Discussion: PETA

The animal rights organization PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) is well-known all around the world. Its goals don’t get that much attention as its strategy of getting its message to the people. The organization is the focus of controversy.

Did you hear about PETA before?
What do you think about their work?
Did you ever see a campaign by PETA? What did you think about it?
Do you think their way is the right way to fight for animal rights?

3 Likes

Did you hear about PETA before? yes
What do you think about their work? hypocrites, they are horrible, they kill like 70% of animals they get in
Did you ever see a campaign by PETA? What did you think about it? no thankfully they aren’t really here in my country
Do you think their way is the right way to fight for animal rights? no.

should do one with autim speaks, they are the PETA of autism

2 Likes

YES. Autism Speaks? More like They Need To Shut Up. Bad joke.

Yeah, sadly.

Misinforming the public, stealing, and euthanizing pets isn’t really work

Only saw them online. They’re exaggerated sh*tshows. Like that wool campaign, where they had those fake bloody lambs that they were using to show the cruelty of wool. Even though…Sheep get sheared, not skinned. It wouldn’t be profitable for farmers to harm the sheep while shearing them.

They’re not fighting for animal rights. They’re trying to take people’s rights to own animals away

1 Like

I don’t know that much about them, but I’ve heard they are terrible

2 Likes

they are

1 Like

I read somewhere that Autism Speaks and PETA teamed up to say that preservatives in milk cause Autism. What do you think about this, @Discussions?

1 Like

PETA and Autism Speaks are both awful to the causes they want to “”““help””“”

4 Likes

Very awful. I mean, seriously? Milk. Doesn’t. Cause. Autism. It astounds me. The stupidity of some people.

3 Likes

Oh and just incase anyone doesn’t believe that PETA said this there’s plenty of evidence, just google it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/371751/

And I was watching videos on Autism Speaks earlier so if you’re wondering where they fall into this they did release a “help kit” to parents of children with Autism and in one section they say that diet plays a role which to many parents could be interpretted as “change your child’s diet and they won’t have autism anymore”

To bring this back to PETA, when they try to claim milk causes autism this can seemingly back up what Autism Speaks have implied which basically gives false and harmful information to parents.

PETA often quotes itself as a source btw so that’s inherently dodgy.

4 Likes

Thanks. I really should’ve used sources.

2 Likes

honestly, best way to safe animals is to just leave them and their habitat alone. humans are selfish because we think we need more land to expand instead of thinking in hights which is cheaper and practical.

1 Like

I may aswell answer the questions in the OP

Oh boy yes many times

Well as I’ve said before on this thread and seen said before they often write articles which contain false information and quote themselves as the source which yeah…dodgy. They kill around 70% of the animals they’re claiming to “”“save”“” and they use shock tactics and publicity stunts to get their “”“message”“” across, now, I don’t care about publicity stunts but PETA are preaching misinformation.

Well I’ve mentioned the “Got Autism?” Campaign in a previous post but I’ll talk about it a little more here. They tried to claim that milk can cause autism which is not only trying to demonise autism it’s just blatantly false and actively disgusts me.

Killing 70% of the animals you bring in :thinking:
Quoting yourself as a source :thinking:
Using fear mongering and shock tactics to spread misinformation :thinking:
Making fun of Steve Irwins death on twitter :thinking:

Seems less and less about animal rights as the list goes on.

3 Likes

Oh, PETA also compared the AKC to the KKK and dressed up as klansmen to protest the Westminster dog show. And they boasted about it on their website.

2 Likes

Thank god the whole internet dragged them for that.

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity