Star Trek: The Oblivion | Sign-Ups and Chat

heavy breathing

if only I knew like… anything about star trek. i’ve been craving scifi lately :eyes:

2 Likes

im just saying there is one more role open, and you don’t need to know much about star trek, i’m more than willing to help answer questions/assist in planning a character

:flushed::point_right::point_left: what if? jk jk unless

3 Likes

okok fine you’ve convinced me :sneezing_face:

could i reserve weaponry officer? :point_right::point_left:

3 Likes

yes you can >:D welcome aboard my dude

2 Likes

screeches

yesyes time for aliens :D

and laser guns and s p a c e s h e n a n i g a n s

2 Likes

Bold of you to assume I have rights!

4 Likes

ofc not because they got rEVOKED

3 Likes

Maybe they never existed :pensive:

2 Likes

just like how that fACECLAIM SHOULDNT HAVE EXISTED

3 Likes

(sorry if anyone’s on light mode)

Name: R’lyeh Surak

Role: First Officer

Species: Vulcan

Gender: (“gender labels are illogical and subjective”) unlabeled (any pronouns)

Profile/Biography:

Just like most Vulcans in the twenty second century, R’lyeh was raised by a close-knit nuclear family whose main priority was to make sure they and their younger sibling would grow up to be great and proud members of the Vulcan society. Their mother seemed the perfect head of the family to young R’lyeh, and from a very early age they have had the greatest respect for the woman who made them into the Vulcan they are now. As the eldest child of the Surak family, they were held to very high expectations, for the Suraks were close to the royal family, and they meant to keep it that way for as long as they could. So, from the moment they were a newborn their parents made sure they had the best education through all their life, and began organising their brain for it to be the best it could. Something they liked, as they saw it as something that would help their self-improvement from a young age.

Not three years after their studies began to increase in quantity and quality both, his parents were to decide to whom R’lyeh should be betrothed to in hopes of keeping their position in the social ladder -or maybe even climb up even in the slightest-, and it all made perfect sense to the eight-year-old Vulcan who had just met the one they were bound to marry someday. But his fiancée didn’t seem to be fine with that, and for that reason she sabotaged the Bonding Ceremony in which they were supposed to participate. Ever since that moment, R’lyeh began harbouring a certain dislike towards the young vulcan for doing such illogical things and breaking the rules. However, this “little stunt” didn’t change Mr. Surak’s mind on who his eldest child should be betrothed to, so they simply decided to postpone it until she was closer to meeting their standards.

Despite traditional Vulcan beliefs, not having formed that bond didn’t stop R’lyeh from excelling at their telepathic communication training and developing a great comprehension of their brain, along with others’. And at age eight they were determined in becoming the best at all their fields of study, not letting the childish Vulcan they were meant to be betrothed to ruin their life. For that reason they continued their education as a normal Vulcan would. It’s fair to say they were eager to complete all of it and prove their betrothed she should have not done what she did.

However, their goal was an unattainable ona. Because of the destruction of their planet, R’lyeh wasn’t able to complete their education as they were meant to do, barely making it through the ritual passage to their adulthood. Their one consolation, though, was that they could still pride themself in not becoming a member of the “v’tosh ka’tur” or “Vulcans without logic” as their younger brother had.

During the destruction of Vulcan R’lyeh was instructed to save their brother as their dying mother’s last wish, and that they planned to do. But apparently the youngest of the Suraks had preferred to run away with R’lyeh’s supposed betrothed, another of the v’tosh ka’tur, rather than saving his life. For this reason R’lyeh jumped on a timeship that got him to the twenty third century, where they decided to make a name for themself and work towards regaining their family’s status.

However, things had changed a great deal in the century they had skipped. The royal family they were familiar with was gone, and Vulcan society had rebuilt itself and -to R’lyeh’s dismay- it had been influenced by those like their brother, the v’tosh ka’tur who had chosen to stay and brushed the near complete destruction of their planet aside in favour of rebuilding a Vulcan world as they had imagined. Learning about this was what made R’lyeh change their goal, making them enroll at the Starfleet academy and working their way up to the top of the class. They had to be there, to join the Starfleet and take advantage of their resources to salvage the parts of Vulcan civilization that were now lost. But for that, they would have to be the one who would be in control of what was going on in the ship.

At age 22 they finally got to graduate from the academy and immediately put their mind into joining the crew they thought suit their needs the best. That, however, backfired on them. Now, despite Vulcan’s tendencies to rule themselves through logic alone, they have allowed themself to have a little bit of hope with this new crew. After all, statistically speaking, it would be impossible that failure rates would be one hundred percent. Right?

Personality:

[Just as countless other Vulcans, R’lyeh believes in finding the truth through logic, and because of that they are one to think carefully before doing anything. They know that everything they do can have a great impact in leading them towards or further from the truth, therefore they will always try to be one step ahead of everyone, including their crew, and use their knowledge to determine where each step everyone takes will lead them to. They firmly believe that everything they do must have a bigger reason other than simply a “gut feeling” or an impulse. In fact, they will never do anything they consider unnecessary considering the final goal they are currently set on.

Another consequence of their mindset is that their moral compass is highly tinted with practical factors, and they are unable to tell if things are morally wrong if they seem to be justified by the ending. This Machiavellian point of view in most things, as well as their general apathy towards the things they consider mundane could make various people dislike them, but that is not something they care much about. Their relationships with others have always been quite rocky, after all, starting with their own family.

Despite that, and because of their goal-oriented thinking, they have come to consider themself as an advisor to guide others down the “right” path to solve things. Just like others from their race, R’lyeh feels pleasure from the contemplation of logical processes at work and finds themself disgusted at their subversion. However, what R’lyeh feels most pleasure at is when they are correcting others and “helping” them. In these moments they tend to be extremely strict with others, allowing no space for nonsense or distractions, and he will not rest -or let anyone else rest- until they have gotten to the point where they wanted them to get.

Like it would be expected from any other Vulcan, R’lyeh knows that emotions are highly illogical and that they will not only cloud your judgement but will ultimately deter you from the truth. Even though they were born with a seemingly normal emotional range, they were quick to seek the impassivity his elders had and to begin learning how to control them in most situations. Still, because of their education at the academy, along with various other reasons they have yet to finish the t’an s’at, and are unable to achieve that perfect state without any kind of emotion, known as Kolinahr. Even though they haven’t managed to achieve this yet, they definitely excel at controlling themself more than enough for the ideals of the Vulcan Society. This includes them being able to control most of their greed, deception, fear and anger, along with suppressing almost every other emotion they could possibly feel. Even when they cannot help but to feel some things, they are faithful to Vulcan rules and make a point not to show any of them, making their impassible expression the only face most people have seen in them.

R’lyeh tends to be strict, even more strict than other Vulcans, to the point of not allowing others to show much of the one emotion most approve of: curiosity. This does not mean that they don’t ever feel curious, though, as they are quite the eager learner if they find something that interests them. However, they will reproach anyone he sees giving into curiosity unrestrained.

They pride themself in being a patient being, but this is not always true. They try to be patient in most situations but whenever they face a situation in which they have to witness people acting illogically they will become impatient in their attempts to make others understand.

Another feeling they have had troubles controlling are their desire for control and their pride. While the first one tends to make them prone to getting annoyed when others do not act the way they would please, their pride makes them put themself above most people in various situations. Contrary to the customs back in his home planet, R’lyeh does not care about the ages of their fellow crewmates when talking to them, mostly because of their feelings of superiority. And they do not fear calling anyone out if they act in a way they should not.

Their experiences have led them to believe that any form of attachment will only slow them down, and for that reason they prefer not to bond with anyone. They tend to be very closed off to everyone, and despite how much they like to express their thoughts, they are very careful not to let anything about themself slip out -specially when talking to non-vulcans- along with avoiding most forms of physical contact. But even then, a few select individuals have managed to establish an empathic connection with them.

Even with all of this, R’lyeh can be considered a very open minded being, only closing themself to possibilities when things cannot be explained logically or when people do not have proof of what they want them to believe. After all, they know they don’t know everything, but that’s something they won’t willingly accept. Something they aim to change.

Abilities/Skills:
:ballot_box_with_check:︎Telepathy
:ballot_box_with_check:︎Martial arts training
:ballot_box_with_check:︎Quick thinking
:ballot_box_with_check:︎Can remain cool under pressure
:ballot_box_with_check:︎Great pattern recognition skills

Reason for Assignment: getting to the position of Captain in their first crew was easy. Maintaining it? Not so much. After one too many mistakes that proved they were not ready to be in charge of a whole crew, they were kicked off to the USS Spectator and demoted to First Officer, so they can “learn” from their new captain. Whether or not that’ll work out, only time can tell.

Faceclaim Link:

(made with artbreeder + fang’s help kdsbvhdfbv)

3 Likes

Blame Pinterest :skull:

2 Likes

stan

4 Likes

Oki so I’ve taken both your and @Cam 's points into account and edited Tea’s sign up form (i still need to add a few things though, will get to that)

Honestly I sometimes forget how new I am to both the autistic community and the trans one, so I apologise about the whole afab/transphobia thing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi hi, I’m not part of either community so I can’t speak for either but you’re learning which is a process and you’re doing great by asking and taking in feedback from others ^~^

3 Likes

thank you cat ksjndfije

3 Likes

May we reserve names + fcs? owo

2 Likes

it’s okay, tbh learning is a life long process ^-^
as long as we’re willing to learn, it’s all good~

4 Likes

thank you for taking our advice >:D i promise you you’re fine and that i appreciate you took the time to take it into consideration

can’t wait to see Tea in action in the roleplay!

everyone else but you can :smiley: jk jk yes feel free too

3 Likes

wHerE aRe My RiGHts?¿ As Aura would say, THIS IS SLANDER-

( r e s e r v e s )

Name reserve: Sienae t’Rylov

fc reserve

2 Likes

:thinking: wait a minute let me check something

oh here it is

yeah this is slander :smiley: what about it

2 Likes