RP Anonymous Confessions, Questions and Feedback

Do it. I’m sure I will work out great for the character

3 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

What I meant was I have a lot of ideas for things like movies and books when I know I won’t do any of them but when I actually try to find an idea for a book and think maybe I’ll do it this time, my head is blank for days, meaning all the day if I’m sitting down thinking of it or if I’m doing anything else.

However, now that I was away on vacation for 3 days, and rested at home for 3 days exactly 3 new ideas just came to my head. Of course, it came to me because of other plots and I’m basically just robbing them of their ideas, but so many RPs were made as some sort of continuations of books and movies and such, I guess this will be okay.

Here, I’ll put a short description of the ideas so far, and you can vote which of them you’d like to see most.

First idea comes from The Royal Romance from the app called Choices. In the game TRR is a story of a woman from NY who somehow makes this prince fall for her in a night and one of the lords decides to bring her to his kingdom and let her be one of the contestants for his hand in marriage. The contest concludes of fun activities such as horseback riding, pie making, archery and such; to prove she’s fun, lovable but also serious and knowledgable and that she’ll be a good queen.
So I thought a story that includes fun challanges, a stern goal, abillity to include a lot of characters in a contest would be great for a RP so the plot of the RP doesn’t get boring and repetitive like most school based RPs, that has constant challanges to keep the people interested, to have a stern goal that’s flexible but still stern enough to keep the story going somewhere towards the direction it originally was meant to go. I even belive I’ll work around it a bit to make it accept people to join whenever they like. However, once the goal is reached there is nothing more to do except I make up another situation just like it inside the same story and I don’t know if repeating the same story would become boring and repetitive.

Second idea comes from the game whose ads I always get on the app Choices where there are zombies all around and there is one secured area with living healthy people there who have weapons and food and they have to survive with the resources they have while also killing of zombies in one area to add that zombie-free area to the secluded area by building a wall around it once it’s cleaned. It’s called Game of Survival and it’s a great idea, but I’ve been told the game is not that good so I’ve never played it, but I couldn’t help thinking the community on shannii would do so much better with this idea than the game developers becase they just wanted money.
I think this will be an amzing RP because it allows for different challanges to be introduced throught gameplay, it allows for people to join the RP even after the RP started for as long as they want, killing of your characters is possible and later playing them as zombies (a situation that can question the morale of each character) and since the goal is reachable but only after a very very long time in reality, this RP can be carried on for a very long time withouth having to change the plot. The goal to survive and to get more land, resources and guns to make survival in future possible, and I’m sure every person would like to reach that goal.

The third and last idea comes from the musical and a movie I just discovered today! Well I can’t possibly see a full version of the musical and I haven’t yet seen the movie, but it’s the idea I like, not the whole plot. In this story, there’s this character called Monty who realises he’s 8th or 7th in line to be a lord and to become a lord he start killing off the people before him so he could become a lord.

Now this isn’t the plot I’ll be making becuase there’s only space for once person who can go into a killing rampage and kill his family to get inheritance and a title and it would be silly if say … 20 people signed up for the RP and all their characters were n-th in line to a title and all of them decided to kill of people to get that title. It just wouldn’t be realistic nor fun.

However, It got me to thinking … I’m yet to see a RP that incorporates murder withouth having the victims become mad they got murdered, or withouth the murder plot being completely forgotten and the RP start being controlled by conversation between random characters and no plot is there to happen except banter between characters. I’ve also only seen murder plots on RP be portrayed as who-dun-its and no who done it RP I’ve ever been in has been good. The story would crumble before anything even happened, and I think it’s because people joined to see murder in a RP for once, but were rightfully angry when their characters were murdered leaving them with nobody to RP with.

So I propose this story, even though it’s not yet fully thought through. Ahem* In this story there would be characters who would have to kill of people for their own benefit. In the sign ups they would be able to put the amount of people they had to kill to reach they goal if they had a previously made out idea of how and why their character will turn to murder, but they could also make it up as they go along. People would make the characters they were going to kill off so they wouldn’t be angry if they were the ones to kill them, or if some other character kills them. The plot is that in this town there is a group of detectives and the people who play murderers would be able to explore many ways a character would kill somebody, while also learning about it. Now here come in the detectives and the police and … just law enforcement workers of any sort. If your character who is a murdere murders a victim and you explain in detail how he murdered a person, how he cleaned the murder scene, how he got rid of the body and how he made sure that nobody would quess it was him, the detectives come and check out the murder scene, or the house where a person dissapeared suddenly and things such as that, and you failed to mentioned to clean something or to hide something, there is a chance the detectives will find it and in that chance you will be caught. But be warned, the closer you get to your goal the more suspicious you will become to the detectives becuase up to this point it was like 1-5 people gone missing? And when theres too much people going missing or dying, and they find a patter, it will be harder for you to operate thru the game and get to your goal.

You can find the poll on the New Ideas Thread, I was just brew a few ideas hoping some of them would see the light of day

2 Likes

I’m like the rp character party idea. I’m scared to the the first person to start partying. Anyone else want to do it with me?

Go for it I’m sure you will do fine :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As soon as you start doing it, other people will follow!! :wink:

2 Likes

I find that i really like rping as patients in the hospital or just a average school. So i guess Id really like some more hospital and school rps that dont flop.

Well @LittleFeets just made a new roleplay called Serenity Medical, and there’s one by @Kat called Camp Seafare that seems quite casual. I understand that you would want a casual, uneventful, just normal high school roleplay. But, unfortunately, most of them don’t go too far because it is the same thing all the time and a lot of people get bored. Though if you want to make an average school roleplay, you can do that! However I would suggest trying to add something to it that makes it different from other high school roleplays.

3 Likes

Yep! The RP is more about the medical staff, but there can also be some patients that are hospital regulars too! I’m even working on a patient or two that will be known well by the staff.

4 Likes

Can there be more high school type of RPs? Those seem fun but the ones I signed up for, arent really good

I’m going to put a list of all high school roleplays below before answering the question, in case you missed any of them! I’m sure they all would love more people to join!!
P.E.A.K. Academy : Children of Marvel Characters High School
Mystic Lake Academy : Children of Monsters and Mythical Creatures High School
Blue Royalty : High School with the Ultimate Popularity Contest
Elite XOXO : Gossip Girl X Elite High School Roleplay
Truth or Dare : High School with a Dangerous Game of Truth or Dare
Fairytaled: Return of the Legend : Children of Fairytale Characters High School
I may have missed some, I was purely going off memory and the roleplay titles.

As for there being more high school roleplays, like I said in the answer above, it is hard because I think that every high school roleplay needs an aspect that makes it different to the others. Threatening texts, gossip blogs, they used to be enough, but a lot of existing roleplays have that and it works for them but for new roleplays it would really need more than that to be interesting and for it to not die. I have seen previous high school roleplays, and they all end up with just 2 roleplayers continuing a conversation between their characters. I’m all for a new high school roleplay, but I think it would need something new to really keep people interested and active.

I don’t know. That’s just my opinion that no one asked for.

Or I’m just completely wrong here and people are interested in usual high school roleplays. I don’t know, it kind of seems repetitive to me but I guess I’m not one to talk when Blue Royalty has a gossip website. And maybe I just jinxed myself and my roleplay will become that one with only 2 roleplayers continuing a conversation…

but sign up for blue royalty had to throw in the self-promo even if it is most likely one of the ones you have signed up for that aren’t really good hahaha i just need new users on it okay

Please disagree with me through the form if you want!

6 Likes

I just posted that but now I’m kind of thinking I didn’t really answer your question correctly at all…

2 Likes

If you want, I can help you with RP-ing 1X1 at first, then bigger audiences, but if you want that you’ll have to wait a bit until I finish my exams at the end of the month.

3 Likes

Where do people get those name banners from?

People usually make them themselves! Or you can ask someone else to do one for you, I’m sure most people would be more than happy to help you with that. Though, if you want to try and make one yourself, @Mouschi made a really helpful and detailed thread explaining how to make your own name banner!!

2 Likes

Save Mystic Lake! Please join!

1 Like

I’d be happy to help. Just PM me.

What is the difference between an RP and an SG?

An RP and an SG are very similar, but they are not the same thing.
In an RP, you signup your character, and then you write posts responding to other characters and situations.
While in an SG you sign up your character, then the creator of the SG writes for all of the characters. The SG creator writes out basically chapters of the story, writing what each character says and does. These chapters can range in size from a short paragraph, to multiple long paragraphs depending on the story and number of characters. At the end of the chapter, and sometimes during, the creator will ask questions for you to answer about what your character would do. It could be something like what they would wear, how they would react to something, or thinks they might want to talk about with someone.

In short, in an RP, you write posts as your character, and in an SG, the creator writes for all characters and you answer questions for them.

3 Likes

For Ani/Mel - How do you keep track of all your advanced RPs and the ones you joined like CHB, Fairytale-d, blood of empires

@katabasis

2 Likes

I really don’t oof. CHB is a team effort with people tagging me and stuff and I of course have Brookes. FTD is something I really love and I find myself helping out and RPing a lot hehe. I reccomend setting reminders or keeping lists of what you need to do or what people you need to reply to. It’s very usefu haha. I barely use mine but it’s been very helpful in the past

1 Like

Can you link some SGs I can join? It sounds fun!

Of course! There aren’t many SGs currently, but these two are currently open for signups.

4 Likes

@RPers , does anyone have anything new to ask / confess / talk about? Have you had any problems or opinions on things in roleplays that you would rather keep anonymous? We will try and help you or discuss this with you, send stuff in below!

Send us anything!

7 Likes

Nope, sorry…

I love reading long RP posts,but I also get very intimidated by them im

Don’t be! Sometimes people have to write a lot to get everything they need to say in the post. But do not compare yourself to other roleplayers. Everyone here has a unique way of roleplaying, whether that be long or short, and either does not matter. Don’t let the long ones intimidate you, let them challenge and improve you as a roleplayer. If you ever need help with roleplaying you can message me? Or literally anyone else because they would all be more than happy to help you.

How do I tell someone I wanna drop out of an RP? Im not sure how since there are already pre-set partners the RP has started.

You have to just tell them. Tell them and they can work something out so that the character yours was partnered with can have their partner changed with someone who wants to be a part of the roleplay. It would be worse if you stayed, as if you want to drop out you might lose motivation for replying to them, and since they have a partner, I’d assume it’s important for their character to interact with yours. The owner of that character might also lose interest because they aren’t getting any replies. Basically, you just need to be honest and say you aren’t interested. I think the owner would appreciate you saying that more than you gradually drifting from the roleplay.

How do you handle so many RP characters?

Who me? Uhh… well, I don’t. I definitely cannot handle them and I am always stuggling with balancing replies. I know right now I need to write posts for Delilah, Calen and Wendy, and I haven’t written for Sadie in… days now. I know there are a lot of people who handle characters better than me (pretty much everyone) and could definitely give you a better answer for that.

3 Likes