A Piece of Advice to Fellow Artists!

Simply, really! Do you have a piece of advice you can give to other writers? Something you feel others can benefit from that maybe someone else passed on to you or that perhaps helped you when you were stuck? Maybe it’s simply something you’ve spent a lot of time and energy on during your art career!

Mine would probably be that it’s perfectly fine to take inspiration from famous or popular artists you love - it’s just as important to take inspiration from your peers! The people here, your friends, and your fellow artists! I take inspiration from many of my peers on these forums, and it has made my art go even further! :hearts:

7 Likes

I really enjoy doing kinds of art challenges or things like that in order to make sure you’re not always drawing the same thing. I find that I can get really bored or uninspired, but there are plenty of interesting prompts and ideas that you can find online that can push you out of your comfort zone and inspire you to draw something new!

It also doesn’t hurt to look at tutorials online for certain things or what how other people get certain affects in order to learn more and expand your skill set!

5 Likes

I strongly agree!

3 Likes

Don’t stop drawing.

3 Likes

tbh this is always solid and always valid

2 Likes

First things first ------ do not plagiarize! That is illegal and it is ripping off someone else’s work that I’m sure they worked damn hard on. :pleading_face: Sometimes you need a little guidance and that is one hundred percent okay, there’s a difference between stealing and becoming inspired by something. Youtube tutorials are also very helpful just be specific with the art styles you want to try out. Whatever you draw doesn’t have to be ‘pretty’, just drawing something a bit random helps me personally find more interest in things I want to draw? If that makes sense.

3 Likes

I just found this thread while going through my drafts and just thought I’d add some things! :wink:

3 Likes

Draw what makes you happy and it’ll probably turn out good and make you feel motivated to draw more (oui, that’s why I draw animals all the time, humans don’t really make me happy) :eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

I would say use references and draw a lot, that’s how you’ll improve! Also, enjoy yourself, don’t be a perfectionist or compare yourself with others. Art can look very different and everyone has their own unique art style :partying_face:

2 Likes

Does anybody else have any advice? I’m going to @Artists because this is definitely very interesting.

4 Likes

Here’s a tip: Taking a pic of the drawing from afar with your phone often helps u see mistakes u didn’t know where there before! Especially good if u flip the picture!

3 Likes

Drawing vertical lines is much easier than drawing horizontal lines, and drawing top-bottom lines if often easier than drawing bottom-up. Turning your paper (or digital canvas) around to draw your lines from a better (vertical) angle is a huge help :slight_smile:

Other than that, the art world is actually stacked with super helpful advice, tutorials, step-by-step videos, etc. It’s a tremendous advantage: You can get actual super helpful, super comprehensive help that’ll help you with your art on a technical level. The art community is generally very supportive and very dedicated to helping other artists improve. It’s something that simply does not exist in writing world. So go to the dedicated art sites and take advantage of that.

2 Likes
  1. have an art platform

2. start digital art by drawing outlines of different celeberties then paint them on a different layer

Don’t give up. DO NOT GIVE UP. You’l be defeated at times but you’re getting there. It doesn’t matter if you take baby steps, if you want to make yourself feel better, then compare your oldest and newest artwork, you’ll see the difference. You can also recreate an old drawing to see your improvment.

1 Like

Yes, yes, don’t give up! This is sooo true! And I feel like I just want to remind @ChaoticDeluge of this too. (wink) HEHEHE.

Oh, and @FuzilladeBlue too, just 'cause!

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity