The Future of the Forums: Closing?

That’s very unfortunate, but understandable as many people have either left, became inactive, or just haven’t had the time or motivation to contribute much. I do hope the forums don’t close, but I completely understand and support whatever you decide to do. :yellow_heart:

I’m mostly active on Instagram: episodemarianna
and Reddit: u/post-melancholic

8 Likes

I’m praying we make it! I will donate soon.

If not, anyone who needs to contact me can contact my instagram @youllcryblood or my discord lastwish#3695

4 Likes

I love that people are enthusiastic! I really do hope the forums thrive in the future

7 Likes

Yup

2 Likes

so are the forums closing? we only raised 8 pounds…

4 Likes

No, it’s fine as of right now

5 Likes

I’m online always

1 Like

Are the forums covered Shannii and friends

2 Likes

Just a little update: we’re moving into the phase where I’m going to temporarily take over costs.

After December, I’m going to be removing my card details from all forum-related payments.

5 Likes

I’m going to be focusing my attention on my teaching and getting Shani’s Tutoring off the ground.

Remember: it’s always an option to move over to the ShanniiWrites website for free, but it won’t be this kind of forum anymore.

6 Likes

Okey dokey

2 Likes

Guess I picked a bad time to come back to this forum lol.

4 Likes

Nah, there’s a group saving it. As a forum, we’re rebranding and helping release the pressure of funding/ownership off Shannii.

5 Likes

Welcome back Cole

3 Likes

So, here we are: the last few days of me as leader.

It’s been a great run. I hope this place just grows and grows and I hope you get to see lots of old faces as well as new ones.

It’s been an absolute pleasure. I’m so thankful for the support I got when I released my first story, when I started this place, when I got banned from Episode, when I tried to appeal the decision, when I lost Google AdSense, when I was having personal issues…

So many of you have been with me every step of the way and I thank you all for that.

I’m moving onto other things in my own life. I don’t know if I’ll ever go back to writing stories online, to be honest. Maybe I will one day. I will continue to give advice on my blogs, though.

I hope to see you all on my websites at some point! I’ll still be around on here every now and then. You’ll probably still see the blog posts being promoted on here.

I wish you all love and success in everything you try. I hope you all have bright futures and a lovely 2023.

I think this is it for me trying to captain the forums. We’ve got some very capable people I know are stepping up to take my place. I hoped I could oversee the selection of a board of leaders/heads/staff members before I left so that there wouldn’t be one single person in charge again. However, things took a lot longer than I anticipated and I need to move on now.

Please feel free to reach out to me on here on on Discord if you need me. Please don’t tag me if the forums go down anymore. It’s not my responsibility.

If you want to support my future projects, please feel free to reach out as well! I’m always looking for website testers and conversation starters on my tutoring site!

13 Likes

Good luck Shani with everything you are focusing on now and in the future, thank you for starting up this place and putting so much effort, time and money into it over the years to make it a special place for so many people…

5 Likes

I wish you the best in life, Shani. You really helped me grow as both a person and a writer. Thank you for creating a place for us to be ourselves and be the writers that we were meant to be. As always, I’m here if you need anything. Keep moving, keep growing, keep healing. I will always support you as best as I can! This is not the end, but a new beginning for you.

4 Likes

I respect that :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

Best of luck!

Thank u for making this place :heart::cookie:

4 Likes

Ah, okay. I was like, aw :frowning: . I’m glad there will still be a place for all of us to keep in touch.

@liyahsdiamond Thanks :slight_smile: It’s been awhile.
Happy holidays, y’all! Stay safe and warm! :slight_smile:

4 Likes