A Prompt RP for Anyone at Anytime

Are we doing this by taking and making new characters now? I recall it used to be a finish the story type of thing

2 Likes

Yes it used to be. But at some point, some made characters so we just went along with it

2 Likes

Who asked that? Constance or the girl?

2 Likes

That’s actually two separate people. This is all Constance talking to the guy at the table she sat down at.

And this is all Spencer talking to the gal who just sat down at his table.

2 Likes

Oh, okay! I got confused for a sec then realised that Constance is a girl :sob:
I’m so dumb-

2 Likes

Shayani Ray

Eyebrows making a bounce to her forehead in amusement, she tapped her fingernails on the surface of the table softly , as her dark brown eyes brushed over the expressions and posture of the person sitting on the other side of the table. It was quite an interesting game, observing the faintest change in features of the person on the other side, and drawing a thoughtful conclusion. The curve of lips, the relaxed eye muscles, the direction of gaze that portrayed boredom and lethargy (of Spencer) - all these were calculated decisions. After a period of time, there would be a new face, a new game to play. Speed dating indeed was an interesting game.

Shayani smiled in response to the question, stopping the tapping as the sound seemed to annoy him. "I am", she replied resting her chin upon her fist, "So, who came up with this crazy idea for you? It’s not really your thing, is it?", she inquired, in a curious yet confident tone, as her eyes shove brightly behind the rimless glasses, mainly to see how he reacted and to know which of her 13 predictions matched with the real one.

1 Like

Spencer Thornton

He wasn’t looking at her, he had no interest to, far more interested in the goings-on around the room. Watching all the other new potential couples talking for the first time. Spencer heard her answer his question and contorted his face as if in agony. As he felt pained to be sitting in front of the brainless. His eyes finally looked at the brown-eyed beauty sitting before him.
Spencer clicked his tongue, “Beauty saloon was better than school for you then, or does your hearing need tested? I asked how long you’ve been single, not if you are. Committed people aren’t usually at these things,” Spencer scoffed. “Nah, it’s not my thing. I lost a bet and coming here was in the terms.”

1 Like

Shayani Ray

Tilting her head to side, she followed his gaze sideways momentarily noticing him taking interest in other potential couples. His eyes shone and simultaneously one of his hands faced the direction of the table he stared at. However, all features were altered back to the previous form, as his attention returned back to his own table, relaxed muscles contorting in displeasure.

Now it was Shayani’s turn to feel slightly awkward. In the fun of analyzing human behavior and expression reading, she had not even listened to his words attentively. "Sorry, my bad…", she brought her palm to her neck, rubbing the side with an apologetic smile on her face, "It’s been awhile. I can’t remember exactly. I think it’s been almost a year," she replied, chuckling off the ‘beauty saloon’ remark. Though she wore nothing too classy, just casual black outfit that complimented her bronze skin. Perhaps it was long black hair with red highlights put up in a ponytail in a slightly messy way that gave him that impression.

"Thought so," she responded shrugging her shoulders, "Though sometimes social events like this are good, unless you feel anxious in any way. It doesn’t have to be all about dating, it could be for making new friends.", she added

1 Like

Spencer Thornton - To Shayani Ray

Spencer scoffed, “Ha. You’ve been single for a year? No sh^t. Guess you can’t keep 'em happy to make them stay around.” Sucking into his cheeks, Spencer let it out with a loud sigh and let his chair crash forward as he did. Leaning an arm on the table and the other casually down at his side. “Alright then, I’ll bite, I can pretend to take an interest. What is it that you do?”
The woman responded to the reason he gave for being here. “Yeah, it could, couldn’t it. I could make be here to make friends, like you. How many friends have you made at these things?”

Constance Fuller

Constance sat down at her first speed dating table in front of a young freckle-faced thing. Too young, perhaps? Maybe. But there was only one way to find out… ask! She tucked both her short black hair behind her ears, then asked in a huskier voice than one would have perceived, “Hi. How old are you? What do you do to survive?”

Still waiting for the guy, whose table it is, to reply to her. It can be anyone.

Danny Brum

Danny had turned his chair around and was straddling it, resting his arms on top of the chair’s back. A lady sat down and Danny greeted her with a winning smile. " 'ello beau’iful, 'ow’s it going tonight? I not on your nelly would 'ave imagined that someone as lovely as yer would ever attend an event such as this!"

Waiting for a girl to approach

@RPers, you can either reply to one of my two free characters or create your own for someone to approach. Or both. There are plenty of tables.

4 Likes

Camila Hart - To Danny Brum

Camila slowly walked to a random table and sat down, taking off her earphones. She gave her best smile at the guy that ended up looking awkward rather than charming. But well, she tried her best. “Sup? I’m Camila.” she introduced herself in a deep, uninterested tone. The guy was really enthusiastic which annoyed her a bit. “My nelly what?” she furrowed her eyebrows, confused at what he had just said. "But, uh, thanks… I guess? For calling me lovely…"

3 Likes

Danny Brum

Pleased that the girl smiled back, he put out his hand to her to greet her, lift himself slightly in his seat. “Camila, I’m Danny. Chicken and rice meet yer.” Danny hadn’t really noticed her tone and merely laughed at her questioning nelly. “Nah, not on your nelly means never, so I wouldn’t believe it, is all I mean’. An’ your welcome, girl.”

3 Likes

Shayani Ray To Spencer

Shayani curved her lips into a smile. The guy’s assumption could be a possibility as well but most of the guys she approached or she had been approached by, with intentions of dating, had backed off as soon as they came. They probably thought Shayani was weird. That she participated in a speed dating events with almost no intentions of dating ant just to practise the techniques of expression reading, was a mood. "That might have been the case. I’m still trying to figure out.", she replied with a shrug adjusting the bridge of her glasses with her index finger.

The guy leaned in, trying to make effort but it was still evident that he was skeptical about the idea. "Right, I should’ve introduced myself. I’m Shayani Ray, college student, 3rd year.", she introduced herself and extended her hand. "I have made a few acquaintances. I even still hangout with them, in my basement.", she added, in an oddly cold voice, with a smirk before chuckling softly. "Just kidding"

1 Like

Emmet Riley

With Constance Fuller

Emmet wasn’t certain quite what to expect from the woman who sat down in front of him, but he certainly wouldn’t have predicted the voice that reached his ears as she began to speak. “Hello, I am twenty one.” Emmet couldn’t deny that he was young, his birthday only having been a few days prior, but he wasn’t just a young kid. He was already a college graduate on a path to success. “and I do computer programming.” He paused for just a moment after answering her questions before returning the same questions she had asked him. “What is it that you do, and how old are you? I’m Emmet.”

2 Likes

Spencer Thornton - To Shayani Ray - @OhSumana

He noticed that she seemed to shrug a lot. Either she was a rather casual chick who went with the flow or the more likely option, she was just trying to act as if she didn’t really care so much. Uptight and desperate girls usually did this. “Yeah, here’s a bit of advice. For free too, so take it. Guys don’t like chicks who try hard, just chill and don’t bother. Then you’ll see some interest.”
Spencer looked over her shoulder at another chick who caught his eye, but looked back at her upon hearing the word basement, impressed. He chucked. “Nice. You can crack a joke. It might even be nice to meet you. I’m Spencer or Spence, or God if that’s what you’d like to scream out.” He smiled smugly. “Alright, Miss vague college student, I work in construction, fully qualified, and am also doing a part apprentiship in carpentry.”

Constance Fuller - To Emmet Riley - @Littlefeets

“You do computer programming,” Constance repeated with a hum to her voice. She was trying to sound interested and not too uncomfortable with this child who was still grasping at puberty. “Constance, that’s me. I’m a 27 year old, a scientist in the field of biological science and am working on my PHD. It’s slow-going but as is discoveries, they don’t just happen like that. It takes patience, time, and research.”

1 Like

Shayani Ray - To Spencer

Shayani’s smile grew slightly small as she titled her head a little, in curiosity. "A free advice? I’m all ears.", she responded showing interest in what he had to offer. Momentarily, a chuckle lit up her expressions, upon hearing the results of his detection. She nodded her head. "Nice one", she replied, "But what if I tell you that I haven’t been trying at all? At least not in ‘that’ way…if I’m being honest.", she added, being ‘vague’ as Spencer had already noticed, to prioritize his reactions and responses.

Shayani’s eyes lit up catching the obvious hint in his introduction. His unstable gaze and position of hands on the table as he introduced himself, hinted that he was a casual flirt. Shayani appreciated the effort and curled up her plump lips into a equally naughty smirk in response. "Maybe you’ll be able to discover what I actually scream out later, if we it goes smoothly between us. And I assure you that it’s definitely not ‘God’", she noted leaning in only a little.

"Ah, carpentry. That’s why you’re giving off vibes of creativity.", Shayani added, avoiding the ‘vague’ comment. She had deducted that already from the way his eyes lingered in focus at whatever interested him, his mind jumped from here to there trying take in all of his surroundings. Now only his confirmation was needed.

1 Like

Spencer Thornton - To Shayani Ray

She responded to his advice, ensuring him that she hadn’t actually been trying, like he was suggesting she had. “Yeah, sure, girl,” Spencer retorted with a short scornful laugh. “Yeah, okay, you’re not trying. Not sure who you’re trying to fool, but it ain’t me.”
Shayani flirted back and she had Spencer hooked on every word, like a moth to a flame. His brows rose again and his attention was all hers. Spencer was suddenly a typical horney younger male. “Maybe, huh?” There was a chance that she was just a tease but right now his ‘dancing brain’ was in full control and couldn’t think about that. “Why wait? If we’re both interested, we don’t have to stick around here… unless, you know, you’re into that. Being in public and all.” She spoke of his job again but his train of thought had one track. “Yes, I can be creative, if more than one way, sweetheart.”

Also, I think it’s your post on Started with a Prompt. (wink)

1 Like

Prompt Eighteen

Four groups of adventurers had been trekking through the jungle for days, and slowly, each group was about to discover what they had been looking for was here in front of them. It was the towering lost temples that had been lost to time and swallowed up by the dense vines.

The group who were now standing in from the temples was lead by the experienced and lethal warrior, Héloïse Günther. Nearby was the adorably deadly second-in-command, Kagawa Mochizuki, who was never without a flame thrower nor sword coated in sulfur mustard. One of the other two was Danya Kutnyakova, who is flamboyant and flirty, but still rather inexperienced. While the other was Volodymyr Macron, the only one of whom has a touch of magic. The power of limited garden magic.

The next group, who were only a 10-minute walk from the temple, were a pair. One was a giant named Wilhelmina Whisperwood; the muscle. While the other was a Gremlin named Ike Wiles; the brains.

Another group, who weren’t doing particularly well, as they had been unknowingly circling the temples for a few hours. Probably due to having five members but no leader. They were:

• Alyce Masterson, who had killer aim with a crossbow and always had a thermos full of tea.
  • Ardyn Mistborne, a bubbly airhead with a magically enchanted pen that could not only unlock anything but also magically translate any language if copied.
  • Sammael Schaeffer, a ditzy soft-hearted map-maker with only one torn faded map left in possession.
  • Sarah Rodway, someone who is funny and pretentious, with impeccable balance, and tremendous grip and strength when climbing.
  • Xavier Masterson is Alyce’s younger sibling. A stubborn, reckless, and arrogant adventurer who got stuck with an empty bottle and a cursed vase on the last adventure.

As for the fourth group, it was lead by the careful and wistful, Cosmos, wielder of the power to manipulate oxygen. Cosmos’ best friend was the damaged yet determined, Phantom. One who wields the power of Spell Absorption. The pair also had two others with them, the slightly depressing, Keishara who instilled false confidence in others while also wielding the power of dowsing. The other was the quirky and overly-protective, Báðýt, who has intangibility magic. This group set off late and isn’t anywhere near it yet.

@RPers, anyone can take a character from this post and just join the prompt.

4 Likes

Xavier Masterson

Xavier had been circling the old, but beautiful temples for an hour now, and he was not pleased with what he was doing. There wasn’t any progress and he was getting irritated by the insects who had decided to stick to his arms and legs. “What are we even supposed to do here?!” he yelled out of annoyance, which didn’t draw his groupmates’ attention. They were used to his stupid tantrums. This made him even angrier. “Ugh, where is our leader? Maybe they would have known! Oh, wait, we don’t even have a leader!” he yelled even louder, wanting for someone to notice him. “I think I would have made a wonderful leader if it weren’t for the useless, empty bottle and the fxcking cursed vase I got! Like, what am I supposed to do with this-” he paused and looked at his arms and legs. “Oh, these damned insects!” he stomped his feet and wiggled his arms to get rid of them. “They just had to stick to me! It must be ‘Let’s all annoy Xavier day’ today because I have the worst luck!” he continued complaining and again, waited for someone to come to him. “Hey! Hey! Is no one able to listen to me? Are y’all fxcking deaf?!” he crossed his arms and cursed about his pathetic groupmates.

3 Likes

Alyce Masterson

Alyce was walking near to Sammael, trying to sneak glances at the tattered map they were carrying. Neither had spoken many words to each other though. They just kept walking, unbeknownst that they were walking in a circle repeatedly. She was distracted from her latest sneak peek at the map by her annoying little brother. “What are we even supposed to do here?!”, he yelled out from the back of the group. He went on and after a minute or so, they all halted in their tracks.
Turning slowly in irritation on the soles of her boots, Alyce retorted, “Maybe if you used your head a little more, you wouldn’t have touched that stupid vase. But by all mean, please, entertain us again by trying to unstick it from your hand. I don’t know what glue magic was used but it’s f^cking hilarious watching you try to get it off.” She then mirrored him smugly, crossing her arms too. “Why don’t you stop being the annoying one and try to be useful for the first in your life?”

@RPers, PLEASE COME JOIN THE PROMPT?!
Anyone can take a character from the above post and just join in.

4 Likes

Sarah Rodway

The journey was defnitely long and rough and it didn’t help that the group was lost. Sarah had tried to lighten the mood by telling a few jokes but it’s been hours now and honestly she was exhausted. As she sat down on one of the temple steps feeling the hot sun beaming down on her, she heard two of her group mates arguing. Of course one of them was Xavier who was complaining the whole time they were walking down here, but now it was Alice who was her friend but often bumped heads with. Well, she lazily walked over to them. “Hey guys, I don’t think arguing is the best option right now so maybe try being…I don’t know…Civil?” Then she turned to Xavier. “Especially you sir. You’ve been complaining this entire trip.”

@elixr

@CrazyCaliope

3 Likes