A tutorial on Covet Fashion (app)

Covet Fashion is a free fashion/style-based game for Android and iOS. The game allows you to dress up an avatar (you can change elements of the avatar like hair, makeup, and skin tone at any time), and dress her in clothes by real fashion designers. You win garments in the game to dress up your avatar with, and the game is great fun for anyone who likes fashion, dress-up games or simulation games.

After downloading and installing the game on your mobile phone or tablet, you can get started! You can choose to either link the game with your Facebook account (a bit more on that later) or play without linking it. I definitely recommend linking the game with your Facebook, so you can add friends, which will come in handy during challenges later.

About the game

Once you get into the game, you’ll see a sidebar with various choices.

• Inbox: Receive your daily allowance of 100 diamonds and 20 tickets, and any event rewards you win.
  • Home: Find the results of previous challenges here.
  • Style Challenges: The main page where you enter challenges for money and prizes.
  • Vote on Looks: Vote on the looks in previous challenges to earn tickets.
  • Shop: Go shopping in the in-game “mall” for more clothing options for your model.
  • Shop Online: A real online shopping mall featuring some of the real-life clothing and designers used in the game.
  • Fashion Feed: News about fashion in and out of the game.
  • Fashion House: Join a group of other Covet players, compete for prizes, chat, and ask for advice on your looks.
  • Record Gameplay: It may not be available on all devices; record your gameplay and post it to social media sites.
  • Get Cash & Diamonds: Buy premium currency, or complete surveys and offers for free diamonds (more on that below)
  • Premium Store: Buy premium currency here.
  • Account: Change your username, Facebook account details, etc. here.
Winning Top Look

I think it’s safe to say having a Top Look is every Covet player’s dream! Not only do you win the two clothing prizes, but you also win 5000 diamonds (really, 5025, including the 4.5-star bonus), and your look is displayed on the Covet homepage “runway”.

Winning Top Look definitely seems hard to do at lower levels; chances are, you won’t win it until you level up significantly. Personally, I achieved my first Top Look at Level 19. A lot of it has to do with unlocking the nicer hair and makeup which is only available at higher levels. Players tend to vote for certain hairstyles over some of the lower-level ones, so once you have access to the “favourite” hairstyles, you have a better chance of winning.

To win Top Look you definitely have to max out- so you need to keep EVERYTHING in season (even 1 point off can mess up your chance), and you’ll need to max out your unworn items.

After that, it’s really down to luck! There are tons of inspiration groups on Facebook where you can look for the “trending” garment for each challenge, and try and style your doll in a look that might win, but you never really know. Most of my Top Looks have been a complete surprise!

Just try to think about what the challenge calls for, pick hair and makeup which suits the situation (and sometimes it’s good to try and imitate what the model is wearing on the cover photo), and MAX out. From there, it’s up to the voters.

Don’t take it hard if you don’t win Top Look or the best price, though. The game is just a game, after all, and it’s all in good fun! Keep trying and keep putting together looks you genuinely like, not just looks that you think will win. Eventually, you’ll score a Top Look, and probably when you least expect it!

Buying Garmets

I recommend players (in particular, new players) to ONLY buy the garments needed for each challenge. When you first start off the game, you’re given only $5,000 and you’ll need to use your money sparingly.

I also recommend (at the beginning, at least) only entering challenges that will give you a decent reward, should you win. Most challenges will automatically give you a monetary reward upon entering (usually between $100–$200 and the daily challenge always rewards $500); try not to spend more than you’ll get back in the beginning. If you do end up spending more, make sure the rewards for winning are things you actually want. If the reward, for example, is a dress you can’t see yourself ever using, it might not be worthwhile to even enter.

Keep in mind that garments can be reused an infinite number of times, but you cannot sell them back after buying them, so buy items carefully!

Choosing a Challenge

Click on the Style Challenges link in the sidebar to enter your first challenge. The Style Challenges menu will open up, and you can browse the different challenges and find one you’d like to enter.

Each challenge is themed and will give you a short description of what your model is doing and what she should be wearing. There are also requirements for each challenge. You always have to pay a certain amount of tickets to enter, but you may also be required to wear certain garments in order to satisfy the particular theme.

Challenges last for a limited amount of time. Most challenges will give you two to three days to enter; some special challenges might have less time, while the Daily Challenge always stays up for 24 hours. After the timer runs out, you cannot enter a challenge which has expired.

Closet Value

Every garment that you own in the game adds to your overall Closet Value. This score is pretty important in the game; as you increase your closet value, you unlock more options for hair and makeup.

You can increase your closet value by buying new clothes or winning new items from entering challenges. You’ll see your closet value increase with each new item added to your closet—and every time you reach a major milestone, the game will congratulate you on your new closet value and give you a rundown of which new hair and makeup options you’ve unlocked.

Dressing Your Model

After you choose a challenge to enter, it’s time to dress up your avatar. Have a look at the requirements to see what items you’ll need to wear. You can look through your closet (or use the sidebar to sort your closet) to see if you have the required garments. If not, you can buy them directly from the challenge menu.

Besides the requirements, you’ll need to add things to make a complete look: shoes, shirts, and jewelry, or other accessories are recommended. Try your best to make your outfit fit in with the challenge at hand, read the description and try to follow it. If the model is supposed to be outdoors for a hike, don’t dress her in a ball gown (though you’ll see many players doing this in the voting menu!).

Borrowing Clothes

If you’ve connected your account with Facebook, you can even borrow clothing from friends. If you have joined a Fashion House, you can also borrow from the members. You’re only allowed to borrow one item per challenge and you can only borrow from each Facebook friend every three days, and from the Fashion House (as a whole) every 20 hours.

Keep in mind that you can only borrow the same item once from each person. For example, if you borrow the Zimmerman Weave Buckle Belt from your friend Sally once, you can’t borrow the same item from her again. You can, however, borrow other items from Sally, or borrow the Zimmerman Weave Buckle Belt from another friend in the game.

Clothing Bonuses

There are clothing bonuses for each look you put together—one for unworn items and one for seasonal items. You can get up to .30 stars for current season items +.50 stars for unworn items. Try to maximize these bonuses by wearing any applicable unworn items and staying in season with your clothing. You can tell which season each garment is in by looking at the description underneath the clothing thumbnail.

With the bonuses you can get almost a full star more after the votes have been counted, so do your best to get your full bonuses with each challenge!

Save Money from Daily Challenges

Make sure you do the Daily Challenge every. Single. Day. The entry reward is $500, and the Daily Challenge doesn’t require you to have a specific garment—you just have to create a look. Obviously, you’ll want to create the best look that you possibly can so you can get a good score and win a reward, but you don’t have to stay in season for the Daily Challenge, and you don’t need to buy anything new. I don’t ever buy a garment for the Daily Challenge, that way I’m getting $500 cash a day, without spending anything. After a week, that’s $3500 (and maybe a few reward garments, if you put together a good look!

Don't Spend more on the challenge than you get back

On regular timed challenges, try your best not to spend more money on the garments for the challenge than you’d get back for entering. For example, if the challenge gives you $200 upon entry, try not to spend more than that buying garments so that you get an actual profit back. If you do have to buy specific garments, try to borrow the most expensive one you need, and then buy the cheaper one for yourself.

@Gamers @ForumGamers

6 Likes

@idiot.exe I think this thread will be helpful for you :eyes:

2 Likes

Thanksss :eyes:

2 Likes

@Coveters anything else to add? :eyes:

1 Like

I don’t even have the app. I dunno why I’m in this tag tho lmao.

1 Like

get it :triumph:

First time I heard about this game was on here and ever since then I wanted to try it although I’m not that much into fashion games :sweat_smile:

I’m a fan of fashion games since I get bored of them easily but I’ve heard about covet since @Rose did mention it and made a thread on it. :eyes::sweat_smile:

This has been my go-to game ever since June 2020. Now, I play daily, and the fashion house I’m in has won almost every rally, something that never happened with my previous fashion house.
We usually rally fancy, but every once in awhile, we do fierce.

I still haven’t won a top look, but a lot of it has to do with hair, makeup, and maxing out. Oh, and hair accessories. I have won quite a few hair accessories, but the lower levels don’t really have great options with most HA. And a lot of the awesome HAs are pretty expensive.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity