Discussion: Poetry

Wow idk why I’m seeing this 8 days later :full_moon_with_face: sorry about that. :pleading_face:

Oh umm it was just a nice short simple one, nothing too fancy.

This one right here!

1 Like

Aw don’t worry about that.

I forgot you responded to me as well. I’ll have a read!

Feel free to check my poetry blog when you can.

1 Like

I kind of really want to read more poetry now but there’s barely anything at the book shops here. Poetry is really unpopular here and if you say you like it, people laugh at you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s strange that people barely talk about poetry. Poetry is art, it’s just like reading a novel but of course the content is different. I don’t see much poetry at the shops either, I Google some for inspiration or just come up with my own which I usually do.

Which country are you from? They sound stupid if they laugh at you.

Austria. People here think you see yourself as someone who’s “above” them if you read or write poetry :woman_facepalming:

Dafuq!!! That is so stupid. Pretty sure they have learnt how to write a poem in school or maybe they failed at it that they go putting down other people for liking poetry.

1 Like

No, we don’t really learn that at school, only those expensive private schools have lessons on writing poetry, the rest of us just read some and learned about the authors :sweat_smile:

Really? That sounds unusual! I remember back in school, it was part of the curriculum to write a poem for creative writing.

1 Like

“creative” is not a word that our teachers and the school system know :upside_down_face:

Blooody hell (British slang for damn)! What do they teach you at school?

1 Like

Well… the basics of “How to not be creative and just follow what everyone else did before you”. The only ones who enjoyed poetry were my German teacher and my English teacher, but my English teacher knew that she’s better off if she hides it. My German teacher was weird and enjoyed poetry, so everyone thought that people who like poetry are weird.

That is absolutely ridiculous, people thinking that is weird for liking poetry. That is like getting weird when someone says that they like erotica; like no one asked them to like it.

1 Like

I’m not a big poetry fan, though I did enjoy teaching a poetry unit and encouraging kids to write their own poems when I taught 7th grade literature in 2015. Back then, I tried writing a little bit of poetry, but it wasn’t that great.

I like poetry, don’t blame me for that!

1 Like

Me too!

Feel free to check my blog:

Closed due to inactivity