Let’s talk about Colorism In the black community! [Rant]

Bump!

1 Like

colorism is the daughter of racism

3 Likes

Wow I never thought of that. Strange how people from backgrounds such as Asian, African, Caribbean and Latin American usually preach about racism yet become racist towards each other over skin tone.

I had relatives telling me that I shouldn’t wear this type of clothing because it doesn’t go with my skin tone. I’m like “P**s off, mate! No one asked you!” That’s like telling me that I shouldn’t shop at Hollisters because it’s for “skinny” people.

3 Likes

Idiots.

People who be preaching against racism but if you’re too dark they will insult you are idiots. (No matter black, Asian, native America, Latin American etc) you’re an idiot and racist as colorism is the daughter of racism

3 Likes

It’s ridiculous!!!

I’ve heard it all from the South Asian community. They really do not like it when someone is tanned.

Don’t forget products like Fair & Lovely are dangerous for your skin. It won’t keep you fair at all!

3 Likes

It’s very racist how they are saying being fair (close to white as possible) is lovely.

British ruled over south asian countries with an iron grip so I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Exactly!! These products don’t make you “fair”. I don’t know if that is used in other communities but I’m not sure if it’s banned in South Asian countries. We probably don’t have it here in the UK I guess, we don’t really bother with that stuff.

Remember that meme from Family guy with the colour chart? I found that strange.

2 Likes

Lol, for me it was about how police see you. If you’re like close to white as possible then you’re good but if you are dark or brown then nah-

2 Likes

Yeah, that unusual colour chart they had for that episode. So weird!

Like it’s strange how we call people “white” when it’s a shade. Most of the Europeans are pretty pale but you can get tanned Europeans like Mediterranean.

2 Likes

yh

1 Like

1 Like

EXACTLY

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity