What happened to the tags?

I just noticed that I can no longer add tags to new threads I made, I was just wondering if this is supposed to be like that or not? Not sure if this is a new thing cause I haven’t made a thread in a while

1 Like

We did this so that only staff can add tags to threads we noticed that alot of people were adding and making tags that just weren’t relevant to the thread and google will ignore things that it doesn’t see as relevant which isn’t good.

It also means we can see staff who are adding tags to threads.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining. Personally I don’t really understand the necessity of the change and I would think changing tags that aren’t fitting would be much easier for the staff than making them responsible for all tags. But rad I guess if it works and makes the forums more visible :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I do understand the necessity of the change because there is also the fact that while regulars had the ability to add tags to other peoples threads, they weren’t allowed to do it, which just seems pointless to me :blush: making staff responsible for the tags means that not only are the tags relevant but we also won’t get behind on ensuring all new threads get tags added to them, not just any tags, the right tags.

2 Likes

If staff need to check to make sure the tags are relevant then they may aswell just add the tags themselves

2 Likes

Okay, fair enough. Now I do understand why the change was made better. Thanks, and you can close this now!

1 Like

Closed by OP request