Guess the Films!

Ohhh, I know eighty-one now! Roman Polański gave it away. I think it’s going to be Rosemary’s baby? Cause it’s his most well-known horror-esque film. But I may be wrong. He is a polish director, so I know his filmography… I hope I am right…?

1 Like

You are correct. (wink)

1 Like

Hehe, I know my people

1 Like

Ooooh… a guess the people version… (thinking)

1 Like

Yes! I’d love that. I could guess some people with just one clue, Mostly actors - some comedians and directors

1 Like

DAMN! That’s impressive. Alright, will look into that then. Have you checked out the current TV and music ones then? 'cause the tv one just needs some guesses to gain more clues and the music has a real easy last clue.

1 Like

Film seventy-nine: Bad Boys For Life

1. The release of this film coincided with the 25th anniversary of the first film.
  2. One of the actors first announced the film in 2013, in an interview with Conan O’Brien.
  3. The Directors requested to be credited as “Adil & Bilall”, as they had been on two of their previous films. This was only allowed if they would promise to keep making movies as a duo.
  4. Despite both actors receiving top billing, this is the first film in the series where W S is billed first & M L is billed second.
  5. This film came out roughly 17 years after the previous sequel in 2003.

SOLVED!

Film eighty: Sonic the Hedgehog

1. The title character’s sneakers, on close inspection, have a tiny Puma tab. They are based on Women’s Dare Mesh Sneakers made by Puma.
  2. The German release of this movie caused an outcry among fans, when the YouTuber Julien Bam was cast as the dubbing voice of the title character, despite, very audibly, not having any prior voice acting experience.
  3. This was the biggest box office success for Jim Carrey since Bruce All Mighty.

SOLVED!

Film eighty-one: Rosemarys Baby

1. The lead actress actually ate raw liver for a scene in the movie despite being a vegetarian at the time.
  2. The phone booth scene was shot in one continuous, unbroken take.
  3. Tannis root doesn’t exist; Ira Levin made it up for the story.
  4. This film, along with Repulsion (1965) and The Tenant (1976), forms a loose trilogy by Roman Polanski about the horrors of apartment/city dwelling.

SOLVED!

@Gaming

1 Like

bad boys?

1 Like

Full name?

1 Like

Oh um that’d all I have

1 Like

Bad boys for life

1 Like

Oh. Damn. Brooke stole it off ya.

2 Likes

Ah all good

2 Likes

Film eighty-two:

1. The director decided not to have the deleted scenes on the DVD release of the film, because he is embarrassed by them, and doesn’t want them to be seen publicly.
  2. The last word spoken in the film is “hope”, a major theme of the film.

Film eighty-three:

1. Originally, the actors in the flashback scenes wore pants with zippers. One of the musicians pointed out that the zipper had not been invented at that time, so some scenes had to be re-shot with button-fly trousers.
  2. The film takes place in 1901, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1941, 1958, 1959 and 1960.

Film eighty-four:

1. After months of research, all of the seven major characters in the film wound up being based on historical military members.
  2. Filming had to be stopped several times due to a shortage of horses for the final battle sequences.

@Gaming

1 Like

Rogue One?

1 Like

Nah, not this time.

The Shawshank Redemption

1 Like

Film eighty-two: The Shawshank Redemption

1. The director decided not to have the deleted scenes on the DVD release of the film, because he is embarrassed by them, and doesn’t want them to be seen publicly.
  2. The last word spoken in the film is “hope”, a major theme of the film.

SOLVED!

Film eighty-three:

1. Originally, the actors in the flashback scenes wore pants with zippers. One of the musicians pointed out that the zipper had not been invented at that time, so some scenes had to be re-shot with button-fly trousers.
  2. The film takes place in 1901, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1941, 1958, 1959 and 1960.
  3. Lee Strasberg became ill during shooting, but instead of delaying production, Roth’s character was re-written to be an ailing old man.

Film eighty-four:

1. After months of research, all of the seven major characters in the film wound up being based on historical military members.
  2. Filming had to be stopped several times due to a shortage of horses for the final battle sequences.
  3. Toho Studios originally cut 50 minutes off the film when screening it for American distributors for fear that no American audience would be willing to sit through the entire picture.

@ScreenSloths

2 Likes

the last tenant

1 Like

Not this time, no. Sorry.