Has your opinion on art changed over the years?

Hello artists and non-artists! :white_heart:

Throughout the years, did your opinion on art change?

Back when I was younger, I thought art was easy and simple. Anyone could become an artist. Many years later, I realised that’s not true. Being an artist is hard. Creating a piece of artwork takes time, effort and dedication. This made me appreciate art even more, and I respect each and every artist. Art isn’t easy.

So everyone, what’s your opinion on art? Is it different from what it is now?

6 Likes

I used to think it was an easy thing to learn :no_mouth:

I didn’t realize it took so much effort :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah lol

4 Likes

I used to think it was super easy! I mean, you just pick up a pencil and start moving it around, right?

Wrong. Absolutely wrong :joy:

5 Likes

Yes, it has changed quite a bit. As everyone else said I thought making art was easy when I was younger. But also my taste in art changed a lot, like what I like, I used to like very realistic looking things when I was younger but I started to appreciate creativity more and more. So, did your taste in art change over the years?

5 Likes

I like realistic but glammed styles, like the kind of thing that many people on episode forums do, where lots of add layers are used. Some of it takes my breath away

4 Likes

I would say my opinion definitely has! I never thought it was easy but I guess I never understood how hard it actually was.

Also, when I started out every art piece was amazing to me even my own (:grimacing:) But now I’m more critical of the art I see, because I’m more experienced and know more.

5 Likes

I used to really like to put a lot of things into one drawing but now I am more of a minimalist (or maybe I just became more lazy :no_mouth::green_heart::joy::eyes::sparkles:)
I also used to prefer realistic style but now I prefer cartoonish styles although I’m still trying to find my own style :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It definitely has changed! I alway thought it was easy to do something artsy but it’s not at all. Going to the Academy of art helped change my opinion for the better too. I learn a lot about history of art and every famous painter so you also learn how to appreciate everything they made.
Honestly, art is something I always loved. I remember when I went to Paris at 14, I was most excited about visiting the Louvre. I guess one of my biggest wishes is to visit as many galleries and museums as possible.

2 Likes

My opinion on art has changed in a different way to most of you who have commented, or I guess it depends on what we’re talking about.

I used to think that an artist had to be good at drawing realistically and I didn’t like abstract art or too messy/childish styles. Different styles have kind of grown on me though and I’m starting to appreciate the art piece as a whole. Composition, colors, emotions etc. and not just the motif.

I never thought that art was easy, because if you didn’t know how to draw realistically, clean and detailed, I didn’t think you were that good at art. (Hence, I don’t think my art is good lol.) Probably got this idea from my strict Polish art teacher who praised the students who knew how to draw realistically.

Now I think that everyone who wants to be an artist can be one as long as they put in some thought and effort. Making a living off of it is another question.

5 Likes

I also thought that you had to be born with artistic skills to become an artist xP

2 Likes

Ooo interesting :0
I was taught about different art styles and famous artists’ work pretty early so I never had a thought like this :thinking:
Although personally I didn’t like most of their ways of art qwq

2 Likes

Hehe… :see_no_evil: I think it’s still kind of stuck in the back of my mind. I sometimes hear people complimenting work that I just don’t think is that good lol. (Can’t praise wholeheartedly.)

I guess they exposed us to different styles and some of the the most famous artists’ work… But it wasn’t a big thing and drawing realistically was always the thing. I don’t know :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Oh this too! I’m glad that I don’t think so anymore :wink:

2 Likes

Yes…

1 Like

How?

I used tolike traditional art more, but not it’s the complete opposite. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh okay! :wink:

I don’t have a preference :scream:

1 Like

I think the biggest change in my opinion on art was that there’s some kind of artistic talent that just determines how good you are. Practice will always help to me your work better and if you work hard you can make drastic improvements in your own art.

I used to think abstract art was weird and I really didn’t like it, but that has changed a lot! And in general I’ve learned to appreciate art a lot more than I did when I was a child