Cali & Wolfie's Tales Stories Recommendations

Hey guys,

I’ve just recently found Tales after seeing a thread Wolfie made a while ago and have started reading stories there. So I thought I’d share some of the stories I read to see if you guys want to read and enjoy them too.

On a comparative note to other interactive reading apps, it seems to help the author just by sharing and reading their story. So that’s a nice supportive feature.

That means in order to help the awesome authors here, I’m going to try to read and share at least one story a week!

Shared thread!

Both Wolfie and I are going to be posting here now. And to add to it a little, we’re also going to be reviewing each other’s recommendations after reading at least two chapters of each.

@Writers, I’ve also created a @TalesTroupe tag if you want to join to keep updated. (wink)

For Wolfie & I:

Recommend
Review

4 Likes

Recommendation One

The Newest Hero

Adventure | 20 Chapters ongoing | Game story

Lucius rules the Empire with an iron fist, until his treacherous second-in-command usurps the throne. Forced to flee, he’s rescued by a group of heroes on their way to overthrow him. As the newest hero in the group, Lucius sets out on a journey to gain power and reclaim his throne… without letting his new allies learn who he really is.

Link to Story

4 Likes

I’m going to have to check this out!

1 Like

Cool. A chapter makes a good bedtime story. HA

1 Like

Lol very true! I’ll read it tomorrow then!

1 Like

Have you had a read?

1 Like

Recommendation Two

Dont Die of Dysentery

Adventure, Historical | 1 Chapter Completed | Game story

Broken bones? Cholera? Typhoid? Can you battle the elements and make it across the country to your new home in the West?

Link to Story

1 Like

Not yet, I got distracted with reading my otome stories. I plan to read it though!

1 Like

Oh. But reading these stories actually support real authors. Please do. The second recommendation is good too and it’s only one long chapter. I’m also reading a third now that is pretty good.

1 Like

This one looks really fun! But would it be possible to read the entire thing in one go? Because I saw people complaining about paying for chapters in the app reviews

2 Likes

There are free stories, so yes.
The first recommendation is one that costs one gem to read, although Tales does have a reward system for reading that I’m still figuring out. Plus, I believe if you login each day to the app, rewards are bigger for each consecutive day? The second recommendation is one chapter, so definitely a yes.

2 Likes

I see! I’ll probably start with the second one then, so I can earn gems first

2 Likes

I’ll start the story now then. Since I have on my mind.

1 Like

Cool. Though gems are harder to get. Sorry, I put you wrong. Gems are used for in-story content (sometimes), as well as donating to authors. While keys are used to unlock chapters of paid stories, and keys can be rewarded daily.

Awesome. Can’t wait to hear your opinion.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know it a little bit!

1 Like

How’d you go? Did you give it a read?

1 Like

Not yet but I plan to this week. We need to restart this back up if you want!

1 Like

@CrazyCaliope Do you care if I post recommendations on here until you are ready to return to it? I won’t do anything until you give me the greenlight.

1 Like

Did you end up having a read of any these?

1 Like

I mean, if you’re reading these Tales’ stories and more, then I don’t see why we can’t do this together, yeah?

1 Like