Guess the Music!

Nice. Well done.

1 Like

Song four: I Walk the Line

1. After three attempts with moderate chart ratings, it became Cash’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts.
  2. The song remained on the record charts for over 43 weeks, and sold over two million copies.

SOLVED!

Song five:

1. It is an American folk song written by Elizabeth Cotten in the early 20th century, and popularised during the American folk revival and British skiffle.
  2. By Cotten’s own account in the 1985 BBC series Down Home, she composed the song as a teenager (sometime between 1906 and 1912), inspired by the sound of the trains rolling in on the tracks near her home in North Carolina.
  3. Ramblin’ Jack Elliott recorded this song in 1957. It is included on the CD, The Lost Topic Tapes: Cowes Harbour 1957.
  4. In 2009, Quarrymen member, Rod Davis, recorded the song and released it on his album Under The Influence.
  5. The song is about a type of locomotive.

Song six: Ms Jackson

1. The song won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards.
  2. In Vibe magazine, a few years after the song was released, André Benjamin recalled creating the song, “It was an acoustic guitar song that I was doing at home. Then I just converted it over into something people could understand a little bit more.”
  3. Lyrically, the song is a love profession to the mother of the narrator’s romantic partner that examines the issues that arise from having a child out of wedlock. In the song, the narrator promises to support his child regardless of what happens.
  4. This song can be found on the album, Stankonic

SOLVED!

@Music

1 Like

Cadillac is one thousand percent the answer /s

1 Like

Uh… HAHAHA? It’s not. Think of much older song.

1 Like

Something about a train… Midnight Train to Georgia?

1 Like

Not this train one either.

Song four: I Walk the Line

1. After three attempts with moderate chart ratings, it became Cash’s first #1 hit on the Billboard charts.
  2. The song remained on the record charts for over 43 weeks, and sold over two million copies.

SOLVED!

Song five: Freight Train

1. It is an American folk song written by Elizabeth Cotten in the early 20th century, and popularised during the American folk revival and British skiffle.
  2. By Cotten’s own account in the 1985 BBC series Down Home, she composed the song as a teenager (sometime between 1906 and 1912), inspired by the sound of the trains rolling in on the tracks near her home in North Carolina.
  3. Ramblin’ Jack Elliott recorded this song in 1957. It is included on the CD, The Lost Topic Tapes: Cowes Harbour 1957.
  4. In 2009, Quarrymen member, Rod Davis, recorded the song and released it on his album Under The Influence.
  5. The song is about a type of locomotive.
  6. The first line of the song goes “(song title), (song title), run so fast”

SOLVED!

Song six: Ms Jackson

1. The song won the Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group at the 44th Annual Grammy Awards.
  2. In Vibe magazine, a few years after the song was released, André Benjamin recalled creating the song, “It was an acoustic guitar song that I was doing at home. Then I just converted it over into something people could understand a little bit more.”
  3. Lyrically, the song is a love profession to the mother of the narrator’s romantic partner that examines the issues that arise from having a child out of wedlock. In the song, the narrator promises to support his child regardless of what happens.
  4. This song can be found on the album, Stankonic

SOLVED!

@Music

1 Like

Song five is Steam train?

1 Like

Close-ish, I guess.

Choo Choo Train?

1 Like

freight train?

1 Like

Ms. Jackson?

1 Like

Not the one, sorry.

You got it. (wink)

Yeah, but it was already guessed on the previous post.

2 Likes

After 30 different Music answers, we have one user in the lead…
laurenmusic

Commenters on this thread:

@astxrism, @benitz786, @bpalmer, @Caticorn, @liyahsdiamond, @anon68003072, @elixr, @Jass, @Kristi, @laurenmusic, @Littlefeets, @LunaticLeviTheSecond, @Meekepeek, @Megan, @Ouijaloveletters, @lollipoplady, @Rose, @Skyler2, @sunflower.flow, @unsungcheerio, @WolfGamerGirl37

2 Likes

Group seven:

1. They are a R&B/electronica/hip hop duo consisting of an American rapper and a Dutch record producer.
  2. The pair initially made contact via message boards on Okayplayer,com and soon began recording and exchanging music.

Group eight:

1. The group debuted in August 2016 with their single album Square One.
  2. They were recognised as one of the ten “2020 Visionary” figures.

Group nine: Lady A

1. The group made its debut in 2007.
  2. The band abbreviated their name in June 2020, during the George Floyd protests, in an attempt to blunt the name’s associations with slavery.

SOLVED!

@Music

1 Like

Group nine is Lady A? (Antebellum)

1 Like

Nice. Well done.

1 Like

Damn, I’m on a roll.

1 Like

Is group 8 Blackpink?

1 Like

Yes. That’s the one. (wink)