3 Likes

soon :eyes:
I mean I would open them now but idk if that’s a good idea

3 Likes

Ok, let me know.

2 Likes

sure thing

2 Likes

anywayssss guys, one of the reasons I opened this thread was because I want to write another hunger games fanfic series!! This time, I’ll be taking requests for contestants :eyes: Everyone can recommend up to two characters (maybe more, depending on how many people recommend) I’ll do my best to write them well, but if you sign them up, that means you’re okay with me portraying them and them possibly getting injured or k*lled. @FTDFam

7 Likes

Like made up characters or from the series?

1 Like

Totally keen to read this. Loved reading the last one! (wink)

2 Likes

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2 Likes

@RainyDay just characters from the RP!!

@CrazyCaliope OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This means so much to me :pleading_face::sparkling_heart:

@Nil AHHHHHH

3 Likes

?

2 Likes

It’s a hunger games fanfic but the characters are our characters from FTD : D

1 Like

Ohhh.

I never finished mine oof

2 Likes

Oooop don’t worry about that, I don’t think there will be a “never” because the RP is always open! ^~^

2 Likes

ayee :DD I’m going to put it for

• Macy
  • Beckett

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

@RainyDay you still have time (and your reserves I think!!)

@katabasis OMG YESYESYESTES THANK YOU

3 Likes

I think I had some bits finished

1 Like

Stick and Poke by Venus

This short story takes place at the agency, where Ivan is eighteen.

Ivan stared at his lunch tray. Today’s dish was a questionably green slice of bread and some kind of unrecognizable slop. Maybe it had been soup a few weeks ago. He allowed himself to look up from his tray. Across the four-person table were too of his agency “friends”-two people he ate with often. Their names were Indigo and Axel, and they had been dating for almost half a year-or so he thought. It was hard to keep track of who was dating whom. Almost everyone had flings at the agency-it was one of the only ways to keep busy. They were less focused on eating their slop and more focused on devouring each others’ faces. Ivan looked down at his food, then to the empty seat next to him. Usually, a girl named Ava joined his table. It had taken him a few months to realize she always followed him around, complimented him, and offered him her less-moldy slice of bread-because she was interested in him. A week ago, they’d hooked up.

It wasn’t that he didn’t like Ava, because he did. She was pretty, with peach-colored skin, and short black hair. Despite the harsh conditions of the agency, her hair wasn’t greasy, and she almost never had pimples. She was tolerable as well, smart and cunning like him. They were similar in mindset and skill. But he didn’t love Ava. He didn’t love anyone at the agency. He wasn’t interested in a relationship, it would never work. Last week wasn’t bad though… As Ivan mixed the slop around with his rusted spoon, he wondered if the event would ever repeat itself. If he interpreted the looks Ava had been giving him all week, it probably would. As he lifted the spoon to his lips, he wondered again where she was.

“Ivan!!!” He looked up to see Ava running towards him, a black handkerchief in one hand. He set down the spoon and watched as she approached. She was wearing a black tube top and black volleyball shorts-most people at the agency dressed in only black. “Ivan.” She said again, as she came to a stop next to him. He noticed she didn’t take her seat. “What?” He asked, still procrastinating on his lunch. She leaned down until their noses were only an inch apart. “Hold still. I have something to show you.” When Ivan said nothing, looking slightly confused, Ava rolled the handkerchief into one long strip and tied it around Ivan’s head like a blindfold. Ivan was unresponsive when his world turned dark. He felt Ava’s warm hand take his spoon out of his hand, and then hold it instead. She pulled him out of his seat. “C’mon!” She urged, in an unusual, bubbly voice.

He could feel her pulling him down the hallways of the agencies. It was like a maze, full of twists and turns. He couldn’t see anything, but imagined they were getting all kinds of stares. If we get in trouble for this… He heard a door open and slam behind him. Ava released his hand, and a few seconds later, he heard the unfamiliar clatter of small objects on the wood floor. He let out a yelp as he was pulled down to his knees by Ava. “Can you remove the blindfold now?” He asked Ava. He liked to know what was going on, and he felt a bit vulnerable under the blindfold. “Yeah,” Ava reached behind his head and took off the blindfold. The first thing Ivan noticed was that they were in his room-well, their room. He looked to the anxious smile on Ava’s heart-shaped face, and then down to what had fallen on the floor. A bottle of clear liquid, a bottle of black liquid, a razor, a few sharp needles, and paper scraps. He met Ava’s dark hazel eyes.

“I want to give you a stick and poke.” She explained firmly. Ivan knew what stick and pokes were, Ava had quite a few. A crocodile on her calf, someone’s name on her hip, a date, and an orchid on the back of her neck. She also had a few real tattoos, ones she had gotten before being kidnapped. The tight top she was wearing along with the low-waisted shorts showed every tattoo. “And myself, too. I want us to have matching stick and pokes.” Ava continued, looking at Ivan and trying to gauge his reaction. She looked confident while she spoke, but her voice wavered slightly, as if she was worried he would say no or think it was a dumb idea.

Ivan had always wanted a tattoo-more than one, actually. He hadn’t thought about the image he wanted, but he admired his peers with sleeves of tattoos. He thought they were bad-ss. In Wonderland, so many people had markings on their skin, or bright-colored skin. He had always seemed so normal and plain next to them. Besides, he had a high pain tolerance. He had always planned to get a tattoo, he just never had the opportunity. He had to be careful with permanent changes-the agency might not like the change and you’d get in huge trouble. A tattoo would also make you more easy to identify, so Ava’s often had to be covered with makeup for missions.

“Ivan…” Ava complained. Ivan met her eyes-he had been zoning out. She looked less excited and more annoyed-frustrated he hadn’t yet agreed. “Sorry,” he apologized, scooting closer to her. Her cheeks turned pink and she looked less mad. “I’d love to get a stick and poke.” he told her. Her eyes widened and she grabbed a piece of paper. “I knew you wouldn’t chicken on me.” She said, her confidence returning. She began to sketch on the paper. “I was thinking something sorta simple-maybe even a person? I don’t have anything like that.” Her sketch began to take the form of a woman’s body. Ivan leaned against her shoulder, watching. She was a great artist, although he wasn’t sure about her current idea. “Maybe…” He hesitated before saying, “Something for clay? Or Wonderland…” His voice sounded more emotional-even dreamlike. Ava rolled her eyes. “All you talk about is your family and past. Do you even care about me?” She turned back to her sketch. “Plus, we’re going to be matching, and I don’t want a tattoo of something I have nothing to do with.” Ivan winced at this, but tried to brush it off. He wasn’t supposed to be upset about remarks like this-he was used to receiving and giving comments that weren’t very nice.

“Yeah, it’s stupid,” he agreed, grabbing his own scrap. He took his head off her shoulder so he could sketch easier. He began to doodle-a heart, a spark, a moon… He wasn’t a very good artist, and couldn’t draw anything complicated. Having finished her woman, Ava had started on another sketch-this one was a daisy chain. Ivan turned to his own piece. He wanted to impress Ava with his idea-that would show he was just as serious about this as she was. He tapped his pencil to the paper, thinking. Then, an idea came into his head. He did his best to keep the curve even and the design symmetrical. He hesitated before poking Ava on the shoulder. “How about this?”

It was a simple design-one you could even make using a keyboard. :(:
Ava squinted at it, as if trying to decipher it. “It’s a face.” Ivan turned the paper ninety degrees. The design now resembled a smiley face “:)”. After a few seconds, he rotated it the other way, allowing it to resemble a frowning face “:(”. He wasn’t going to explain it to Ava, but it fit him really well. He could change his outward expression with ease, pretending to be happy and perfect around his peers and the people he was spying on. But on the other side of that was sadness. He missed his family. He hated his life at the agency, and no hook-ups, payments, or experiences could change that. As soon as Ava realized what it was, she smiled prettily. “I love it, Wonderboy!!!” She exclaimed, snatching the paper from his hands and looking at it closer. Ivan frowned at this. “I told you not to call me that.” he muttered darkly. He didn’t appreciate the nickname-which Ava had chosen due to where he used to live.

Most people at the agency didn’t know or care that Ivan was born in Wonderland. But Ava wanted to know everything about Ivan. Now “Wonderboy” was all she called him. At least she had the decency to call him “Ivan” in front of his friends. “Aww, Wonderboy…” she cooed, ignoring how upset he sounded. Her slender eyes sparkled and he tried not to stay mad at her. “My designs were a bit too complicated, anyways. Lunch is ending soon and we don’t have a lot of time.” She ran her fingers through her hair, letting it frame her face. Ivan nodded in response, mesmerized by her hair. “I already got in so much trouble for ditching combat last week.” She rolled her eyes as she picked up the razor.

“Where do you want it?” Ivan thought for a moment. It needed to be somewhere subtle, where no one would see it unless they looked too close when it wasn’t covered. He pulled up the leg of his black jeans, revealing his ankle. “How about here?” Ava nodded, staring at his ankle. “That will work. I don’t have anything there yet.” She brandished her razor, leaning down, close to Ivan’s ankle. “Your ankles aren’t really that hairy.” She noted, making tiny backwards movements. “That isn’t used… is it?” Ivan asked as he watched her. It was hard to see what was going on, Ava’s head was in the way. She didn’t answer this. Ivan wouldn’t be surprised if it was used-Ava’s body was always hairless, and new things were hard to come by.

After she was done, she took the bottle of clear liquid and used it to clean the area. Ivan ran his fingers through his hair, watching her work. “You look good today.” He commented. He couldn’t help noticing how good she looked in her simple outfit-the top clung tight to her flat chest, revealing defined collarbones. Her stomach was a tiny roll above her waistband, and he could see her belly button piercing. She blushed at this, then mock-glared at him. “You’re just saying that.” “I’m not.” Ivan replied defensively and honestly. “Trying to butter me up so you can have a repeat of last week…” She continued, scrubbing harder than necessary. The area was likely clean by then, but she kept her head low to hide her red face. “I mean… that’s not the only reason,” Ivan said, hinting he’d be okay with a repeat. By the way she had brought it up, he knew she’d be okay with it, too.

She didn’t reply, but did lift her head, allowing him to see the remaining pink in her cheeks. After using alcohol to transfer the sketch to his ankle, she stretched, as if her arms were tired. “Okay, this is going to sting…” She warned him as she picked up the needle and bottle of black ink. “But no chickening out.” He nodded. “Don’t worry, it can’t be worse than anything I’ve already been through,” He joked, shifting his foot so she could have easier access. He didn’t wince as the needle pierced his skin, and his foot stayed perfectly still. It surprisingly didn’t hurt very much, although it definitely pinched. He didn’t speak to her-when Ava was focused on something, she hated being distracted or interrupted. For several minutes, neither of them spoke. The only noise was the clinking sound of Ava dipping the needle into the jar when it ran out of ink. Finally, she sat up straight, admiring her work. It looked exactly like the drawing, tiny and pitch-black. “Wow…” Ivan breathed, wanting to reach out and touch it. He was pretty sure he wasn’t allowed to do this, though, so he just stared. “It looks amazing. Thank you, Ava.” His voice was sincere, which made her blush and turn away. “Sappy. It’s no big deal.” After cleaning the area and bandaging it, she put the bloody needle in a small bag full of other needles and picked up a new one from the ground, setting it next to Ivan.

She shifted, revealing her bare, hairless ankle. “Your turn. I want you to do mine.” Ivan raised his eyebrows at this. “What…? We all know you’re the artist here.” He had to admit, he didn’t like the idea of giving her the stick and poke. He didn’t want to hurt her… He knew she was a cunning, cruel agent who had been through pain similar to his. But she was so petite and tiny looking, like just one prick from his needle would break her. Besides, he wouldn’t do as good a job as her, even though the design was simple. He didn’t want her to end up disappointed. “Yeah, I know. But…” She looked up at him, putting her hands in his. “It will be more meaningful if we do each others’. Besides, you aren’t that bad.” He squeezed her hands. Ava wasn’t good at showing affection through her words, this was usually the closest she got. “Okay, fine.” He agreed, picking up the soap bottle. “I’ll do my best.”

He did his best to copy exactly what she had done. When his needle pricked her skin, he thought he heard a light inhale, and looked up at her, concerned. “What?” She asked, glaring at him like nothing had happened. “Nothing,” He replied, going back to her ankle. He traced the design onto her ankle, doing his best to make it symmetrical. When he finished, he smiled slightly. It looked almost identical to his. Ava had been watching like a hawk the entire time, but didn’t say anything. When he pulled away, she smiled. “Well, that doesn’t look half-bad.” She commented, delicately touching the skin next to her ankle. Ivan put his hand on top of hers. “It doesn’t.” He agreed. His eyes were still on the design-he couldn’t help but feel proud of himself. She looked up at him when he put his hand on hers, her expression questioning.

“Ivan…” She breathed as he shifted towards her, his lips inches away from hers. “Lunch is almost over…” He put a finger to her lips. “Almost.” He repeated, letting his brown eyes meet hers. She giggled, looping her arm around his neck. “Okay, okay. I guess you’ve earned it.” She said, then allowed her lips to crash into his.

~

@katabasis I think / hope you might be interested in reading this :pleading_face:

To everyone who reads, thank you so much!!! Feel free to comment and let me know your thoughts :sob:

4 Likes

I’ll read this later!

1 Like

Omg thank you! That means so much with me! Let me know if you do need help with your character ;))

1 Like