A Prompt RP for Anyone at Anytime

Shayani Ray To Spencer

Shayani curved her lips into a smile. The guy’s assumption could be a possibility as well but most of the guys she approached or she had been approached by, with intentions of dating, had backed off as soon as they came. They probably thought Shayani was weird. That she participated in a speed dating events with almost no intentions of dating ant just to practise the techniques of expression reading, was a mood. "That might have been the case. I’m still trying to figure out.", she replied with a shrug adjusting the bridge of her glasses with her index finger.

The guy leaned in, trying to make effort but it was still evident that he was skeptical about the idea. "Right, I should’ve introduced myself. I’m Shayani Ray, college student, 3rd year.", she introduced herself and extended her hand. "I have made a few acquaintances. I even still hangout with them, in my basement.", she added, in an oddly cold voice, with a smirk before chuckling softly. "Just kidding"

1 Like

Emmet Riley

With Constance Fuller

Emmet wasn’t certain quite what to expect from the woman who sat down in front of him, but he certainly wouldn’t have predicted the voice that reached his ears as she began to speak. “Hello, I am twenty one.” Emmet couldn’t deny that he was young, his birthday only having been a few days prior, but he wasn’t just a young kid. He was already a college graduate on a path to success. “and I do computer programming.” He paused for just a moment after answering her questions before returning the same questions she had asked him. “What is it that you do, and how old are you? I’m Emmet.”

2 Likes

Spencer Thornton - To Shayani Ray - @OhSumana

He noticed that she seemed to shrug a lot. Either she was a rather casual chick who went with the flow or the more likely option, she was just trying to act as if she didn’t really care so much. Uptight and desperate girls usually did this. “Yeah, here’s a bit of advice. For free too, so take it. Guys don’t like chicks who try hard, just chill and don’t bother. Then you’ll see some interest.”
Spencer looked over her shoulder at another chick who caught his eye, but looked back at her upon hearing the word basement, impressed. He chucked. “Nice. You can crack a joke. It might even be nice to meet you. I’m Spencer or Spence, or God if that’s what you’d like to scream out.” He smiled smugly. “Alright, Miss vague college student, I work in construction, fully qualified, and am also doing a part apprentiship in carpentry.”

Constance Fuller - To Emmet Riley - @Littlefeets

“You do computer programming,” Constance repeated with a hum to her voice. She was trying to sound interested and not too uncomfortable with this child who was still grasping at puberty. “Constance, that’s me. I’m a 27 year old, a scientist in the field of biological science and am working on my PHD. It’s slow-going but as is discoveries, they don’t just happen like that. It takes patience, time, and research.”

1 Like

Shayani Ray - To Spencer

Shayani’s smile grew slightly small as she titled her head a little, in curiosity. "A free advice? I’m all ears.", she responded showing interest in what he had to offer. Momentarily, a chuckle lit up her expressions, upon hearing the results of his detection. She nodded her head. "Nice one", she replied, "But what if I tell you that I haven’t been trying at all? At least not in ‘that’ way…if I’m being honest.", she added, being ‘vague’ as Spencer had already noticed, to prioritize his reactions and responses.

Shayani’s eyes lit up catching the obvious hint in his introduction. His unstable gaze and position of hands on the table as he introduced himself, hinted that he was a casual flirt. Shayani appreciated the effort and curled up her plump lips into a equally naughty smirk in response. "Maybe you’ll be able to discover what I actually scream out later, if we it goes smoothly between us. And I assure you that it’s definitely not ‘God’", she noted leaning in only a little.

"Ah, carpentry. That’s why you’re giving off vibes of creativity.", Shayani added, avoiding the ‘vague’ comment. She had deducted that already from the way his eyes lingered in focus at whatever interested him, his mind jumped from here to there trying take in all of his surroundings. Now only his confirmation was needed.

1 Like

Spencer Thornton - To Shayani Ray

She responded to his advice, ensuring him that she hadn’t actually been trying, like he was suggesting she had. “Yeah, sure, girl,” Spencer retorted with a short scornful laugh. “Yeah, okay, you’re not trying. Not sure who you’re trying to fool, but it ain’t me.”
Shayani flirted back and she had Spencer hooked on every word, like a moth to a flame. His brows rose again and his attention was all hers. Spencer was suddenly a typical horney younger male. “Maybe, huh?” There was a chance that she was just a tease but right now his ‘dancing brain’ was in full control and couldn’t think about that. “Why wait? If we’re both interested, we don’t have to stick around here… unless, you know, you’re into that. Being in public and all.” She spoke of his job again but his train of thought had one track. “Yes, I can be creative, if more than one way, sweetheart.”

Also, I think it’s your post on Started with a Prompt. (wink)

1 Like

Prompt Eighteen

Four groups of adventurers had been trekking through the jungle for days, and slowly, each group was about to discover what they had been looking for was here in front of them. It was the towering lost temples that had been lost to time and swallowed up by the dense vines.

The group who were now standing in from the temples was lead by the experienced and lethal warrior, Héloïse Günther. Nearby was the adorably deadly second-in-command, Kagawa Mochizuki, who was never without a flame thrower nor sword coated in sulfur mustard. One of the other two was Danya Kutnyakova, who is flamboyant and flirty, but still rather inexperienced. While the other was Volodymyr Macron, the only one of whom has a touch of magic. The power of limited garden magic.

The next group, who were only a 10-minute walk from the temple, were a pair. One was a giant named Wilhelmina Whisperwood; the muscle. While the other was a Gremlin named Ike Wiles; the brains.

Another group, who weren’t doing particularly well, as they had been unknowingly circling the temples for a few hours. Probably due to having five members but no leader. They were:

• Alyce Masterson, who had killer aim with a crossbow and always had a thermos full of tea.
  • Ardyn Mistborne, a bubbly airhead with a magically enchanted pen that could not only unlock anything but also magically translate any language if copied.
  • Sammael Schaeffer, a ditzy soft-hearted map-maker with only one torn faded map left in possession.
  • Sarah Rodway, someone who is funny and pretentious, with impeccable balance, and tremendous grip and strength when climbing.
  • Xavier Masterson is Alyce’s younger sibling. A stubborn, reckless, and arrogant adventurer who got stuck with an empty bottle and a cursed vase on the last adventure.

As for the fourth group, it was lead by the careful and wistful, Cosmos, wielder of the power to manipulate oxygen. Cosmos’ best friend was the damaged yet determined, Phantom. One who wields the power of Spell Absorption. The pair also had two others with them, the slightly depressing, Keishara who instilled false confidence in others while also wielding the power of dowsing. The other was the quirky and overly-protective, Báðýt, who has intangibility magic. This group set off late and isn’t anywhere near it yet.

@RPers, anyone can take a character from this post and just join the prompt.

4 Likes

Xavier Masterson

Xavier had been circling the old, but beautiful temples for an hour now, and he was not pleased with what he was doing. There wasn’t any progress and he was getting irritated by the insects who had decided to stick to his arms and legs. “What are we even supposed to do here?!” he yelled out of annoyance, which didn’t draw his groupmates’ attention. They were used to his stupid tantrums. This made him even angrier. “Ugh, where is our leader? Maybe they would have known! Oh, wait, we don’t even have a leader!” he yelled even louder, wanting for someone to notice him. “I think I would have made a wonderful leader if it weren’t for the useless, empty bottle and the fxcking cursed vase I got! Like, what am I supposed to do with this-” he paused and looked at his arms and legs. “Oh, these damned insects!” he stomped his feet and wiggled his arms to get rid of them. “They just had to stick to me! It must be ‘Let’s all annoy Xavier day’ today because I have the worst luck!” he continued complaining and again, waited for someone to come to him. “Hey! Hey! Is no one able to listen to me? Are y’all fxcking deaf?!” he crossed his arms and cursed about his pathetic groupmates.

3 Likes

Alyce Masterson

Alyce was walking near to Sammael, trying to sneak glances at the tattered map they were carrying. Neither had spoken many words to each other though. They just kept walking, unbeknownst that they were walking in a circle repeatedly. She was distracted from her latest sneak peek at the map by her annoying little brother. “What are we even supposed to do here?!”, he yelled out from the back of the group. He went on and after a minute or so, they all halted in their tracks.
Turning slowly in irritation on the soles of her boots, Alyce retorted, “Maybe if you used your head a little more, you wouldn’t have touched that stupid vase. But by all mean, please, entertain us again by trying to unstick it from your hand. I don’t know what glue magic was used but it’s f^cking hilarious watching you try to get it off.” She then mirrored him smugly, crossing her arms too. “Why don’t you stop being the annoying one and try to be useful for the first in your life?”

@RPers, PLEASE COME JOIN THE PROMPT?!
Anyone can take a character from the above post and just join in.

4 Likes

Sarah Rodway

The journey was defnitely long and rough and it didn’t help that the group was lost. Sarah had tried to lighten the mood by telling a few jokes but it’s been hours now and honestly she was exhausted. As she sat down on one of the temple steps feeling the hot sun beaming down on her, she heard two of her group mates arguing. Of course one of them was Xavier who was complaining the whole time they were walking down here, but now it was Alice who was her friend but often bumped heads with. Well, she lazily walked over to them. “Hey guys, I don’t think arguing is the best option right now so maybe try being…I don’t know…Civil?” Then she turned to Xavier. “Especially you sir. You’ve been complaining this entire trip.”

@elixr

@CrazyCaliope

3 Likes

Prompt Nineteen

Noir

From across the room, Jack watched as she blew smoke out of her glossy lips and flashed a quick but disarming smile. Well, Jack thought. She doesn’t look like a murderer.
Elegantly, Matilda pulled the 100 (100mm cigarette) away from her mouth as she gracefully draped her body over the chair, giving Jack her partial attention. “Why have you insisted in me coming to your office, Freeman? Is everything copacetic?”
Jack leaned in, as if the answers he was giving her were a secret. “You’re no Dumb Dora, Ms Sparrow, we know what went down at the Gin Mill.”

3 Likes

RPsy Janey Orange

Janey dashed down the corridor. “I’m late, I’m late!”
She whispered, trying to avoid a man in the hall. She couldn’t look back, but heard his drink had spilled. “Sorry!” She called back as she rounded the corner sharply. Janey rushed passed the door in her haste. She skidded to a halt and stepped back several times. She tucked her auburn hairs behind her ears and knocked on the door. She nodded her apology, her bright blue eye shining behind a thin framed pair of glasses. “Sorry I’m late,” she said as she swiftly took a seat in the back of the room.

3 Likes

“A woman in spectacles with a crop of auburn hair and plump stout thighs walked into my office,” narrated the man sat behind a desk. He was hatless, as it rested on the desk next to the typewriter that one hand was poised over. The other hand was holding a cigar that he’d recently been puffing on; the room was a cloud of smoke. The man’s shirt was awry, his tie was loose, and his legs were stretched out on the corner of the desk, ankles crossed. “Williams didn’t recognise the woman and wondered if she had indeed stumbled into the wrong office.”

3 Likes

Hey @RPers, any can continue either of these two scene happening above for prompt 19… OR start a new one with a noir story!

3 Likes

Ms Sparrow held the thinly veiled smile, choosing so to only answer with another drag from her ciggy. She knew, and more so, had chosen to arrive today knowing that he was here to interrogate her. It made the game all the more elusive, although Jack was nothing new himself.

It was the perfume for him, that wafted and choked the air out more than the fumes from each puff, and yet somehow familiar. He leaned forwards, resting his chin on his hands and for a fraction, her smile shifted again. Where exactly had he caught that fragrance before?

“Mr Freeman, when asked a question, I’d expect a response. My time is precious and while I’ve set aside some of it for you, no one can be too greedy with what they have.” Maybe she detected the same conclusions he was leaning towards.

“How about I tell you a story,” Jack responded, “I’m sure the authorities are having a ball trying to piece together the nightclub, but I think you’ll be very much interested in this little tale.” Of course, the perfume did stand out for a reason. It was Jack’s turn to hide a smile, a knowing feeling that allowed him to rest back against his seat.

“You see, I have a colleague,” Jack continued, “We’ll call him Mr Williams. He had quite a strange encounter not too long ago with an interesting Ms Orange. It was only through his manuscripts that I came across this story. He has an excellent penchant for literature.”

If Matilda recognized this Ms Orange character, she didn’t betray anything, though Jack expect that to change soon.

3 Likes

Prompt Twenty

Zac woke up in large, clean and white king-sized bed. His yawned loudly and rubbed his eyes to remove any gunk before opening them. A foot kicked his leg, he had been too loud. “Ouch,” he muttered. … WAIT! A foot? He lived alone.
“Maisie, quiet. Why are you not more hungover?”, a voice said, which Zac could only assume came from the foot’s owner.
“Uh, sorry chick, think you needa wake and go home,” Zac told her groggily.
“Lay off it, Maise, we are home.”
Zac’s eyes flew open at the mention of being home and saw one large recessed light in the white ceiling above the bed. Sitting upright, he didn’t see his messy place, but a spacious apartment with a modern interior. Nothing around him that he recognised. Turning to the bedside table where his phone lay, he picked it up. Two things struck him as he stared at the reflection in dark screen.
One, it wasn’t his phone.
Two, it wasn’t his reflection.

Maisie’s head was throbbing. Not just from the intense alcohol-induced headache she had from the before, but also from the odours in her nose. It twitched, getting a stronger mix of spices and sweaty gym socks. Making her insides turn, she rolled over on her pillow only making the smell of body odour stronger.
“Keeleigh, it’s too early for laundry. Why are you more hungover?”, she complained, in a voice much deeper than her own.
In reply, a shout from outside the room, in a language that she didn’t understand.
“What?” Maisie sat bolt upright, eyes springing open. Within seconds of looking at her surroundings, she worked out that part of the smell came from the various piles of masculine clothing around the room. Although shock hit her when she looked down at her hairy brown masculine arms.

DING DONG!
Kartik rolled over in bed.
DING DONG!
“MA!”, Kartik called out loudly. No answer. So he yelled out to her in Hindi, “Get the door.” Then again, when he got no answer, he rolled out of bed. Feet on the hard wood floor, adjusting his pyjama shorts and shirt unconsciously, he tried to leave the room. SMACK! Kartik face hit the wall. He groaned and felt for the door frame along the wall, which was about a metre away. Finding it, he stumbled out into the unfamiliar hall, feeling for the banister at the top of the stairs. Not feeling it, he finally opened his eyes to a hall that wasn’t his parents’ home.
DING DONG! DING DONG!
Looking up the short hallway to the semi-transparent glass door at the end, he carefully walked to it, checking in the three other rooms on the way - no one was in them. Kartik opened the door to an older woman and a small boy. “Mummy,” the small boy screamed and his legs.
Kartik cringed, looking at the woman for a little help. She didn’t. She only looked at him with disapproval. “Still in bed, Viktoria, it’s nine o’clock.”

Vikki was already awake, had been for almost half an hour. She was ignoring the splitting headache from the excessive drinking from the night before. She was just staring; staring at her reflection in a large sliding wardrobe door-mirror. She was a he; shirtless and not too bad looking, but a he nevertheless. Though a little more butch, the room was similar to her own in style; both were a mix of modern-retro and homey. It would have been nice had it not been for the fact that she wasn’t in her own body.
Vikki looked at the time on the bedside clock. 9:04. Little Zayn would be being dropped off soon, at her house. She dashed out of the room and ran through an unknown house. Opening the door straight opposite, she lay eyes on another male behind it. It was the bathroom and he was peeing.
“Dude, what the-”
She shut the door pronto and raced down the hall until she found the kitchen, where a second male ate breakfast. “Woah, Zac, where’s the fire?”
She looked at him and asked gruffly, “Phone?”
He gave her a confused expression and pointed to the corner of a bench. She rushed over and dialled her home number.

2 Likes

Kartik

‘Viktoria’

Now it was Kartik’s turn to almost snort a laughter, which appeared more to the innocent kid and the lady that Viktoria had officially lost her mind. What perplexed the two even more was ‘Viktoria’ uttering something in a totally foreign language, a curse in Hindi, and continued to laugh.

"Dang it, man! Looks like I watched too many cinemas last night. They’re even haunting me in my dreams. , he quipped as his thoughtful yet comical speculation. “'Kay, very good. Get lost now. Gotta get up and go to college.”, he was about to close the door. He must have control over his own dream right? But kid irritatingly clung to his leg even more, pouting his lips as if he was about to cry. “Mummy! Why aa youw talking like that?”, the poor boy was scared.

Kartik or Viktoria nose scrunched up at the sight of some of random boy calling him, 'mummy’ making his pants dirty with his snot. “Eh?! What’s wrong with you?! Eww!”, he exclaimed and that moment he realised that the voice was not his own.

1 Like

Viktoria . . . and partly Kartik

“What did you drink last night, Zac?”, cereal man asked. “Better yet, why did last night have to be the one I could make?!”
Vikki ignored him, listening to the ringing in the receiver.

Viktoria’s mother stared. “Are you feeling alright, darling? Shall I come in and take care of you both today?”
Kartik stared back, then down at the kid. “You know me? You sure you know-” The phone started ringing before he could finish. He turned his head to see where the ringing was coming from.
But the boy let go of his leg and said, “I’ww geth it, mummy,” running happily down the hall.

Vikki waited impatiently, worried about her boy. At least until she heard his voice on the other end, “Hewwo, I am Zayn on the phone.”
“Zayn, my big boy,” she told him with relief, obviously not with her voice. “Is grandma or grandpa there?”
“Who aa you?”
“It’s… Vikki. Can you get one of them, please?”
“Who?” Zayn dropped the phone on the floor and ran off yelling, “Mummy, Vikki is in the phone.”

1 Like

Vikki is Viktoria’s sister?

1 Like

No, Vikki is Viktoria, but in Zac’s body.
So Vikki is in Zac’s body, Zac is in Maisie’s body, Maisie is in Kartik’s body, and Kartik is in Vikki’s body.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: RPers General Chat