How To Guide: Creating Arab Characters

This is because the Arabs went to Mexico and conquered/colonized them and intermarried at times. That’s why one of my friends looks Latina but is in fact Arab.

2 Likes

Yep, that is exactly why. I remember going to a dermatologist appointment and the person at the front desk started speaking to my mom in Spanish, and my mom kindly said that she didn’t speak spanish. And a man from Puerto Rico who worked there talked to my mom about how she looked Latina/Spanish and about how it’s probably because of colonization.

3 Likes

Bump! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Why? :eyes:

What would be important in portraying a secular Arab?

Well, some Arabs think animals are unclean and haram (not good) to have in a house. Since Arabic culture and religion ties in a lot, secular Arabs (non-Christian and Muslim) are uncommon, not rare, but uncommon if talked about in the Middle East.

Say, for example, you’re writing a character in the U.S. Unless they are an older character, they are more suspectible to changing their morals, and probably more likely to own a pet. It all depends on what influences your character. These are (environments, media, people, e.t.c)

However, since religion ties in, we are not allowed as Arab Muslims to treat animals wrongly, as they are a creation of Allah (God), as long as we are not in danger.

4 Likes

can you give some information about arab bedouin?

I need to come back to this thread for when I work my character Abiha in my fantasy story. I’m going to bookmark now.

1 Like

@Writers This is a super helpful thread with lots of information. Come check it out!

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity