Prompt Eighteen Official SG

The Third Group

Xavier turned defiantly to Ardyn. “Who do you think would make the best leader of the group?”

Arydn pondered this question for a moment or two before responding, their tone devoid of criticism, “Unlike you, young Xavier, I don’t think I could lead us well. Too young and inexperienced, is I.” They paused to think on their words. “Tensions between you and Alyce are often high, and I guess that Sammael, much like myself, prefers not to take on a leadership role. Therefore, I do believe that Sarah would make the best leader of the group.”
Upon hearing her name mentioned, Sarah’s eyes widened in surprise. She tilted her head to the side, studying Ardyn with a playful glint in her eyes. “Me?” Sarah’s voice was laced with mock astonishment, her tone teasing. “Well, well, well, looks like I’ve been nominated for captain of this ragtag crew.”
Ardyn chuckled, recognising her playful demeanour. “Absolutely, Sarah. You’ve got the charisma, wit, and resilience needed to lead this group.”
Sarah’s grin widened at Ardyn’s words. “Well then, I accept the nomination with grace and charm,” she declared theatrically. “Although I will admit that, despite appreciating the nomination, I think that leading is really more your style, Ardyn.”
“Thank you,” Ardyn replied, their tone filled with sincerity. “I’m flattered by your confidence in me, but I believe that you possess those qualities, not I.”

After hearing them nominate each other and not him, Xavier’s attention turned to Alyce, who looked to be silently contemplating. “Alyce, what about you?”, Xavier prompted, his tone tinged with impatience.
Alyce looked at her sibling, startled after being pulled from her thoughts. “Well, if we’re nominating,” she began, her voice steady, “I’d say Sammael would make a fine leader. They’re patient, level-headed, and have a knack for navigating through tough situations.”
Sammael’s eyes widened in surprise at Alyce’s nomination. “Me? But I’m just a map-maker…”
“Exactly, and?”, Alyce replied.
Sammael smiled bashfully. “Thank you, as kind the nomination is, I would much rather anyone else be it than me. Perhaps Ardyn would be a good choice.”

Xavier, ever the contrarian, crossed his arms defiantly. “Well, if we’re throwing everyone’s f**king names around, I might as well nominate myself.”
Alyce shot Xavier a sceptical look, her patience wearing thin. “Xavier, leadership isn’t just about a desire for the job; it’s about humility, empathy, and the ability to put the group’s needs above your own.”
Xavier bared their teeth at Alyce’s response, but before he could retort, Ardyn spoke up in a calming and diplomatic tone, “While it’s important to consider all perspectives, perhaps we should focus on supporting the nominees rather than debating our own qualifications.”
“Yes, I do agree,” Sammael piped up, looking amongst the group. “Seeing we’ve each cast our nominations, I count that Ardyn won the majority with double the votes. Will you accept?”
“Well, I… I’m honoured,” Ardyn begins, their voice gaining strength with each word. “Thank you all for your vote of confidence. I guess I haven’t any option-.”
“You could let me be the leader instead,” Xavier interrupted bitterly.
No one paid him any attention.
“You’ve got this,” Sarah told Ardyn, patting them on the back. Then with a playful wink, she adds, “Just remember, if you ever need a hand or a witty remark to lighten the mood, I’ve got your back.”

After a few more moments, while Ardyn thanked Sarah and the two talked, Alyce looked all around her before asking Ardyn, “So, Ardyn, now that you’re our esteemed leader, what’s the plan? Where do you think we should go from here?”

Do you think the group nominated a good for the leader?
  • Yes
  • No
  • We will see
0 voters
What do you think Ardyn will suggest to do as the leader?
  • Head North
  • Head East
  • Head South
  • Head West
  • Look at Sammael’s map
  • Ask Sammael what they think
  • Ask the group what they think
0 voters

This needed for this group:

• An FC for Alyce
  • A gender and pronouns for Ardyn
  • A FC for Ardyn