What Are The Worst Book-To-Movie Adaptations?

YES!

1 Like

Not at all!

2 Likes

YISSS

1 Like

that was such a ridiculous scene-
like it doesnt even make sense :joy:

Ready Player One

• WADE IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNNATRACTIVE AND BALD FOR TWO THIRDS OF THE BOOK
  • Art3mis is supposed to be overweight?!?! (Like the whole point was that a lot of geeks seek comfort in video games because they’re really self-concious of their looks and like aren’t actually attractive)
  • One of the samurai guys should have died (it was the whole kick off to “wow, IOI isn’t messing around, they’re actually going to kill us.”)
  • WADE EARNED HIS COIN ALL ON HIS OWN. HE DIDNT JUST GET IT FOR NO REASON FROM A RANDOM CURATOR WHO ALSO BROKE THE AGREEMENT BY INTERFERRING
  • ALL OF THE KEYS WERE ACQUIRED COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THEY LITERALLY CHANGED THE ENTIRE FING PLOT
  • IR0CK or whatever his name is supposed to be some lame ‘gunter’ that doesnt know whats going on. not some random bounty hunter-

Those are just a few of my issues—

4 Likes

I kinda like it, actually. holds hands up in defense

3 Likes

Oh it’s ok to like it grabs a knife and holds it behind your back Really ok stabs you

3 Likes

Not the movie! Just Tyson’s look! dies

3 Likes

oh. Oh Well *calls Nico to revives you and he does * There

3 Likes

Thank the Gods.

3 Likes

I can say with confidence that the worst book to movie adaptation is Artemis Fowl, the creators were clearly far too cowardly to have Artemis be the criminal mastermind that he is in the books and as a result of that we have to deal with an Artemis that while clever just really isn’t the same kind of clever that he is in the books. It just wasn’t good sis.

@Bookworms what do you guys think?

1 Like

On the Percy Jackson note: I saw a rumor that Disney was making a series. I hope they treat it like the Marvel series’ and actually make it good.

1 Like

its not a rumor, its confirmed and rick riordan is working on it

2 Likes

Ngl i liked the movie version bc i thought it was a fun spin on the book with the limited time of a movie xD
But thats pribanly just cause i really like the Ready Player One universe a ton and thought it was fun to see a different version other than what i read

I mean book 100% blows the movie out of the water but i think thats a cool thing since you can watch the movie and still get a really amazing experience from the book
Though i admit an accurately and fully detailed adapted TV series of the book wouldve been cool to see xD

Like its definitely not a good adaptation if you want accuracy but i think they understood that they couldnt be 100% accurate with their restraints of being a 2 hour long movie- thats just enough time
So i can understand opting to overhaul the story so it still follows a main premise but diverges from the book

Idk im not a movie or book critique, thats just what i think about it xD it was funny to watch afte reading the entire book anyway

So, I agree its not a faithful adaptation but i do still think it offers something cool
At least to me and im selfish so thats the only thing that counts

1 Like

Yeah the movie itself wasnt awful. I understand why people like it because the actings fairly good and the CGI is cool and that whole war scene is fun. It just completely destroys the ingenuity and uniqueness of not having drop dead gorgeous characters (or what is considered to be by society).
Even IR0CK like they completely missed the older vibes that its going for and how societys interests can change on a whim. Ill be honest, i didnt get most of the references, but i could tell how properly thought out the book was. Whereas the movie just sh*t on every single cool thing there was in the book and replaced it with something sub par compared to the book.
And while i do know its not the same thing, its really difficult to not compare, you know?
I almost wish they did a HTTYD thing where the general idea is the same, but they wrote their own story to go with it. Something that was obviously meant to be different instead of piggy-backing off the much better book.
Hell, they dont even show how smart Wade is. Like hacking into IOI, stealing all their information, all while being a slave for them in THEIR OWN FLIPPING BUILDING.
Also, i didnt really notice before, but he was straight up depressed for half that book. And he still did all this stuff and it also shows him trying to combat it and help his mental health and i just love this book so much.
Its by far one of my favorites.
Idk sorry for the paragraph bomb

1 Like

For me, the worst one is still The Duff even if the book isn’t my favourite anymore. I was just so excited to see my favourite book made into a movie back then and it just turned out to be a very… simple movie. They took away so many important aspects of the characters, it almost hurt to see the movie :sweat_smile:

Well, I don’t want to say the worst…I liked it, but the MPHFPC movie. Yes, Emma’s and Olive’s peculiarity switch was annoying and the fact that they aged up Olive, but one part I liked…Enoch. Oh sweet mother of god. His personality was pretty much the same, but they also aged him up, and…oh boy. Well, I’ll post a picture. I’m not here to talk about what I liked. My pet peeve…THEY BROUGHT ABE BACK TO LIFE. NO! HE’S DEAD, DAMN IT! coughs Anyway…here’s Enoch.
Yes Enoch, I do.

I actually watched a pretty good video on this recently by Dominic Nobel, his Lost in Adaptation series would probably be pretty beneficial to this thread.

Fixed a tag, emojis and quoting