šŸ–Š The Mysterious Works of Lady Society || Sign-Ups & Chat

Thatā€™s a cool name, I dunno what youā€™re fussing over, I like Clarke

1 Like

Just seems plain, but I do like it. Might change her first name, though.

1 Like

I mean, if any of those characters go up for adoption Iā€™ll happily take a few

2 Likes

Psstā€¦ Arleneā€¦

2 Likes

:joy:
yesss

1 Like

Okay so I finished my character, but if you still have some problems with the history part of the Bio, just tell me and Iā€™ll change it because barely anything depends on that part

FC link:

Title: Colonel
Full Name: Colonel Fitzherbert Coleridge
Sexuality: Heterosexual

not so Short Bio: /
Colonel Fitzherbert Coleridge was born to Baron Herbert Coleridge and Rhiannon verch Rhys. The family wasnā€™t well accepted in society due to the fact his mother was from Gnugar (Wales) and commonfolk at best before the marriage, but they still had money at the begining, however, considering Baron Herbert was stripped of his inheritance due to this act of marrying an unsuitable woman and only had one estate left, he had to start providing money for his family to afford their better lives. Thatā€™s why he started illegally rigging horse races with his ā€œpartnerā€. Everything was great at first, but nobody can live in lies for very long so as you can tell, when his scheme was crumbling around him he realised this would mean his family name would be ruined not just for him but his wife and all his children, so he did his partner wrong by letting everybody belive he was the only one in it. The partner was left in a tough spot and Herbert made sure all the evidence was destroyed or locked away so the partner couldnā€™t snitch on him if all the proof pointed otherwise.
Fitzherbert was born in 1791, promptly named after his father Herbert considering he was the familyā€™s heir and firstborn. He was a happy child, with a personality simmilar to most children at the time, or in other words, a person indifferent to everybody else. But not for long. Soon Fitzherbert got siblings to play with. In 1794 a brother Daniel, and in 1797 a sister Branwen labeled by a gnugar name to anger Herbertā€™s parents. By the turn of the millenia Baron Coleridge had to resort to other means of making money to stay afloat, this being the previously mentioned illegal horse race rigging, however the children were none the wiser because their mother was very good at making them happy with very little. She herself growing up with little money knew the best ways to make do with little and she did a splendid job. The children were happy playing with each other, with little to no sibling rivalry to be seen. They loved each other wholeheartedly and loved their mother, even thought in those times richer parents spent very little time with their children, but because of her upbringing withouth servants to act as parents she was more than a good mother to them. By 1805 people were aware something was going on during the races and to protect his wife and children from both poverty, embarrasement and harrasement Herbert realized the only thing to do was to choose between his family or his partner, and although they were on good terms there was no other choise but to throw him under the bus. This was the best decision although the outcome of the decision was still horrible for the family to endure. The partner managed to get relieved of his charges and thus escaped going to prison. A year has passed since the rumors began and the partner was out for blood. He decided to hit the family where it hurts and harm his family, the one thing he loves most and he did it by kidnapping the family favorite, Branwen. After the ransom was fulfilled Baron Coleridge hoped it was all over, but his partnerā€™s life was ruined because of it so he wasnā€™t sattisfied by simply kidnapping. At the end of the year Baroness announced she was pregnant, but a few month later Baron was murdered which led her to lose the child and die because of the infection the miscarriage brought her. Fitzherbert knew he would have to do what his father failed to and bring money to the family and bought himself a comission that same year. His brother and sister had to be left alone, and considering he is the eldest son he had to manage the land, so he gave full control to his brother telling him to write him of any problems he might encounter that he cannot deal with himself.

It was the year 1807 and although there were wars still being fought, it was a pretty peaceful era for Askarrn after itā€™s more important wars that have ended by now and he was confident he wouldnā€™t be going to too many battles so he knew he would survive long enough to earn enough money for his family. He was doing a splendid job because it only took him 5 years to be promoted to colonel but he was also moved to serve in the war against Bloasau. He was at the heat of the action and feared he might not come back home to take his rightful place as the heir of the family and he also feared he was put in a position of power beyond his abilities and he thought he would be the cause of the death of most his men and possibly the victory of his enemies. He wasnā€™t that bad of a colonel, however he didnā€™t notice the traitors in his unit until it was too late. They pretended to be his friends amongst the strangers so they could get him alone one day, and that night, when he was gazing upon a beautiful hillside at night the friends behind him took a knive and backstabbed him but they didnā€™t realsie to kill somebody from behind you need a big sword because with a dagger itā€™s hard to hit anything of importance. Lying on the gorund he couldnā€™t make out much, but he did see glimpses of their faces while they were looking for the key to his chambers to look for some letters or maps that would help the Bloasau garrison win the next fight. While bleeding out in the dark, far away from his unit, he knew nobody would find him in time to help him and his last days would be labeled with literal backstabbing, betrayal, anger and never seeing the faces of his family ever again. By the time some common folk found him lying there, he was no longer able to talk, he would only breathe so heavily it sounded like he was about to choke. The only thing he could muster up was ā€œHelpā€ and ā€œPainā€ and ā€œDanā€ meaning his brother Daniel and ā€œBranā€ because he couldnā€™t quite say Branwen. He lost conciousness after than and woke up in a charity hospital in a nearby church. He was there for a few weeks before his wound was all healed and he was able to talk and move again (he could before but it was painful both emotionally and physically). During his stay he wasnā€™t very talkative so he didnā€™t tell anybody that he was a colonel, but his dissapearance wasnā€™t invisible. The information he held at his office were used to ambush his army and the only person not present there was him and when his superior found this out he knew he only shared the information used to few people. He traced it back to Fitzherbert and when he heard of his dissapearance he thought of it as approval of his treason thinking he left as to not get acidentally wounded or killed in action as his side wasnā€™t the one he just helped. A bounty was raised on his head and his picture with a reward in pounds was placed on many buildings in town During his time in the hospital Fitzherbert was slowly falling in love with a woman called Dominique who he only saw a few times, but her beauty made him feel better at times. She paid no attention to him however, until she found out he was a Baron but also had riches from the war. She decided to say yes to his proposal when she saw his bounty and thought if she married him before his death she would probably inherit something, however, a few days after he left the hospital he was caputred by teh Askarrn millitia and was imprisoned for treason to be executed by hanging. However, he wasnā€™t hung anytime soon considering the prison warden thought he knew some information about the opposittion and often sent his men to ā€œinterrogateā€ Fitzherbert to find out more about Bloasauā€™s efforts. There was one officer who used Fitzherbert and other prisoners as a place to focus his sadistic and aggressive nature. Every day he was tortured to release even the slightest bit of information, but he knew nothing, so he spent every day in agony being called a liar for telling them the truth and them not believing and an idiot for not name dropping anybody after all that torturing. After a long time they realised nothing would come of this so they decided to just go ahead and execute him. It was almost yule 1814 and the stand where he was to be hanged was all covered with snow. As he stood up there with a sack on his head and every part of his body freezing, Fitzherbert thought this is when and where he would draw his last few heavy breaths. He could not see, but he could hear and feel. He heard the hangman pulling the lever and the rusty sound it made, the flap opening, the rope tightening both around his neck and on the other end, and he heard a strange sound of metal ā€¦ a knife maybe. But the one thing he didnā€™t think he would feel that he did feel was the gorund and the grass underneath the flap yet untouched by snow. He did dislocate his shoulder falling like that, but when the sack shielding his eyes was removed, he could see the rope was deliberately cut as he was being hung. Apparently the man looking down on him now with a smile came to stop the execution in the nick of time and where he not to throw his sword at the rope, Fitzherbert would be dead now. Apparently the men who found him after getting stabbed and some patients and people involved in the church backed the idea that he spent his time in the church treating a stab wound in his back, which in turn backed up the story he told his investigators that nobody believed beforehand. However, while Fitzherbert was in prison he used his time wisely, gaining trust from other prisoners, and after enough time gaining their trust he learned a lot about the real traitors and their garrison and a few other information he picked up along the way and he laid all this information into his saviourā€™s ears. Straight away he unexpectedly visited Dominique and learned that she was no virgin as he caught her in the act. He the found letters in her room which proved she was having affairs before he even went to prison, even after she said she would wait for him. He ended the engagement right then and there. After all this abuse, the garrison in question and a couple of others have lost against the Askarrn army due to Fitzherbert and hiss supervisor sent him home to make sense of his life after all this abuse so that he might not lose his sanity over this. He thought it was a great idea to go home, but after a long time away, the person he thought he would confide in with this and the person who was the only one who could help him has changed so much during her pubecent years that he hardly recognizes her anymore, and he decided to keep everything done to him a secret even thought this might just make him lose his sanity which is something both him and his supervisor want to avoid by all means.

Personality: Since Fitzherbert was young he had to battle traumatic events or rather how they affected his life. He used to be a very cheerful and nice child, but as he grew darkness found him. In only a couple years his sister was kidnaped, his father murdered and his mother left hearbroken to die of sorrownes and infection in childbirth. He was only 16 when that happened and thus it hit him hard. He felt both hopeless and lost with grief and shame acompanying them. He found one way to battle his feelings of hopelessness, instead of managing the family (the task he was left with as firstborn male heir), he took it upon himself to do what his father tried and failed to, to earn money for his family. But careful not to become like his father, he chose a profession that would legally bring his family a lot of fortune and perhaps a lot of glory. He was ready to die for the cause, but now the feelings left by his trauma were exchanged by the feelings of fear of not being good enough and fear of leading good men to their deaths and this fear, although wasnā€™t great, persisted with him until another set of traumatic events happened to him, bringing new emotions to surface. When Fitzherbert returned from war he looked to the only part of his life where there was no trauma to try and heal his wounds, and that was his childhood. He took the skill of horse whispering he learn in war and used it in his life, the few things that could now bring him joy was riding and taking care of horses and running alongside fast energetic dogs. It was those activities that helped him feel more alive than he thought he could feel. While riding horses the wind would blow in his hair and feeling of slight but still lingering joy would come to him as he felt it on his hair and on his skin, like a free wildlife animal running in itā€™s natural habbitat. While running alongside dogs, he also felt calm, because running from nothing at all felt less hopeless as when his traumatic events happened he was too weak or too broken to try escaping, and while he was running it felt as if he was escaping when before he could not, and that felt as doing something at least. Also it felt good running not for fear after so long. Fitzherbert always was a loyal person, which you can see by the fact he still investigated about the traitors while the prison guards tortured him to near death. If you wish to talk to him, do not come for him from the back for that scares him as anybody lingering behind him for too long makes him anxious, as if it either is happening right now or will happen again. He also isnā€™t very talkative about it for several reasons : He wonā€™t tell people he doesnā€™t fully trust about his biggest weakness, he doesnā€™t want to be remebered of it and directly telling what happened is triggering for him, he doesnā€™t want people to know and look at him differently be it with pity or not because he is in denial that such a thing could change a man so fully, and pity from others would directly disprove that to him and make him feel small and insignificant. He is also fond of silk and nice textures as what he thought was going to be his last second on earth the feeling of the harsh rope underneath his fingers, making them redden and turn rough and the outline of the bag on his face made his neck scratch and gave him a rash as it brushed upon it are both remembered whenever he would touch or feel the scratch of a bad fabric on his fingers or face and he would be brought back to the darkness the bag on his face would bring him. That is also why grew a phobia of damask and dark places and he cannot sleep withouth a candle by his side. Sometimes when he would wake from a nightmare brough by the anxiety and the candle would already be run out, he would start breathing heavily, until he lights another candle or opens the curtains for the moonlight to come into his room. In battling his trauma he often gets angry for no reason or at himself and to releas this anger he would go to the nearest large body of water and swimm in it beace it brough him ease. Other things also gave the same effect but very few could be there anytime he needed it. Some of those are music, dancing, seeing the man who saved him from the execution for tea and biscuits, grooming himself, looking at the old family portraits and/or reading his parentsā€™ love letters to each other. Despite all described until now, he has a place in his heart for his sister and brother, though very changed, they are still his only family and he treats them well and gives them a lot of affection and love. On some days, because of the trauma, he would feel empty ā€¦ melancholy ā€¦ fatigued and if there wasnā€™t a clear purpose for him in this family, he would succumb to some of those feelings and let them last longer than anybody should endure. That purpose is not allowing his family or whatā€™s left of them to get anywhere near the danger he came across, finding happiness for them wherever life brought them just like his mother used to do for all three of them, managing the estate as he was taught to by his father and making sure they got into good marriages.

Skills: tracking and hunting animals (thatā€™s one skill), gun smithing and aiming, fencing, a way with animals, a knack for languages, strong stamina, survival skills
Likes: long walks in woodland areas and naturally beautiful areas, domesticated animals such as dogs and horses, learning languages by other means that just being taught, music, mythology and stories, swimming, horse riding
Fears: fear of people behind his back, fear of being touched in such a way that trauma might come back to him, nyctophobia, fear of further emotional or physical pain, fear of cravates too tightly wrapped around the neck, fear of insanity

4 Likes

Which one?

3 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m so late-- I wanted to be sure Iā€™d actually get an idea of characters before I said anything-- but could I reserve two gentry of the names Kitty (Katherine) Emmeline Edevane and August Reynold Worsley? Also, do we have to reserve faceclaims?

2 Likes

@LTea - will ForeverAngelā€™s characters be going up for adoption?

1 Like

Is there going to be some information about the other kingdoms on the slides? Or maybe there is information about them somewhere and Iā€™ve just missed it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a HUGE help thank you so much!!

No problem :slight_smile:

Whew, okay, thats a long bio :sweat_smile: Iā€™ll have a gander through as I add to the Faceclaims, but everything should be good. Love the FC

The latter looks like you could get away with around 16-19 maybe? Just as a heads up I donā€™t mind if the FC is in colour as I greyscale them in the FCs anyway.

Ayy! Duck! Nice to see you! Its no problem, glad to have you on board! You may indeed reserve those two, and you donā€™t have to reserve FCs but if you have some in mind you are welcome to.

Um, Iā€™m somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of just putting someoneā€™s characters up for adoption without their consent, especially when I know how enthusiastic that person was on joining the RP.
If anyone is able to ask her and sheā€™s okay with it then I would, but unless she expressly says so I would rather just keep them reserved for her for the time being.

I will be adding more about the other kingdoms down the line, when I get time :sweat_smile: but each one has an alternative IRL country that it is similar too to help give a vague idea of things. If you have any direct questions about any feel free to just ask.

5 Likes

HOORAY! I am glad that helped! If I can do anything else, ask me!

What if one of her characters is crucial for the other oneā€™s story?

1 Like

Got it.

1 Like

Um, my best suggestion would be to either hold off on that character or alternatively adapt the story so if one shows up for the time being it makes sense? Sorry.

1 Like

Well, she was just his fianceĆ©ā€¦ so perhaps, some other female character can take that role? Could that be a possibility? They havenā€™t met yet, so itā€™s very easy to adjust

1 Like

Is it imperative that he has a Fiance at this point? I have yet to read through most of the signups, sorry :sweat_smile: if needs be I could make another character

1 Like

Wellā€¦ itā€™s just thatā€¦ he has to learn to love again, so a fianceĆ© is crucial. It was arranged by his parents so their relationship is forcedā€¦ but later he will grow to like her. Thatā€™s why itā€™s important to meā€¦

1 Like

Ok! Fair enough, I was curious was all :]

1 Like

Can I reserve the name Jack Cranston?

2 Likes

Right. I see your point but at the same time it sort of defeats a large part of this RPā€™s theme which is to find love during the social season. If heā€™s already engaged then its more just about him and his fiancĆ©. You might as well have done a 1x1 rp? I donā€™t mean to sound rude and please donā€™t take this the wrong way I really want you to join the RP and Iā€™m really curious of your characters and ideas, its just Iā€™m a little taken aback because it sort of sounds like you already had plans for your character and their arc.
Again, I donā€™t mind small ideas or adaptable plans, by all means. If you want you could say that he was engaged but for some reason the lady didnā€™t show up, which could be really interesting, especially considering his entire dynamic and learning to love again.

3 Likes