How to revive an RP

Rp’s die. it’s sad but it happens at some point. Some die faster than others, and some are just cut short because of various reasons.
What’s important when it happens, is that you see why the rp is dying.

Some reasons the rp can be dying are:

• the players are busy with life
  • the host loses interest
  • the interaction isn’t high.

When it happens it can be both frustrating for the host and the players who want to continue.

Here are some personal tips I picked up along the way:
For the host:

• Make sure the players stay motivated. if you don’t show energy, the rp itself will lose it’s energy as well.
  • Be prepared to keep the players on their toes; whenever you notice the energy drops, try to have some little events ready for when the energy drops. Think about: a party, an attack, a natural disaster, etc. anything from something small to something big.
  • Ask opinions from your players, they know best what keeps them going or not.

For the players:
I feel like it’s important to know what players can do as well to help the host.

• Be active yourself. An rp is as active as its players after all.
  • Help the host, if you give suggestions, I’m sure the host will be willing to think with you and together you can plan something that could work in reviving the rp.

@RPers - any other tips you know on reviving an rp?
Or might want to share what keeps you going or for example, stop playing in an rp?

11 Likes

bookmarking~
this could help!

2 Likes

ooh that’s a good one!

1 Like

oh i didn’t mean that as a tip but sure :sweat_smile: XD

i meant i was bookmarking for the future for future reference…ohhhh I see what you mean XD

2 Likes

oh haha but still :rofl:
still I use them for reminders a lot.

1 Like

and it could also help the host remind peeps to make their characters! Of course the person would have to make the bookmark themselves…but it could help!

Awesome. This is great!

2 Likes