Pub Quiz (29/5/21)

I just know I got the years wrong … I tried to remember far back and couldn’t recall it … also the fact that I only studied Shakespeare in like the first grade of high school and never before or again is what messed me up with the quotes … I’ve never even read a play by him, just seen 2 movies and that’s it

1 Like

I’ve read most of his plays not the original ones except merchant of Venice, Macbeth and tempest

2 Likes

lucky you … I would’ve read them but I’m not smart enough to get them … I can only be amazed when somebody is explaining all the ways Shakespeare was clever and how amazing every line is … but figuring it out for myself was never possible so I never read one of his books knowing I would find it boring and I know it’s not boring but amazign I just can’t see the amazing … you understand?

2 Likes

Alright, here are the answers, @PubQuiz

Question 1:

What age would William Shakespeare be if alive today?
457 years old

Question 2:

Who was William Shakespeare’s wife?
Anne Hathaway

Question 3:

Which kind of play is “Romeo and Juliet”?
Tragedy

Question 4:

William Shakespeare mainly wrote which kind of poem?
Sonnet

Question 5:

How many of kinds of poems did Shakespeare write in total during his career?

Question 6:

Which of his following works is not a comedy?
Antony and Cleopatra

Question 7:

The tragedy “Hamlet” is set in the Kronborg Castle in which country?
Denmark

Question 8:

In “Romeo and Juliet”, how old is Juliet?

Question 9:

Benedick is a character in which play by William Shakespeare?
Much Ado About Nothing

Question 10:

Which of the following lines was not written by William Shakespeare?
“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” comes from the 1697 tragedy, The Mourning Bride, by the English playwright William Congreve

Question 11:

From which play is this quote? - “Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.”
Julius Caesar

Question 12:

From which play is this quote? - “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.”
Twelfth Night

Question 13:

From which play is this quote? - “All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players.”
As You Like It

And the winner of the quiz is… @Ana

@Ana 13
@LunaticLeviTheSecond 9
@astxrism 7
@Bexs 7
@unsungcheerio 7
@Ouijaloveletters 5
@Littlefeets 3
@Caticorn 2
@Skyler2 2

6 Likes

Ohh yeah it wasn’t my choice cause i havw to read bc it was in my high-school course and this year I’m having full the tempest
Can say some are really amazing bur understanding the language is a bit of hard work lol

2 Likes

I actually did ok. Wow.

3 Likes

NO I SAID THIRTEEN AND I CHANGED IT
AHHHH

2 Likes

Yeah me too … I even guess a quote :slight_smile: I can’t believe I was the only one to mess the year up … :frowning:

2 Likes

I would have. I suck ay math. I knew Denmark. That’s about it.

2 Likes

Yeah and on the 13th I put “As you like it” and changed it because I remebered the only thing I knew about it, the fact that it takes place in a forest so I change it to the comedy one cause it sounds more like a play where a stage would be used as a metaphore for life … ugh

2 Likes

I meant for Juliet’s age >~< I originally put 13 and changed it to 15 because I read a scene from a play and it said Juliet was 15. Of course it was a spoof play but still

2 Likes

I know what you meant, i just said I also did this with the last question

1 Like

i only read like 3 shakespeare plays and saw an abridged version of all of them :cry: (i cant find the one with the tear but a smile)

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity and as the results have been announced