What TV show is a masterpiece?

I’m not sure which TV shows I would call a masterpiece myself, but I’m interested to see which ones you all choose and possibly check them out because I have to have some way to kill my time

What do you think, @ ScreenSloths?

5 Likes

Planet Earth, I believe. The pictures and the whole cinematography is just breathtakingly beautiful.

1 Like

Sense8

Dark!!

The Queens Gambit - AHHH love this show so much :heart_eyes: literally everything about it is perfect, plus it kinda got me addicted to chess.

Peaky Blinders - another amazing show :pleading_face: maybe it’s because I got attached to the characters but still :sob:

2 Likes

Euphoria omg the cinematography, directing, visuals, lighting, the storylines, characters, script. It is art.

1 Like

I might get laughed out of the thread, but The Walking Dead. The Walkers are just amazing as far as makeup etc goes.

2 Likes

Euphoria yes!

1 Like

Schitt$ Creek, 100%. The writing is amazing, the acting is amazing, and the story is amazing. If you haven’t watched it, I highly recommend it!

OMG! Only season one… Which episode?

Episode three.

1 Like

Oh boy, right at the start. HEHE. So you’ve had the showdown in Kenya, yeah? And what Noami, in hospital?

Naomi is definitely in the hospital. And yep the showdown happened. The story is a little rocky but I’m already loving it for some reason. Rn I’m still looking for my favorite character since most of them haven’t really made a notable favorite moment.

1 Like

Uh… that hasn’t happened yet. HEHEHE. Though just wait until you meet Bug. HEHE. … Wasn’t the showdown amazing?! … Oh, what do you think of Lito’s partner? … How do you mean rocky? Oh, really, that’s a pity.

1 Like

Haha finally have time to respond. I’m assuming the showdown is when we learn sun is a kickboxer and if so it was a memorable moment for me. Lito’s partner? You mean Lito multiple partners? Honestly for characters like (still learning their names) Kala, Lito and Wolfgun(?) their stories are kinda meh and have weird pacing. I also still don’t quite understand Lito situation but I do like how flawed his character is. Kala and wolfgun seem to be the final destination couple which is irony considering they are my least favorite. Naomi story could have been done much better especially the daughter mother scene.

the show has a lot of flaws and it feels like it’s throwing out too many ideas that are half finish. Still, I’m addicted to the show. I’m addicted to cliche cop Will with a cliche secret backstory. I’m addicted to Sun story that’s finally getting some attention. To the romance even tho it’s not my main focus. So far it’s not worth dropping and I’m on episode five now.

1 Like

Yes, I was. It’s a great scene. … Whaaat? Nah, Lito only has one partner. We learn who that is in episode two. Lito is the actor in Mexico. … Yeah, I get that, there are A LOT of characters right from the start. … HEHEHE. It’s Wolfgang, he’s the german gangster and Kala is the pharmacist.

How do you mean?

BAHAHAHA. Ironically, I think my fave (non-romantic) 'ship is Sun and Caphesus. HA.

How do you mean?

The flaws part makes me sad. (pouts)
I will say that Will becomes less cliche in season two.

1 Like

lol is it okay to be talking about the show in public? Don’t wanna spoiler that much for anyone.

Ooh well, I’m talking about how the girl is also staying with them. It’s kinda like a weird poly relationship. I see I see his name is Wolfgang.

Why is he letting her stay with them and why is he hiding his love life?

Yeah?! I can kinda see the chemistry and It was kinda sweet how they both open up to each other about their family situation. My ship rn is Will and London girl.

It was just a badly written plot twist, and honestly wish there was more plot with Naomi/Nomi before that scene.

Ha, don’t be! A show can’t be perfect without it flaws (wink).
And I can’t wait to see how the main 8 change in season 2.

(Episode six 30 minutes in last I check).

Closed due to inactivity