Have You Ever Tried Veganism? šŸŒ±

Moved to the food category

2 Likes

Thanks! :dizzy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m not vegan and Iā€™ve never tried it. I also donā€™t consider going vegan unless itā€™s because of a health condition. I did consider going vegetarian for some time but never really did. I just think that the body knows what it needs and if I really really REALLY want to eat cheese now, there are probably any nutrients in it that my body needs now and thatā€™s why I want it.
Additionally, there are many dishes that I just donā€™t want to give up on. And I see some negatives sides of veganism because the world isnā€™t made for us to just live a plant based life.

2 Likes

I kind of disagree with the quoted part. Humans can survive on a 100% plant based diet and have done it before we learned how to hunt. Weā€™re not carnivores and barely omnivores. Look at our teeth, our ā€œfangsā€ are almost nonexistent. :laughing:

Iā€™m temped to invite my vegan friends, that would start a really interesting conversation. I actually donā€™t know much about this. But I remember that my friend argued with my biology teacher about humans being omnivores or not.

3 Likes

Our intestinal tract isnā€™t the one of a herbivore :woman_shrugging: Weā€™re nothing if you see it from that perspective of what we have in common with others

But thatā€™s not what I meant. I meant that suddenly all humans decided to go vegan, we wouldnā€™t need animals anymore. So we wouldnā€™t try to keep different species alive, only the ones we like to keep at pets. Who would get cows if you have to throw away the milk they give? Weā€™d grow crops everywhere and cows would be wildlife animals that slowly get extinct

2 Likes

Yes, our intestinal tract canā€™t take care of celluloseā€¦ I wonā€™t argue with that. But Iā€™m really interested in what arguments my friend had when debating with our biology teacher.

Most of the crops we grow right now is for fodder. A lot of resources is needed to grow all the food an animal eat until it is slaughtered. If humans ate plants and not meat we actually wouldnā€™t need to grow as much crops because less of the nutrients will go to waste in the food chain. So there would be more room for animals to roam.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not like weā€™re doing the species we breed to give us as much meat as possible, almost unable to move on their own, a favor. I know thatā€™s not the case for all cattle. But weā€™re really not trying to preserve diversity by keeping cattle. Weā€™re doing the opposite because wild species with small populations go extinct every day while we breed even more cows, where the cows are inseminated by the sperms from a few selected ox. That is not keeping different species alive.

2 Likes

Not vegan
Bu I tried it once

1 Like

Oh okay. Thatā€™s more than Iā€™ve done at least. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I could never be vegan. Just the thought of even trying to go vegan is terrible. Iā€™d be more likely to starve first, because thereā€™s not much Iā€™d eat. Vegetarian would also be near impossible for me. I like to eat meat too much. Thereā€™s honestly nothing in the world that could ever convince me to change into a vegetarian, let alone vegan.

I wanted to try it but I think I wouldnā€™t be able to stick to it. I donā€™t like meat, it doesnā€™t taste good to me so thatā€™s a plus but I hate vegetables so I donā€™t know how that would work.
Only things I eat are eggs and dairy so I canā€™t give that up. I basically only like that haha

2 Likes

I would never
ever ever
ever ever ever
be a vegan lmao

Like I couldnā€™t even be a vegetarian there is no way in hell I could be a vegan :joy:

Iā€™m just one of the girls who really really really enjoy meat, itā€™s kinda ridiculous how much I love meat actually. Especially goat, we donā€™t have it often, but when we do I just :drooling_face:
I mean, I used to encourage my family to go to the freaking rib fest man like

I love meat in almost every way. Do I like animal cruelty? No, but I would starve if I went vegan. And not being able to drink normal milk :cry: I hate milk substitutes too

Iā€™m honestly very animal product oriented hahaaa oops

I do recycle tho! And reuse things! And donate to charity! Iā€™m not that bad of a person I swear :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity