How important is art to you in a video game?

I really like video games that have art that looks good, since it just enhances my overall experience with the game.

• How important is art to you in a video game?
  • Have you ever chosen to play a video game solely because of its art?
  • Does having art you dislike ruin your gaming experience?
  • What kind of art do you like in your video games? Pixel art? Smooth 3d models?
4 Likes

I don’t like the art if the it’s grainy or too busy

Hogwarts Mystery has really good graphics

1 Like

Very important. It’s what I’ll be starting at for the next days or weeks, so it has to be good, otherwise I’ll quit the game if it doesn’t have a really good storyline :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

I’ll actually tag @Artists here
I’m curious as to what you guys think

3 Likes

I don’t really play games but it’s the most important thing for me. If I don’t like how everything looks there is a high chance I won’t play it :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It’s important to me about the graphics that are used in video games. This is another reason why I do not like minecraft or any other pixelated looking games. It has to have really good graphic in order for me to play.

I’ll post screens from two games I’ve been playing yesterday:

Make what you will of it :joy:

1 Like

Art does matter for me when i play a video game :cowboy_hat_face:
I’ll quit playing it if i dont like the art style :star_struck: :gun: but if the gameplay or storyline is really good then i will continue playing the gamee :sparkles::lips::sparkles:

I mean… one of my favorite games is Minecraft.

1 Like

Art matters a lot to me in a game. If it doesn’t look appealing, I’m less inclined to keep playing. If I’m going to stare at my screen for hours playing something, it better look nice :weary:

1 Like

How important is art to you in a video game?

Honestly, graphics and art is very important to me in games but depending on the genre, it’s not enough to make up for bad gameplay.

Have you ever chosen to play a video game solely because of its art?

Yes. I’ve tried many mmos based on the art/graphics alone but I would often end up quitting if the gameplay was not decent enough to hook me. I appreciate good aesthetics but they’re only a small part of creating a good game experience.

Does having art you dislike ruin your gaming experience?

Sometimes. I’ve played games with graphics that aren’t my style and still enjoyed them. With visual novels it’s really important to me because that’s part of the story experience so if the storyline is meh and the art isn’t for me, I won’t be able to continue it. I’m a bit more lax with mmos, especially older ones with outdated graphics/art styles because sometimes it’s nostalgic or the gameplay and community is good enough to make me overlook that.

What kind of art do you like in your video games? Pixel art? Smooth 3d models?

I enjoy various art styles but I think I lean towards two distinct ones. With rpgs or even some mmos, I love the 8-bit style, it’s just so cute. (I’m talking about games like To The Moon, Witchbrook, Stardew Valley etc.) With visual novels and mmos I lean more towards the anime art-style. (TERA really drew me in with their graphics and so did DragonRaja on mobile. I’m also really looking forward to Blue Protocal, the graphics looks amazing).

4 Likes

Sally Face graphics.

Closed due to inactivity