1 Like

@sunflower.flow The girl in the second story looks like Aphro :eyes:

1 Like

Yeah.

2 Likes

Yeah she changed her name xD
I knew her as Lovesuperstarr

2 Likes

Yeah, maybe I shouldnā€™t have assumed that itā€™s easy. But I still think that they should have tried branching instead of a separate story.

2 Likes

Gotcha

2 Likes

itā€™s justā€¦lazy
if you wanna make a story viable for your lgbt+ audience, then do it the right way. Donā€™t just copy and paste an old story and change the genders of one of the characters

1 Like

I hate when authors do this. They treat characters of the stories like dolls which they can sew and mold in whatever way they want.

By changing the gender of the LI, you should also change their perspectives about the world, the way they speak, the way they act, the people they befriend, the people they push away and all that stuff. Obviously men and women act and think and speak differently where society is concerned.

Itā€™s just lazy on the part of the author to repost the story by changing the LIā€™s gender. I mean I would give the author some credits if the storyline is kind of different and the characters act differently but if itā€™s just the same, then itā€™s not worth the read.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not even that - by changing the liā€™s gender, you change who they are fundamentally. Even if it was just a different guy love interest, he would still have a completely different identity. Not allowing for that is, like I said before, lazy and performative

3 Likes

Even if itā€™s not exploitative itā€™s just lazy. What kind of self-respecting author would do that? I would be able to bare doing that.

1 Like

I think the author just wants more reads-

added a tag ^~^

Tbh I think itā€™s fine. I mean, the author had more freedom that way to make the story different and play with it more. And tbh itā€™d either take the same amount or more work to make another story like that, depending on what the author wants to do. Like, recoding an entire story would take work as well!
If itā€™s JUST for reads- then yeah, no I donā€™t support it. But you canā€™t really tell that tbh.
She could just have liked the story and wanted to re-write it from a different perspective.
I wouldnā€™t do this personally because it would be a lot of work recoding everything. I wouldnā€™t just copy and paste. And if the author did that then again, I donā€™t support- but I donā€™t know that cuz Iā€™m not gonna read both of the stories.

Closed due to inactivity