A Three-Tier Cake Kingdom

So, here I was world-building (when am I not world-building?)…when I realized…

Description: This kingdom is roughly set up like an archery target painted on a mountain. The bullseye is the tower/foretress where the royals live. The segment surrounding that are general high society families, the ring around that is the middle/merchant class, and the surrounding outer ring is low class. Each segment is built on a higher and higher incline.

Rough Sketch:

…ok, so it looks more like a cake. I must have been hungry when I thought of the layout. The bottom tier has farmland and mines. The swirls on the side are roadways.

4 Likes

IT’S A WEDDING CAKE (which actually fits to the story) :smile_cat:

2 Likes

In a way, it does.

2 Likes

Omg I should use this for world-building!

2 Likes

Cake-shaped kingdoms sound like they’d make a good fit for any confectionery-based stories. :rofl: I just couldn’t help but laugh when I realized that what I had imagined was subconsciously aided by my stomach.

2 Likes

Who knows? You could make a story with a confectionery kingdom.

2 Likes

Actually, I totally would. It’s now added to my list of stories to write. Right after mermen, fairies, elves, and feline shifters.

2 Likes

Holy shimata- that’s a lot of fantasy stories. I’ve been trying to revamp my fantasy-mystery story for the longest!

2 Likes

That’s one kind of story I feel I can’t do. I’ve been struggling with a strictly non-fantasy, realistic-ish crime story for years and years. The main character isn’t even someone I created, it’s my art friend’s character. I’m lucky and grateful that she trusts me so much with the little guy to write out his story. But, researching for it makes me cross-eyed after a while. :rofl: Researching injuries, laws, and limitations…both physically and legally…That’s why I prefer fantasy where I can just make it up as I go along (although grounding what I make up in reality takes research, as well…I have way more flexibility in terms of how realistic it needs to be…creative license! That’s the term).

2 Likes

Oh, I definitely agree. There’s a sense of realism that needs to be built into non-fantasy stories. But my fantasy-mystery is much more fantasy, with a kingdom, various creatures, and magic, with mystery elements (the plot, the MC, and the villain as well as the curse.)

For my actual mystery/thriller stories, I just watch a bunch of Korean dramas and start writing from there. Of course I do research, but I create an idea (possible and plausible), and work my way up from there. Secondly, I watch a lot of Investigation Discovery with my mom.

I wanna see your fantasy stories, though.

2 Likes

One of my better ones is a wyvern-fantasy based story called The Dawn’s Dusk… It’s BL/LGBTQ+ friendly and can also be found here- The Dawn’s Dusk - Fiction - Gay Authors

3 Likes

I will read it :eyes:

2 Likes

Michi’s hunger influenced a whole world (well, not a real world and it’s just the layout of a kingdom… but still!) :joy:

@Writers Do you like the cake? Ever had something like this happen to you?

3 Likes

Oms! Where do I have to sign to get a membership of this kingdom?

1 Like

:rofl: It’s not actually made up of real cake, but one of these days I’m totally writing a confectionary-based story with a world hansel and gretel would get lost in.

2 Likes

A story about evil people eating the cake kingdom :eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know…even the good people would want to eat it. :joy:

1 Like

Closed due to Inactivity.