I gave it a thought and I was like oh sh*t these didn’t count :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Followed by one stressed? :thinking:

Should . be there orrrr?

2 Likes

Another . :innocent:

2 Likes

Do you mean “full” instead of “fill”?

Pretty sure you’d say “So, I’ve set up” rather than “So, I set up”.

1 Like

Should it say “them”? :thinking:

“Think about your areas of expertise”
https://shanniiwrites.com/information/how-to-write-blog-posts-well-for-the-website/

2 Likes

Pretty sure that this should say “not on your side” in this case, because it talked about a case in which multiple people have the same error :eyes:
(Step 3 at the end)

4 Likes

Or maybe I’m misreading it :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

The other typos from the new thread :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

2 Likes

*His mother

*to save
2 Likes

Huh-

1 Like

Always “memorise” never “memorize” etc!

1 Like

Oh I didn’t know that that was different in British English. Lol sorry.

1 Like

There are a few things that change! Americans end way too many verbs in “ize” for some reason. Like to burgle someone because “to burglarize”, which we would never use in the UK. Stuff like that!

Oh and Americans took the U out of a bunch of words like “colour”, “savour”, “saviour” and “flavour”. They say it’s because the U is useless, but they keep it in “four” and “tour”

1 Like

Tbh it would be impractical to have two different meanings for “for” :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

I mean to me it makes sense to why they decided to.

That’s to differentiate the word “for” and “four” for means dedicated to something while “four” is a number. I think those words that have the letter “u” after “o” in it still in American English might just have a similar word to it but need a way to spell it differently if that makes sense.

We have plenty of homonyms in the English language that are spelt the same. Like “bark” (dog noise and part of a tree) or “book” (a thing you read and the thing you do when you reserve an appointment), or “pen” (a thing you write with and an enclosure for animals). Plus, no one uses the word “tor” anyway. It’s completely arbitrary.

1 Like

You could easily have “bark” and “barc” or “book” and “buk”

1 Like

Tor is a real English word? :exploding_head:
I only know that it’s a German word :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

That just looks wrong to me for some reason :eyes::eyes:
And if the word is pronounced the same, it could just lead to the same issue as Weiss and Weiß in German :eyes::eyes:

1 Like