Kira-Kira and The Trials of Apollo

UPDATE. i finished none of these

Am now reading “The Salt Line”

I’m currently reading

• Clockwork Angels - Cassandra Clare
  • Prince of Thorns - Mark Lawrence
  • Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

Added tags
Embarrassingly, I’m awful at picking out books to read. Add to that the fact that we don’t have a nearby library in my city, making things even worse. It’s not that I don’t like reading, but I never know how to find things to read, and I don’t buy books unless I know I’m going to love them.
So I only read what I have to read for work, like the stories that I’m reading with my students.

3 Likes

The Three-Body Problem by Liu Cixin

The title refers to classical mechanics in calculating/predicting the position of three-point masses around each other. We only know how to actually measure this out with two bodies right now, thus the current exploration in Newtonian physics.

For anyone that likes hardcore astrophysics, that deals with a modern scientific understanding. It’s alien encounters, but mind-blowing physics, higher dimensions, heavy technological references, all woven with mystery elements along the way.

This is a translated book from the original Chinese novel, so I recommend some background knowledge on the country from the great leap forwards movement to now. There are also helpful footnotes at the end explaining cultural references. If you enjoy it, this is just part one in a trilogy that gets even crazier. It’s one of those series where the books actually get better starting from the first.

( 三体) - for the Chinese cover

1 Like

Will be starting The song of Achilles tomorrow and I’m super, super excited!

1 Like

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover…
Just go read it

1 Like

ooh I’ve been thinking about getting that one, tell me if it’s good or not when you get it!

1 Like

ITS SO GOOD
PLSSS ANY MADELINE MILLER BOOK IS FABULOUS

also, currently reading Ready Player One by Ernest Clide

2 Likes

Oh, it’s my all time favourite book, 100%
I was choking on my own tears the whole time. Couldn’t recommend it more!

1 Like

Should read Mark of Athena and The Mockingjay
I’m going to the library today :grin:

Now reading Emma by Jane Austen :relieved:

The secret history by Donna Tartt

1 Like

Struggling reading Shadow Country by Peter Mathiessen… there are so many characters. I mean I definitely can read it and understand it, but it’s not easy. I find it similar to something I’d read in my English class.