltz. How foolish of me.” He said rolling his eyes as he stood up, dropping his glass. “do not have too much fun without me, I will be back,” Harrison said.

Harrison began walking towards his sister when he stopped in his tracks. Right- there was nothing he could do was there? It was a dance in a public event and Harrison was trying to do his best in staying away from scandals this season- he probably already had one. one that his mother would not seize talking about once they reached home. But Harrison could not just let his younger sister dance with that man and not supervise them! He had to know what they were talking about, when his sister began to laugh, Harrison raised a brow- for what was that lady laughing about? Harrison knows that man, the man was not funny. What type of fake laugh was that? His poor sister, she was trapped! Harrison shook his head- no, there was no other way about it! For her had to know what they were talking about.

Meaning, Harrison is indeed of a dance partner. He was truly thinking of taking a break from dancing this fourth dance, but it seems the universe has other plans for him. Harrison eyed the ballroom- really, anyone would do- after all it was not really a dance for ‘him’ but a way to listen to what his sister and the man were speaking of, but still, Harrison did not wish to dance with a lady who was too dull or too bold (for the later, at least not right now for he might get distracted, any other day. Sure). He pursued his lips, not really finding anyone who caught his eye to dance with and he was about to just go with any lady he saw who was free when lady Bridget Beckham.

Was she not the blind woman? A lady who was visually impaired in a world like this was truly at a disadvantage in society. Harrison thought to himself, unfairly treated against- the world was truly cruel to them and Harrison had heard many insults herld at Lady Beckham from the people he talked to- who mocked her blindness. Though, Harrison did not know her- he had defended her, blindness was not something to be mocked after all.It was a sad thing to not be able to see the world’s beauty but to only be able to hear the world’s horrors- but Harrison often found that visually disadvantage people where the best of artists. They always had a talent for arts the arts was usually what kept them going and he wondered shall Lady Beckham be like that? But he shall not focus too much on that- after all he did have a sister to eavedrop on but if she was an artist, Harrison always had a passion for talking to other artists. Art interested him after all, he believed that art was the reason one breathes and exist.

Thus, he walked up to her, a smile on his handsome features, “Lady Beckham” Harrison said drawing her attention. He took her left hand gently in his right so she knew at what direction he was in, “I heard,” releasing her hand and putting his own hands behind his back, a smile on his face- though she could not see it. " The music here is lovely, but I believe your laughter could outshine any melody. Would you do me the honor of this dance? And in repayment I shall make you laugh, bring a joyful expression to a lovely face. I am told, I easily create smiles from people." Harrison continued, “I am earl Harrison, Harrison Davis. an enchanter, an artist and a dreamer. And currently, I’m having dreams, I’m having dreams of you dancing with me, I’m having dreams of us waltzing together in the dance center and I’m having dreams of your smile that I shall make a reality. I’m a dreamer it seems, a poor poor dreamer, will you be so kind to make my dreams reality?”

@Bluecookies

2 Likes

Pre-dance four, Belle Fleur

Baylor had just finished the dance with Adeline, debriefed a little with his friend Augustus, and then was ready to find Aurelia for his next dance, as he had put his name on her dance card for the following dance and he was looking forward to spending some time with her. He walked for a bit, not seeing her right away. As he walked, his eye caught something. Well, more like someone. Was she really here? he asked himself, could it ever be? The blonde hair, the exact same build and posture as he remembered. He took a small breath, and then approached her, starting to speak to her while she still had her back towards him. “Good evening, Lady Beatrice. It’s been far too long since we last met. Remember me? The name is Baylor Rutherford, the Earl of Eastleigh. What brings you back, all alone, to the London social scene after all these years?” Still unaware of how mistaken he had been, thinking Belle Fleur was the lady he had fancied three years prior. One could not deny how remarkably similar they looked, especially from the back.

@Kristi - Belle

1 Like

Beige Vintage Traveler Twitter Header

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇

Breathe- taylor swift

Belle was exhausted after being dragged into two different dances with people she had not expected to dance with. In reality, this was a foreseen turn of events, and Belle, ever the anticipatory seer of the unexpected, couldn’t deny her foreknowledge. She had hoped, though, that her evasion execution would have been more masterful. Curiosity, that unrelenting tempest flowing through her veins, tortured her to the core of her soul. It always triumphed over her most rational thoughts—Belle, the valiant protector of logic.

No sentiment could lord over her the way curiosity did, and this was a burden. One of the biggest burdern’s in her life- being curious was a pain. If she was not a bibliophile, belle would have found a way to kill her curiosity. She would have buried with and plant flowers on its tombstone and danced on it-another emotion buried, another vulnerability hidden. That was what she had done with a lot of emotions- and people- cut them off. In her life, if she wanted to succeed for her cause, she could not be held back by emotions. It was a surprise, how Belle had not yet decided to dump her friends- well, it was not really a surprise. One cannot live without love, familial love. Romantic love was easy to live with when you did not feel it and when it was the first emotion you decided to bury when you grew.

As she stood in nowhere in particular, Belle heard a voice. Lady Beatrice? Who was that? Well, the person was obviously not talking to her. There was no possibility of that! But the person- a man was indeed talking to her as he came closer. Right behind her. Belle turned to face him, raising a brow, “Lady Beatrice?” She asked, Belle liked to think that her dressing was unique enough- especially when it incorporated a mix of styles that were both outdated and modern, and handmade by her or designed by her and then made by a tailor for her, especially in this dress to get confused as someone else. "And why else would a lady be in london at this time, I think the answer for this will be very obvious- whether i was Lady Beatrice or not?’ Well If Lady Beatrice , whoever she was, was in London, she and Belle would perhaps not have the same motivations. After all Belle was not here for marriage- she was here to debut and to gain something from her aunt that was it. lady Beatrice as most ladies who were not Belle probably would be here for marriage. As Belle stared at the man, taking him in- she remembered his name.

Baylor Rutherford- where has she heard that last name before? Rutherford, Rutherford Rutherfod… Oh wait! “Are you perhaps Lady Maisie’s brother?” Belle asked, she had heard from Maisie that she had a brother but Belle had never seen that so called Brother. But perhaps he was not- yet he was earl of eastleigh, was not the earldom Maisie was from Eastleigh too? And they did share similarities. “You are her brother, aren’t you,” it was more of a statement than a question.

@Jass

1 Like

Pre-dance four Belle Fleur

As soon as the lady turned around, Baylor knew he was mistaken. His eyes met the beautiful brown eyes of the lady in front of him, as he spoke, his tone carrying a hint of self-deprecation: “I sincerely apologize, for it seems I mistook you for someone else. You bear a striking resemblance to an old friend of mine, Lady Beatrice.”, he admitted apologetic, slightly flustered but still maintaining his composure. “Who wedded three years prior and relocated to Manchester with her husband, hence my astonishment at the presumption of her presence at the ball tonight.” it might be the port he had been drinking, but he felt the need to overly explain himself to her why logically what he had said made sense to him.

Baylor paused for a moment, his analytical mind always at work, “However, Lady Beatrice or not, you have raised an intriguing notion. While it is undeniable that the marriage market beckons many ladies to London’s social season, I have found the motivations guiding a lady’s presence here can be diverse.” Baylor had danced with ladies before who were now known as spinsters, ladies who never wedded at all, so he disagreed with the lady’s implication that all ladies were here to marry, as it factually was incorrect, “Your accent suggests that you may not be of British heritage, yet you are present in London for the social season. Might I have the pleasure of inquiring about your own reasons for gracing us with your presence during this social season?” He had no idea he was talking to the foreign daughter of Duke. The ton had certainly discussed the arrival of Belle Fleur, yet Baylor had not yet put 1 and 1 together and realised that was her, who he was talking to. Blame it on the port, one could say.

Her direct question about being Lady Maisie’s brother was met with a slight nod and the faintest smile. “Indeed, I am,” he confirmed. “It appears you have the advantage of me, as you seem to know more about me than I do about you.” he stated factually, more an observation and conclusion than anything else.

@Kristi - Baylor

1 Like

⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆⋇⋇⋆✦꘏✦⋆⋇
Belle eyed him when he had said she had similarities to his old friend. Was that so? Lady Beatrice, Belle had never really heard of her but she already seemed quite interesting. She wondered if the lady Beatrice was of French origins- after all, the name sounded french to her. “I see,” Was all belle said. The friend has wedded already it seemed- three years ago. And if Belle did share similarities to the lady like he said she did- it was no wonder he was taken by surprise.

She titled her head staring at him again, he was taller than most men here- but not taller than any of her brothers. Her brothers did have an unfair advantage in the height department concerning that her mother is 5’10 and her father is 6’2, and her grandparents height was also quite high. From what Belle have heard though due to interbreeding in the past, they were shorter in structure- the fleurs, it was a surprise that their heights saw such a gigantic increase in the times of her great great grandparents. Like Belle said, Lord Baylor was quite tall-and only just slightly shorter than her brothers who at times seemed like mountains towering over her. “You are pardoned for the mistake,” Belle said with a friendly smile- or at least she had hoped the smile she gave was friendly. People always misunderstood her expressions and well to their credit- Belle was hard to understand so it was understandable and currently she was still feeling the effects of drinking too much so she couldn’t quite think if the smile she gave would be considered friendly or not? Would it? Perhaps yes perhaps not.

After Belle had ‘pardoned’ him, she was about to walk away- after all was not there conversation done? He had made a mistake and Belle had acknowledge the mistake, there was no more to it. Thus, she prepared her leave, but before that lord baylor had begun to speak again.

"However, Lady Beatrice or not, you have raised an intriguing notion. While it is undeniable that the marriage market beckons many ladies to London’s social season, I have found the motivations guiding a lady’s presence here can be diverse.”

Belle raised a brow at that- that was quite correct and her motivations were of the ‘diversity’ that he spoke of. But still she was slightly taken aback by that, after all, most people truly think that a woman’s only purpose will be marriage. That it is all a lady can desire even though to some ladies like her- marriage felt more like a punishment. She curved her lips in approval of his words, “indeed they are many reasons why a lady might come to a ball, and you are correct in saying I am not of British heritage, i’m a french noblewoman.” belle did not state who she was, her name or the house she belonged to. House Fleur. She was the daughter to duke and duchess of burgundy, a dukedom with a lost of history-power and connections- after all her family did live for that. Making connections, making allies and always being at an advantage. it was why her mother encouraged Belle’s reading and furthered her education instead of just making her learn of how to be a wife, taking care of a house- though her mom’s prayers consisted mostly of that; Belle becoming a wife. Her mom let her further her education, encourage her to do so because an intelligent mind can benefit the Fleur family in a lot of ways. “I am here because I am here, today is my debut day and I have just debuted and I am here because I am forced and I am here because I wish to gain something from someone. Indeed, a lady’s motivations can be so diverse, especially considering my motivations are to be a spinster and yet I am forced to debut,” Belle said, her face lacking emotions but her tone filled with amusement. Why was she amused? She was slightly intoxicated! Of course she was amused, a lot of things amused her currently. Like the glasses the british queen chose to use, it just amused her!

When he had confirmed that he was indeed Lady Maisie’s brother like Belle suspected she nodded in realization that she had finally met Lady Maisie’s infamous brother. The one, she knew not except for the fact that he existed and he was the heir. “Indeed I do quite have an advantage,” She wondered if she should go by a fake name- lie about who she was for the reason but that it would be entertaining if they meet again and he found out who she truly was, but she had drank and she wanted to be amused in another way. “I’ll give you some hints to who I am. I am of french blood, I am often associated with flowers, and my family- were talked about in the beginning of the dance for being held back in france due to troubles.” A game, a game of guesses and a puzzle gamed. She wondered shall he guess this? Or will she have to give more clues?

@Jass

2 Likes

Pre-dance four Belle Fleur

Baylor, ever reserved and introverted, nodded in acknowledgment of Belle’s understanding regarding his earlier mistake. His response remained composed, a faint glimmer of intrigue flickering within his analytical eyes. “I appreciate your understanding,” were the only words he spoke on it. It wasn’t often he encountered such situations, and he found Belle’s brief response to him overly explaining himself intriguing, providing an unexpected twist to their conversation.

He then shifted seamlessly to the topic of Belle’s motivations for attending the London social season, approaching it with the precision of an introverted thinker solving a complex puzzle. He observed Belle with analytical curiosity, his voice measured and contemplative. “Ah, a French noblewoman, I see,” he began, his words delivered with careful consideration. “The rich tapestry of French aristocracy, with its unique traditions and historical context, provides a distinct perspective compared to our British counterparts. It’s quite a rare and fascinating occurrence to have you here in London, engaging in the social season,” he mused. His mention of the ongoing war and political turbulence added a layer of depth and gravity to their discussion.

As soon as she disclosed her French nobility, Baylor’s logical mind set to work, meticulously piecing together the information at hand. He continued his inquiry with his trademark reserved intensity, each word reflecting his introverted nature. “Indeed, the factors driving individuals into the heart of London’s social season can be multifaceted and, at times, rather enigmatic,” he noted, his mind focused on dissecting the intricacies of the situation.

The French blood, association with flowers, and family troubles in France were all intriguing clues that all had made him able to conclude with certainty who she was. “The singular French noblewoman in attendance, Mademoiselle Fleur, it is an honour to make your acquaintance.” Baylor continued with a bow, his warm but understated smile gracing his lips with the precision of a man who chooses his words carefully. “The reputation of your esteemed family undoubtedly precedes you. I find myself genuinely intrigued by the rationale that underpins your family’s presence in London and your own reasons for partaking in these social affairs.”

Baylor’s introspective nature couldn’t help but be intrigued by Belle’s atypical choice to pursue a path of spinsterhood, a decision he knew was seldom made with any logical consideration. It was far more common for ladies to be pushed down this path by their inability to secure a suitable husband. While he somewhat judged her for wanting such things for herself, he was not going to share his true stance, yet. Rather he wished to first understand her reasoning for such a decision. “Mademoiselle Fleur, I must admit, it’s not often one encounters a lady who consciously chooses the path of spinsterhood. Your motivations in this regard genuinely pique my interest,” he remarked with his characteristically thoughtful tone. “Might I have the privilege of learning more about your specific goals and aspirations as you navigate the intricate dance of the London social scene while eschewing matrimony?” His precise and contemplative questions remained true to his methodical approach, always driven by the desire to unearth the underlying motivations and objectives behind Belle’s decision.

@Kristi - Belle

1 Like

When he had identified her as mademoiselle Fleur, Belle’s lips curved into a smile, “Bravo! You are quite right, Belle Rose Fleur. I am a good friend of your sister, it is a wonder I have not seen you,” Then again was it truly? Belle paid a lot of attention to detail of course- but she always just stuck close to people she considered friends. Telling them there is a no need- if a friend wished to introduce her to their sibling, or not really being bothered with most things except her studies or reading for fun. “International connections,” Belle said, “The fleur family is here to strengthen international ties with england, especially since things have been quite tight.” Belle said referring to the tight political situation going on recently. The fleur family had a lot of influence and close allies internationally and thus the French monarchy thought it would be a good idea if their second daughter debuts as a tribute to the Queen of England- to show them that France does not wish for war nor trouble. Though, with stalling her parent’s coming… It possible raised a lot of brows and suspections. A lot of miscommunication that her parents will handle-and settle. “My being here is a tribute,” She confessed for no reason in particular that it was not really much of a secret and she wanted to see his reaction, because studying people interested her, “My elder sister debuted in France because she’s the oldest and her loyalty is to france, I debuted in England because my loyalty is to France and I have to show good international relationship with the English monarchy.” Though with Thomas being friends with Magnus, you would have already thought that the Fleur family already showed good relationship with the british monarchy. Did she really have to do this? Belle would have preferred to not debut at all or at least till she was 20, but if she had to debut, she would rather France. She could get away with a lot in France because it was expected of her, the queen will be mad but it will not be considered treason. England, being a foreign territory meant a lot of things; everything she might do may be considered a threat . “And it is undecided with my younger sister. My father wishes for france and my mother also wishes for france but she thinks italy or portugal will be much better places for debut. What do you think, Lord Rutherford. France or italy or portugal?” Of course she knew that his opinion would mean nothing- after all, her parents did not make decisions based on what strangers told them to do but she was curious. What country did he hold in high regard that was not his own nation and he was also curious on what his reaction would be to her asking this.

Three possible reactions- ‘my lady I do not know why you ask this for me as it has nothing to do with me’ or he would tell her his thoughts or ‘i’m not quite sure’ which path shall he chose? Belle hoped for her own entertainment that he shall chose to give his thoughts and opinions because she was slightly intoxicated and bored. She wanted to see what type of man he was- his choice of diction, his body movements, and the way he answered will give her this information. Who was Lord Rutherford, the brother of a friend she had never met until today. Was it a man she was bound to hate or feel indifferent towards? A question that she needed an answer too.

When Baylor had said that Belle’s choice of spinsterhood intrigued him, she was not shocked. After all it did shock everyone from the first moment she said it, even the French monarchy as they were quite frustrated at this information for reasons Belle knows not of- though it was not that hard to put together. She was a Fleur- a daughter of such a prestigious family and she did not wish for marriage? Such a grave offense, Belle mocked. She remembers the first time she told her mother that she should not worry of such things as planning marriages for Belle, as Marriage is prison she wishes not of and her mother was enraged. Their relationship had strained because of that as Belle kept defending herself and arguing- she was not one to back down after all. Her sister had taught it was just her being young or because she wanted to ‘rebel’ as Belle had always loved rebelling against society but it was more than that. Her brothers- they did not have much emotion and her father had been taken a back but agreed that maybe marriage was not for Belle. Her father always took her side after all. He always defended her choices that sometimes it seemed suspicious to her- yes, Belle was truly incapable of fully trusting anyone even her own kind father. God, what type of human was she?

“I plan to live with a friend,” Belle began, “Or with one of my kin, and I plan to focus on my studies and inventions. I truly just plan to live and get wiser. Design outfits for my nieces and nephews, be their tutor if when they grow and are in need of one and read. In addition to,” Belle pursued her lips at the end. Right, the end was not common knowledge, she could not say it.

@Jass

1 Like

no dance: encounter with Lydia

Atlas downed his second drink of the evening as he stared into the dancing crowd. He had just parted ways with his previous dance partner, a rather unexpected one. He was trying his best to make sense of everything that had just taken place. Out of everyone present tonight, he did not expect Aurelia to approach him. The last time they spoke, it was not pleasant; he could never figure out why, but he knew that he was not Aurelia’s favorite person. Atlas had always assumed that the reason was because she considered him to be unworthy of being with her sister Lydia. Every time Atlas would go looking for Lydia at the Eliis home, he would receive a cold welcome from Aurelia almost every time. He chose to ignore it every time, though; he knew that not even she could keep him away from his Lydia.

Yet tonight, it was as if he had stepped into an alternate universe. Aurelia was kind and charming, even asking him to dance with her. At first, he was hesitant to even accept, but he knew if he wanted to get her approval, even if she was faking her welcoming persona, Atlas would take any chance to get her acceptance in order to pursue Lydia further. He had never imagined Aurelia would try to charm him, though; it had to be a trick or a test to see if he truly was loyal to Lydia, he thought, yet Atlas could feel his heart sink as he heard Aurelia mention that Lydia had sent her to him, for them to get to know each other and see if they were compatible.

Atlas closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He wanted to believe it was not true. Was this Lydia’s way of telling him she was not interested in him? Of course, for all of these men here, she had probably found someone better. “Atlas!” His thoughts were finally interrupted as he heard the recognizable angelic voice that he always thought about before falling asleep. He opened his eyes to see Lydia standing in front of him, a warm smile on her face. “What are the odds of encountering you in this place?" Atlas was captivated by the warmth and depth of her brown eyes and could not help but linger on her gaze for a moment. How could he be upset when she was right in front of him, beaming happiness and joy? He gave her a little grin as he tried to hide his previous confusion and frustration. “It is as if the cosmos conspired to bring us together no matter where we are.” He joked back, and there was a short pause before he spoke again, “You look lovely tonight Lydia. I was starting to feel out of place but now that you’re here, everything feels right.” Atlas spoke softly to her as he briefly brought his hand close to hers. He was desperate to feel her touch, even for just a moment. “Are you enjoying yourself tonight?”

@novella lydia
mentioned: @benitz786 aurelia

I feel not so confident with this post :smiling_face_with_tear: forgive me lolol

3 Likes