Help Thread: Creating LGBTQ+ Characters

Okay definitely thinking of the wrong author because someone did it >~< my bad, thanks for correcting me

2 Likes

Are Muslims not supposed to celebrate Halloween? o.o

because everyone used to dress up for it here but weā€™re kind of an ā€œinternationalā€ community

2 Likes

We donā€™t celebrate commercialized holidays.

3 Likes

Some Muslim kids might do Not a lot do but still but thatā€™s an exception. Theyā€™re kids. :girl:t4:

2 Likes

Ohhh I see.
It could be because weā€™re an international school then? I used to go trick-or-treating with my friends and some of them would decorate their house for Halloween. Thanks for letting me know though, I couldā€™ve made that mistake with a character.

5 Likes

Itā€™s definitely not ideal for sure. Although I feel like respecting the community is a lot closer to accepting trans and intersex people and embracing them in our way of life than a lot of other countries

4 Likes

To be fair, as far as I know, Nation of Islam has quite a few more rules than other denominations of Islam. Maybe the Halloween is one of them?

5 Likes
I don't want to be off topic

Maybe but I have never really seen other Muslims celebrate Halloween outside of my denomination. :woman_shrugging:t4: Some have like I said but not a large amount. And Iā€™m pretty sure because of itā€™s origin, Muslims from other denominations wonā€™t really partake. We really just celebrate Islamic holidays.

3 Likes

Oh ho boy yā€™all the second I have time and consistent service yā€™all better fear the essay and all the resources on gender Iā€™m gonna give

6 Likes

I think it depends personally! Like most of the Muslims around me celebrate Halloween. They, like most people tbh, donā€™t really see it as a religious holiday. Itā€™s not really! Not anymore. So it just becomes a fun day like April Fools

5 Likes

Oh boy. Once I have time, prepare for a lesson on the LGBTQ+ community and people of color. Prepare.

5 Likes

Breath bated :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Awesome! Are you part of the LGBTQ+ community? :grin:

5 Likes

Yes, heā€™sā€” umm, well I donā€™t exactly know whether to share it or not. But he is a part of it.

5 Likes

Also, I know I added the pronouns (which I hope is a good idea), but if anyone has any more ways I can make the forums more LGBTQ friendly, Iā€™d love to hear them! Iā€™m bi, but I suffer from whatā€™s known as ā€œcompulsory heterosexualityā€ and I donā€™t know as much about trans issues as Iā€™d like, so Iā€™m always willing to learn!

6 Likes

Yep! Iā€™m trans, bi/pan romantic, and probably ace? Still not sure on that one

5 Likes

A massive thing was accidentally deleted so time to remake that in a google doc, itā€™s not the thing above as that originally was the thing when I accidentally posted it but I then edited it to say oof after copying it

Edit: wAIT NO GOT THE ORIGINAL BACK

2 Likes

Do you want me to revert it to the original? :blush:

2 Likes
Summary

Yup, same here. I guess it depends on their individual beliefs because they even celebrate Christmas here, not as a Christian holiday but as a time for family and the christmas-y stuff but our school banned us from doing so in school?

Oh whoops off topicā€¦ But yeah, Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve said this but Iā€™d like to see some LGBTQ+ characters who are associated with a religion >~<

5 Likes

Iā€™d like to see more stories about aces. Can you recommend some for me, please?

3 Likes