🔮 Realms of Westeria 🧬 || Official Thread

Amaranthae chuckled and with a little flourish of her hand, “Position of Authority it is.” She thought for a moment. “The most ambitious always choose that but you, dear, you’re different. I like that.” “What do you want then? I wouldn’t know what you hold in your collection.” Amaranthae glimpsed into this woman’s future and with a twinkle in her eye she smiled, “Let’s just call it a U-O-Me, otherwise known as a favor. Because one day, I’m going to come to collect, one day you’ll have something I want.” With a flick of her wrist a contract parchment appeared along with a quill that matched her red dress. “So, do we have a deal?”

Contract

@FuzilladeBlue ~ Nova

6 Likes

Peter Shanks
Namina Gardens

‘That’s it? That’s all you could find?’ Peter paced along the white tiles of the balcony that stood several meters above the Namina Gardens. Disconsolate noises came from the will-o’-the-wisp that was chanting repeated words in his ear, and he shook his head. ‘I went through hell to retrieve that piece of cloth, you know,’ he continued with a dramatic sigh. ‘Fending off hypogens, trolls, dwarves, dragons… no , hypogens do exis- oh, I’d be happy to show you. I’ll cut one up into long pieces and shove them up your where the sun doesn’t shine .’

Peter hopped and flopped down onto the barrier, his boots balanced over the edge. The voice emitted by the will-o’-the-wisp was still wittering away, something about payment, but Peter ignored it. He focused on the scene below him -was that someone starting a fire over there, or was he imagining it? He looked out into the brilliant explosion of colourful lights as the people below threw glowing petals into the air. ‘I’ll drop by later,’ Peter coaxed. ‘Pleasure doing business with you.’

There was a “swoosh” sound as the will-o’-the-wisp vanished. Peter scanned the crowd again, glancing at the other cadets. This was the military, and yet they all looked a lot more majestic than the people from his hometown. There was something about them that promised decades of prosperity for Lakora. He smiled.

Approachable

Margaux Hawthorne
Torkken Fortress

Margaux was leaning against the counter of the concession stand, her shoulders moving slightly to the rhythm of the music, as she enjoyed the aftertaste of sweetened syrup on her tongue. She was cleaning the lipstick off her glass with a dark red cloth. The cloth matched the bands that held her brown hair back from her tanned face. Everything about her was neat and put together.

“Careful now,” she told the slightly-familiar blonde who stepped through the doors. “If you frown any more than that at the senior cadets, people will start calling you a Lakorite.” She folded the cloth and placed the glass on the counter.

Vivid, vibrant colours danced around the cadets, drawing them at the centre of the room, an effect that was without a doubt intentional on the organisers’ part. “You’re the one with the DNA grapplers, right?” Margaux asked, turning to face the newcomer properly. “Impressive manufacture.”

@TheDancingFryer - The Professor

6 Likes

Anastasia Aetheros
Namina Gardens

Anastasia trotted briskly behind her brother, attempting to keep up with his brisk pace while also avoiding notice. Cassander was the one who had wanted to come to this party, not her. Anastasia didn’t want to meet new people, but she didn’t want be too far away from her brother. So to the new recruit gala she went. Cassander stopped suddenly, and Anastasia, whose gaze had been firmly focused on the back of her brother’s shoes, looked up and gasped. The gala location was gorgeous. She had lived in Lakora for most of her life, but every time she saw a place like this one it took her breath away. Other dragons might have disagreed with her, but the splendor of the Abyss was no match for the natural, magical beauty Lakora held.

“I’m going to go introduce myself to a couple of other recruits.” Anastasia met Cassander’s calculating eyes and nodded. “I assume you don’t wish to accompany me?” Anastasia shook her head. Cassander sighed. “This is why you’ll never achieve anything great, little sister. It’s one thing to have great talent, but without people skills, it is nothing.” She knew what her brother considering ‘people skills’. Deception and charm to deceive. She wished for no part in the games he would play.

Cassander left her, and Anastasia looked for a good place to hide. She wandered around the edges of the gardens, finally stumbling upon a staircase leading up to what she presumed would be one of the many balconies she had seen earlier. Anastasia smiled with the thought of the possibility of watching the proceedings from afar instead of directly participating. She eagerly climbed the steps, darting out onto the balcony, only to stop short when she noticed the man sitting upon the railing. He hadn’t noticed her yet, so she could quietly disappear and no one would be any the wiser. She backed up swiftly, but banged into a potted plant sitting by the stairwell, knocking it over and probably alerting everyone in a 5-mile radius she was there. For the first time, Anastasia cursed Lakorians and their love of greenery as her face warmed to a lovely crimson.

@Edelgard - Peter ~~ I noticed Peter has thermokinesis, so it could be interesting because being a dragon, Anastasia’s normal temperature runs about 101-102 F. Idk what that is in C, but it’s a fever for a human

6 Likes

// Namina Gardens // Lakora //

Cassius’ expressions beamed up with internal joy and satisfaction as it appeared to him that he had been able to impress someone with his expertise. Running his fingers through his brown hair, he sat down on the soft grass leaning his back against the tree, as he had been standing for too long, even patted the ground gesturing her to sit down as well.

“Can you do anything else?”

The excitement evident in their tone, made him chuckle. He nodded his head in agreement. “Do you like butterflies?”, he asked as numerous fiery butterflies started to fly above her head, circling around her, but Cassius made sure that they did not touch them or give them any burns.

Cassius picked up a small yellow flower from the ground before its petal could get crushed under their feet and stared down at it with a great deal of attention as they shot him with their numerous arrows of questions. He smiled to himself. “Whoa! Easy there, friend. Lemme answer one by one?”, he said an chuckled again.

Cassius suddenly found himself in a dilemma. Should he tell them that he was an Ollivander or not? Surely, they would recognize it and think of him as those grumpy and serious wizards like them. Besides, he would not want to be spotted by any family members, not that they cared. He decided not to reveal his last name.

“I’ve been practising magic all my life. My parents taught me.”, he began. “And I was born with my abilities. And I don’t know about that. I believe, if you have a passion for magic, it’ll automatically grow inside you.”, he went on with a smile as he looked up at them, “I’m Cassius, by the way. You?”.

@duck - Lithia

4 Likes

// Namina Gardens//
Not feeling particularly interested in the conversation and deal-making that was happening in front of me, I sneaked away when the black-haired woman pulled out an official contract. I moved on and found a quiet place near a stone fenced wall. I leaned against it when a robin landed next to me. I sighed. “What am I doing here, if this is the type of people I will be fighting with, then I know for sure I don’t belong in war,” I said and scratched the little robin. it looked at me and I chuckle. “Yeah, but someone has to help your kind, right?” I asked while the robin sat on my finger. “I made a promise to protect, so I have to suck it up” I explained and listened to the birds’ words. “Right, I’ll just keep my head low as always,” I said with a kind smile.

It was so much easier to talk to the forest animals and creatures than to most citizens. though some aren’t that different, there’s an honesty that I miss in the most of them.

Approachable.

@Bluecookies
@FuzilladeBlue
letting you guys know Charlia left.

7 Likes

d857b56c7186c611dc6f4496df7a3b21

Jade was sitting in front of her mirror, staring at the invitation she was given. She had just finished getting ready, though had some second thoughts about joining the party. Jade wasn’t particularly fond of parties or other busy events, especially one thrown by war cadets.

She sighed, getting up from her seat. She wasn’t about to disappoint her “family”, even if they forcibly sent her to war. She put on a smile, trying to focus on the positive side of this.

…Maybe… Maybe I’ll meet someone new!" - she thought, before decisively heading out the door.

Torkken Fortress // Selenium

The music could be heard from far away as she approached. Jade hesitantly stood in front of the door, before deciding to open it and step in.

The atmosphere wasn’t at all how she imagined. Although the music was loud and the place was full of people, she couldn’t help but admire the whole setup. Her jaw dropped at the stunning decorations, sparking a smile on her face. Perhaps this wasn’t as bad as she thought.

She noticed a man who had just walked in, talking to a woman leaning against the counter. She seemed well put together, something Jade definitely admired. Without a clue as to what to do, she decided to walk up to them and strike up a conversation.

“Hello! I hope I’m not interrupting anything… Nice scenery, isn’t it?” - she commented.

@Edelgard ~ Margaux Hawkthorne
@TheDancingFryer ~ The Professor

5 Likes

Lithia Hardarm //

Namina Gardens // Lakora

“Lithia,” she responded, distraction evident in her voice as she strained to see the butterflies spread into the expanse of sky above.

An envious ache grew in her chest as she listened, the last of the fluttering lights melting away.

“My family’s big on magic too. Or claim to be, at least.” Lithia couldn’t think of a single relative who had any interest in putting magic to use. They didn’t seem too defensive of it, either. The only Hardarm who was aiding in the war was Lithia themselves, and their decision had nothing to do with ‘honor to magic’ or ‘defence of the craft’.

“I suppose they do as much as they can for a bunch of nerds,” she added jokingly, thinking of her elder siblings.

Sitting abruptly, she turned to Cassius. “Not one of us can do anything of active use, but I suppose the intent’s there.”

@OhSumana

Sorry for the late (and a tad rushed) reply~

5 Likes

:snowflake: Nova Kane :snowflake:

Selling her future away to this creature, well that was one way to start off this gala. Still, the contract rolled out just had that good feeling of being unintentionally intimidating. Technically, Amaranthar would literally ask for anything, Nove could just hope it was something dealing with retrieving an artefact and not being sent to take out the faction leader here.

She took up the quill. “One more thing, we still haven’t discussed your questioning loyalty to both sides. You take advantages of opportunities. How would the price change if I also wanted you to keep to Lakora?”

@Bluecookies

5 Likes

Peter Shanks
Namina Gardens

Peter shook his head as some of the petals landed on him. “Then I know for sure I don’t belong in war…” someone whispered in his ear. Huh? He turned to the side, a little unnerved. There was nothing there, except for a few more petals floating away into the breeze. But as another one brushed past his cheek, he heard a few more words, excerpts from what sounded like a casual conversation. What the… Below him, a man laughed loudly, and there was another breeze, another petal that flew by him -echoing that very laugh.

I’m going crazy, he thought. Looks like Quintin won that bet.

The truth was, he wasn’t. Lakora had simply taken decoration far beyond the visual sense. Peter pushed himself up slightly and leaned forward. He might as well take a shortcut to the party. He bent his knees, getting ready to somersault into the crowd -and then there was a crashing sound behind him. Peter turned around swiftly, gripping the railing so as not to fall off. Had he broken something? It wouldn’t be a first. Pushing himself back onto the balcony, he rounded the pillar that hid the stairs with curiosity, and realised that the space behind it wasn’t empty at all. There were large pots filled with some of the rarest plants, and a girl stood in the middle of them. Peter couldn’t quite see her face well, just masses hair that were messily tied into a ponytail. But he could tell that it was red with embarrassment.

Peter let out a martyred sigh and threw his hands into the air. “You just ruined my perfect somersault,” he said dramatically. “I nearly splattered like an egg down there.” He placed a gloved hand to the top of her head, patting it with mock reproach, and froze. “What the… you’re an actual oven. ” Peter’s eyes widened.

@Kitastrophe - Anastasia
@FuzilladeBlue - Quintin mentioned (vaguely)

6 Likes

Amaranthae smirked, “Restricting my travel plans, Dear?” She amended the contract with a small wave of her hand over the parchment. “As we have discussed, you have nothing to offer me of substantial value to warrant such a request, however, the price is an additional component as well as the favor. If I were to ever come to you for any reason, you cannot say, ‘No.’ as long as I say your name. Of course that only applies between us, you can say no to others as normal. Because you and I both know there are certain…things, that require the sole permission of the council leader, and only one in which said leader is regarded as the deciding vote.” She gently laid the parchment in front of the girl. “So, if you still want the deal, all you have to do is sign on that dotted line, dear, and your dreams will become a reality. I personally guarantee it.”

@FuzilladeBlue ~ Nova

5 Likes

The Professor was sat in his chair, idle as he was trying to smooth out his chemical proof suit he had worn and part his blonde hair in a way that didn’t look frizzy, when a women standing right next to him turned towards him.

“You’re the one with the DNA grapplers, right? Impressive manufacture.”

Caden smirked at her question. “They are indeed impressive; I built them myself. Anything crafted by me is synthesized then tested until it is at upmost perfection.”

Then he turned to face her and noticed she had similar colored hair and eyes, both a dark rich brown, and was wearing heavy dark eyeliner and red lipstick. He cocked his head, then looked towards her.

"What’s in that glass of yours? Where did you find it? And also how did you know about my impressive weapons?*

Before the mysterious women could answer, another women walked up to both of them.

“Hello! I hope I’m not interrupting anything… Nice scenery, isn’t it?” she commented.

“This? Nice scenery? I suppose it is bright. And blinding.”

Caden took a second to look around, trying to admire the bright lights. They blinded him, forcing him to look away back to the two women he was in dull conversation with. Well, not dull; any opportunity for him to talk about his impressive weapon creations wasn’t dull.

@Edelgard ~ Margaux Hawthorne
@idiot.exe ~ Jade Amyx

5 Likes

Cassander Aetheros
Namina Gardens

Cassander left his sister at the gate to Namina Gardens. He hadn’t expected her to come along with him, but he still felt the same disappointment with just a touch of anger. He had come to understand better how Anastasia worked, but he still couldn’t shake the years of anger and frustration he had felt at her stealing of his honored position and not using it. He noticed a scowl had crept onto his face and he quickly wiped it away, replacing it with a pleasant semi-smile.

Now Cassander was ready to meet some new people. He looked around for his first target. Some people were dancing, and others scattered groups were talking throughout the garden. The current dance was a fast paced jig of some kind, which Cassander despised and was no good for talking during, so he looked for someone on their own to talk to. He spotted what seemed to be some sort of cat girl standing on her own. Cassander’s interest was peaked. He had never seen such a creature. With deliberate strides he made his way over to her.

“Greetings, Miss,” he said, bowing low before her. “I am Cassander Aetheros. And who might you be?” He inquired. He was hoping she was someone important, or at least someone easily charmed. The more people he made acquaintance with, the better.

@Meekepeek ~ Charlia

6 Likes

// Namina Gardens//
as I heard a voice I smiled and send the bird fly off. “Thank you,” I told it before turning towards the guy. “Greeting to you too,” I said back with a little nod and my ears back. “I’m Charlia,” I tell him. “I’m surprised so many people are wandering around on their own, shouldn’t you be with the others?” I wondered as I nodded to where most people were talking. I jumped on the stone fence wall and looked at the guy his … hair was a little messy, his sharp red eyes looked both intimidating and warm, which was kind of interesting.
@Kitastrophe

4 Likes

Anastasia Aetheros
Namina Gardens

Anastasia panicked when the man came towards her. She didn’t want to turn and run; that would only make more of a scene. So she could do nothing but stare with widened eyes as he moved closer.

Anastasia was not prepared for what happened next. She thought he might be curious, or a little mad that she had knocked over the plants. Lakorians really loves their plants. But instead, he was overdramatic and really quite amusing. Anastasia’s mouth quirked a little bit as her embarrassment turned into confusion. Then he placed a hand on her head, and Anastasia tensed. So he was going to punish her for knocking over the plants. She waited for the hit, but it never came. Instead, his touch was light and he was… patting her head? Then his hand stilled.

“What the…you’re an actual oven.”

This was enough to cause Anastasia to speak for the first time in days. “A what?” Her voice sounded rusty from disuse, and she coughed, and asked again. “What’s an… o-ven?” She stared up at the man, eyes full of confusion and brain whirling, wondering if she should’ve spoken or just nodded and fled.

@Edelgard ~ Peter ~~ since Meeke asked, I’d assume you want to know too. Anastasia’s hair is dark red except for a lock in front which is black.
Skin is fairly light/pale.
Eyes are blood red.
The hair that covers half her face is there for a reason. And the mark on her face is part of her skin, pure black.

5 Likes

:snowflake: Nova Kane :snowflake: // Namina Gardens

It wasn’t likely that Nova could think of any further use Amaranthae would have for her, but it seemed like a simple enough addition. Only time would tell, and they were desperate. People did things they regretted in times like of this, whereas Nova could also see an opportunity. Of course, she knew it was dangerous, but this would be the first step to taking control what she could.

“I’ll end up leading the Lakora council, and you’ll stop collaborating secrets or whatever you do with the other side,” she reiterated. The quill seemed to burn in her hand when the tip touched the contract. Once she wrote the first ‘N’, the rest was easier, as if the page was calling out. There was no going back now with the final flurry; the loops spring off from her last name. Just like that, there was a surge of magic, and then the calming silence from earlier.

It was done. Nova took a deep breath. Something felt different now, the magic drawn to Amaranthae, but it was hardly there and before long, she doubted she’ll still be able to feel it.

“Will you be staying for the rest of the gala?”

Illustration

So it's a deal?

@Bluecookies

4 Likes

// Namina Gardens // Lakora //

“Well, very nice to meet you, Lithia. You have a very sweet name.”, Cassius responded with a nod, while the fiery butterflies circling around Lithia’s head vanished into thin air, and instead various flowers, made of flames, surrounded them, as if they were suspended in the air. They clearly liked what he was doing with his magic, and Cassius was more than happy to perform it until he drained the last bit of his energy, if it could make someone’s day. Not that he was in need of energy though. Namina Gardens seemed to be an endless source of energy.

Cassius looked up at Lithia as she related that her family was famous for their magic as well, and that made him wonder what her last name. But that was a personal question, so he neglected the urge to make an enquiry about it. “Mine too. But they’re too self-centered and serious to perform it for entertainment or for the fun of it.” , he responded and before they could ask more about his family , he asked another question, “So… What’s your power? Are you a mage, or a fairy maybe? Maybe you can show me what you can do as well.”,

@duck - Lithia
Np :+1: and sorry for my late response too

5 Likes

~Namina Gardens~ Lakora

“I’ll end up leading the Lakora council, and you’ll stop collaborating secrets or whatever you do with the other side,” she reiterated. Amaranthae smiled softly, “Of course, dear.” She watched as the girl began to sign the contract with shimmering red letters that flourished and curved. The girl’s penmanship was really very beautiful. Amaranthae picked up the parchment, “Nova, what a beautiful name, however did your parents pick it?” With another flick of her wrist the parchment and quill disappeared. “Will you be staying for the rest of the gala?” Amaranthae chuckled, “Why would I leave, dear? You enjoy yourself now, and I’ll take care of everything.” She curtsied and went back to join the gala, a smile of amusement on her face.

@FuzilladeBlue ~ Nova

Approachable

5 Likes

Peter Shanks
Namina Gardens

Peter stared at the girl in front of him, eyes wide with horror. Did she not know the delicacy of roast dalehi? Of traditional cakes doused in faleya syrup? “Say no more,” he let out. “And give me a second.” And then Peter ran back towards the railing and jumped. He felt weightless for a moment as he was falling through the air. Then he struck the ground, knees bent as he had been taught. Again, the years of training were coming in handy. He remembered the countless falls from great heights, the snapping, the days in bed after back injuries. Thankfully, that was no longer the case.

Peter rose to his feet, finding himself facing a young woman. “Many apologies, urgent business.” It took him about a couple of seconds to snatch a plate of dalehi from the buffet, and about a couple more to rush back up the stairs to the feverish girl. Come to think of it, leaving her hadn’t been very responsible on his part. What if she had been having a stroke? He was relieved, however, upon seeing that she looked more than fine.

As Peter reached the top of the stairs, he noticed some things about her in the new light that he hadn’t seen before. Specifically, he noticed the dark mark that stretched below her right eye, imperfect but sharp. It didn’t look artificial at all, and it probably wasn’t. Lakorites could have peculiar looks -Peter himself was an example, with nigh white eyes that scared the crap out of so many children.

“You can’t not know this,” he said, heating up the large plate of meat and handing it to her. In the process, he checked her temperature again. It hadn’t gone any lower. “So, since you’re not currently passed out, I’m guessing your body temperature is always this high?” he asked, a little unnerved, and essentially ready to call the senior cadets if need be.

@Kitastrophe - Anastasia ~ Thank you for the information ! Also, sorry for the slightly sloppy writing, I’m getting a bit sleepy, it will be better tomorrow ~
@Bluecookies - Amaranthae mentioned (vaguely)

Miles Castairs
Torkken Fortress

“Ah, cheers,” Miles nodded appreciatively at Zara’s response. It wasn’t exactly a direct compliment, but he was happy with it. He leaned back against the concession stand and observed as she and Damien seemed to get close to bickering -as Damien usually did with anybody, though Zara seemed to be one of his preferred targets.

One sip, two sips, Miles scanned the crowd for a moment, making sure all cadets were still at least looking alive, and when he turned back, his friend was in his face. He pictured the projector with a small smile. In his mind, it looked awfully like the black one that stood right above the concession stand. And then the smile turned into a horrified look as he realised Damien honestly just admitted that an artificial simulations of hypogens wreaking havoc in Torkken Fortress was ready to go.

“I pick the ‘what’. You’re a bloody sociopath.” Miles brought a palm to his face. He would have yet again to demonstrate why Damien’s actions were “unintentional”. Yet he couldn’t suppress a small laugh as he thought of what must have been going on in his friend’s head when he incorporated the program to launch around the room. Hopefully Zara would have enough power to stop the whole thing, because Miles knew very well that he certainly did not.

@FuzilladeBlue - Damien
@OhSumana - Zara

7 Likes

IMG_20201208_225036

// Torkken Fortress // Selenium //

Another non-alcoholic drink was served by a bot for Zara, she picked up the glass and raised it with Miles for a toast. She would like to keep herself hydrated as much as much possible, now that she got the chance to do it. Who knows how many hours it would take for Zara to rise her head up from the thesis papers, next time? Drinks without alcohol were the best alternative. Zara could never leave a drunk and composureless night in her record that could embarrass her the next day.

Miles and the stupid drunkard, on the other hand, were hopeless. Zara observed them in amusement, as they were getting more and more wasted with each sip of alcohol, loosing their balance as well as their sobriety. She could stop them, spare them the intense hungover feeling, they both were expecting in the morning, but why would she do it? Her profit was in their failure. The more they would embarrass themselves, the weaker their chances become to get the long desired promotion.

Zara tried to stifle her laughter as Damien proposed to wreak havoc in the Fortress with the artificial simulation of hypogens. The guy has officially lost it. Zara stood up from her seat and straightened her attire before tapping Damien’s shoulder from behind. Maybe saving the Fortress would bring her some extra credits. “If our main goal is to have fun, I might have a different and more effective idea. I guarantee you that the guests will laugh their potential energies out.”, she stated with a teasing smirked. “How about we hack some of the party lights here and project 20 holograms of drunk Damien in a clown costume or something, in each room of the Fortress? I can assign Zen to do that.” ,she suggested and let out an amused chuckle. “Can you do that, Zen?” she asked Zen, laughing over it. “A piece of cake for me, Zara”, responded Zen in their artificial toneless voice.

@Edelgard - Miles
@FuzilladeBlue - Damien

4 Likes

d857b56c7186c611dc6f4496df7a3b21

Torkken Fortress // Selenium

“This? Nice scenery? I suppose it is bright. And blinding.” - the professor remarked.

Then ironically, he looked directly at the lights he claimed were blinding. Jade couldn’t help but laugh at him, though tried to cover it up not to hurt his feelings.

“Yeah, they are. It’s loud too, but I just like decor, I guess.” - she chuckled. “I’m Jade, by the way.”

@TheDancingFryer ~ The Professor
@Edelgard ~ Margaux Hawkthorne

4 Likes