I have an interesting question

For my Psychology class, I have to write to an advice column pretending I have a mental disorder. I want to do Cotards delusion, which is where the person believes they are dead, rotting or just don’t exist. How exactly do I do that? Another idea is Capgras delusion, where the person believes someone close to them is an imposter.
@HomeworkHelp

2 Likes

I don’t know anything about those, but maybe there are research papers about that online? :eyes: Also, research, research, reseach, and use your RP skills to portray it almost accurately :))

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m doing research. I’m just not sure how the person is supposed to ask for help if they think they don’t exist. Maybe I could have them say they’re typing with their nose because their arm fell off. For Capgras, I was going to say they were typing while hiding in a closet.

1 Like

Moved to School and added the discussion tag

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ha.

1 Like

@raviola, a mental disorder other than the one I have. :joy:

1 Like

sksksksks

1 Like

For Cotards, you could go about saying their ears are dead or their eyes are dead. If you want to go their hands then I would suggest that they would be using their toes instead of the nose. You can go into details about how they had to learn to use their toes for typing.

For Capgras, you could use the closet idea. Also, you could go over the person is in the house freaking out because someone is texting them like they know them. The person could be hiding in their house which has prompted family members to come check on them which of who they don’t recognize them at all.

Cotard’s Research

Capgras Research

1 Like

Dear Amy,

I am currently typing this with my toes, because my arms are too rotted to type. This began several months ago, after I was in a car accident from which I didn’t survive. All the doctors said I was fine, save a couple broken bones, but I disagree. I know I died in that accident. The doctors tried to give me medication for pain, but I told them there was no point. My brain was dead, therefore I didn’t feel any pain. They also tried to get me to eat and drink, but I refused, due to the fact that my stomach had rotted. The doctors started to get really worried, and I didn’t know why. I’m dead. It’s as simple as that. I have no clue how I’m talking, breathing and typing with no brain, but I really don’t care. I’m slowly rotting, and that’s all there is to it. Oh, another thing. The smell is unbearable. Others ask what I’m talking about, but I don’t know how they can’t smell it. I smell like roadkill, and I have no clue how no one else smells it. It’s everywhere. Even worse, no one will listen to me when I ask them to take me to the morgue. Since I can’t drive, I’ve taken to walking to the cemetery a couple miles from my house and sitting under a tree near a cluster of headstones. I need your advice. How can I explain to people that I’m no longer alive?

Sincerely,

Confused Corpse

What do you guys think?

Added tags :blossom:

wowo

I’m still so proud of this.

Closed due to inactivity