Where and How Do I Start?

Hey guys,

Thank you for making me feel welcome yesterday. This format is a bit different than what I’m used to. I know next to nothing about starting threads on SW nor possibly joining threads. Though I’m no stranger to writing and rping, just new formats have me on edge.

Oh, if I’ve labeled this topic wrong please don’t hesitate to correct it! Still new here and I’d like to make a good impression.

8 Likes

Well a good thing to do when finding where to start is thinking about what you want to do first on here, if RPing is something you want to be looking at then I think our rad @RPStaff can probably help with that! :blush: So what would you like to start with?

Also I’m going to move this to general chat

5 Likes

Yes, thank you! I was uncertain about where this should be placed under. I love to write and this is a different format than what I’m used to. Roughly fifteen years in experience (though I can’t do multi-paragraphs, but more comfortable with one-two decent paragraphs.

To start with, hmm… well I’m into the supernatural and ancient history. I dabble in a bit of anime as well.

4 Likes

Well we do have an Anime category so you could always look through the threads on there to see if there’s anything you want to comment on

In terms of writing we have a whole section filled with writing discussions, resources and advice, if you have any stories you want to promote then I suggest looking at our promote your story category infact our share category is great for finding new stories to read! Similarly, if you want feedback on anything you’ve written we have a category for that too!

Our RP section is here incase you want to look around that.

I can’t really help in terms of ancient history but if you wanted to make a thread about it you can do that by pressing the new topic button:

Our category guide is more lengthy but it has an explanation of most of our categories (I think it may need updating)

3 Likes

OMG YOU LIKE RPING?! That’s so cool!?!?qwkmsidj

3 Likes

HA, we’ll be getting you used in no time, don’t worry. :smiling_imp: :smirk:

But like Eleanor says you can just ask us and honestly pretty much anyone you feel a click with. I don’t think there’s anyone at least in the RP community but also in the entire forum that is going to read you down for asking help. It’s a very kind community.

also, don’t worry about the format, you’ll get used to it in no time.

1 Like

YEEE
YOU SHOULD JOIN FAIRYTALED
It’s linked in my bio @Amet
Jk jk, you don’t have to. But I do have a thread for new RPers.

2 Likes

OMGGGGG TYSM FOR THE SHOUTOUT
YES JOIN FAIRYTALED IF YOU WANT

2 Likes

Haha, alright thanks alot for the advice! I’m not a new rper but new here. I love writing one shots with my own OCs but have always gotten terrible feedback from it. So I have a USB drive for all my one-shots I’ve written. Erm, I’ve read fairytailed and it looks interesting for sure. Y’all have been welcoming and it’s refreshing!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity