Do you think that books are too cheap/expensive?

As the author put all their effort into it, I don’t think books are too cheap or expensive at all. Most books I’ve seen so far has a reasonable price. Plus, books are long-lasting, you can read them over and over again. Thoughts?
Have you seen any books that you find it too expensive/cheap?

4 Likes

They’re too expensive. If authors want people to buy them instead of finding a free version online, they should reduce the price to make it reasonable :eyes::green_heart:

1 Like

Some books are too expensive, others are too cheap. I think fiction books are often too cheap, considering that the authors normally want to live from that :sweat_smile: In contrast, school books and the books I need for university are way to expensive sometimes, I don’t even know why.

1 Like

@Bookworms what’s your opinion on this?

1 Like

iT be expensive for the amount that isn’t even going to the author until they repay their down payment amount s m h

2 Likes

Far too expensive at bookshops in NZ

1 Like

I used to think they were unreasonably expensive, but now I still think some of them are especially in my country. Though, again, I guess it’s reasonable because effort + popularity + quality + the currency or economy work stuff, if you get what I mean.

The books here cost as much as, if not more than, fictional books. I guess it’s reasonable especially in college because it’s made by a professional for future professionals who want to succeed? But yes still expensive

1 Like

In my country they sell books at reasonable prices (story books) which is pretty nice so I can buy a whole bunch of books I like.
They’re not too expensive neither are they too cheap. For me they’re just average.

Health books are different because they sell those really expensive.
I have a few health books that I don’t even use.

Hm, I’m not sure, maybe they’re at a reasonable price? Usually every book here is around 10e but some are more than 20. It depends

@Bookworms do you have anything to add to this?
Are books too cheap or expensive depending on which country you live in?

2 Likes

They average, I think. Though book op shops are always amazing, I reckon.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity