People claiming that their gender is Autism

I don’t rlly feel comfortable with the second part, but the first part seems reasonable enough

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand it at all.

2 Likes

I’m not an Autigirl, I’m a girl.

3 Likes

Well that confuses me. How can autism be your gender? I heard that Autistic people have more of a chance of having gender confusion and dysphoria (correct me if I am wrong) but it being your gender? That makes no sense and sounds like BS.

2 Likes

You are correct.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if these people are high or just confused about their gender (gender is very confusing) but I’m pretty sure autism isn’t a gender.

1 Like

yea, I don’t like/feel comfortable with people calling autism a gender
I don’t go around calling dyslexia or adhd a gender, so we shouldn’t do the same with autism. The origin of the gender - that autigender is an adgective like trans or cis, to describe an autistic person’s relationship with gender - it’s fairly innocent, AS LONG AS you don’t bl00dy push it on every single autistic person or something weird like that

Yup!
After looking through those sites, I think as long as they aren’t calling their gender ‘autism’ or forcing it on anyone, then it’s alright. What I mean by that is - you can use autigender as an adjective if you are an autistic person, otherwise it’s just rude and insensitive

yee
I made a post showing a more in depth explanation with a bunch of links if you’d like to look at that
And yes, I personally have a very complex relationship with gender, most likely because I am autistic lol, but that doesn’t make me autigender or whatever

5 Likes

you’re completely right

2 Likes

They say that autigender is all about gender being influenced by your autism, which makes no sense at all to me.

Really?

2 Likes

Just makes me feel awkward. I’m going to get my friend’s fiancé’s opinion.

2 Likes

yeah we do, actually!

since gender is a social and sociological construct (there’s more but this is the important part for this discussion)
and autistic people can have a hard time with social rules and that stuff
it only makes sense that we can have a hard time with it

4 Likes

I think there’s statistics somewhere, but yes, according to them, a much higher percentage of autistic people are lgbtq+ compared to neurotypicals

4 Likes

Yeah. Pansexual here, lol.

1 Like

yis :relieved:
Queer, ace, poly and enby lol

4 Likes

why are you me but younger kdsbcd /j /lh

2 Likes

Wow! I’m glad you could figure all that out. It was hard enough figuring out I was Pan.

2 Likes

I’m kinda confuseed

1 Like

yeppity. im somewhere between female and genderfluid, and my sexuality is just on a whole other plane of existence lol

1 Like

…What now? How can they-
I mean, it’s not a sexuality!

3 Likes

No clue.

2 Likes