About Account Deletion

I figured I should make this because there seems to be alot of misconceptions and mystery around whether or not accounts can be deleted, so I’m going to answer some questions I have seen.

Can accounts be deleted?

The answer to this is yes, they can provided they don’t have posts which are over 60 days old and have less than 5000 posts. Your account can be more than 60 days old and be deleted provided it has no posts over 60 days old.

What is the alternative?

Well, you can go through your account and delete every post you ever made yourself or you can ask to be anonymised which is far less time consuming. Anonymisation changes your username to randomly generated numbers and letters and you can also request to suspend the account.

Who do I talk to about this?

You can talk to any of the @moderators or @AdminTeam that you feel comfortable with, all mods have the power to delete accounts. If it’s a case of you forgetting your password but no longer wanting an account you can email questions@shanniiwrites.com and it will be dealt with.

@Announcements I hope this helps you all, if you have any questions then PM me or ask here.

21 Likes

So does it only delete 5000 posts automatically or why is the limit at 5000 posts? :eyes:

3 Likes

That’s as high as the limit can go I think and yeah it does only delete 5000 automatically but it won’t do it at all if the posts are older than 60 days.

2 Likes

Are anonymised accounts still counted as accounts or will the amount of users go down by one?

5 Likes

:thinking: That’s a good question

1 Like

I mean, technically the account still exists so I don’t think the number goes down

2 Likes

There is a way tho that accounts that have recent posts can be deleted easier than removing all the posts.

Mods can delete duplicate accounts, so technically making a duplicate account can work I think. Then from the profile you can delete the account that has been here for a longer time I believe. And after the account that has been made as duplicate account can be deleted. Just something to keep in mind if someone wants to delete their account for urgent reasons :eyes:

2 Likes

Actually I don’t really see how that would work

3 Likes

From the new duplicate account you are able to select the option to delete the account that has been here longer :eyes:

2 Likes

And how do you know this?

3 Likes

Because at one point I had to delete a duplicate account when I was a mod. I am not 100% sure if that account had posts older than 60 days however, so I don’t have a guarantee it actually works but I am pretty sure it would.

2 Likes

From what I read months back, they are still the person’s account but only through old posts. As you can still return and get your account back but it has to happen through email.

Yes, I was gonna mention that too.

3 Likes

I don’t think it would tbh, since system says accounts over 60 days old can’t be deleted I don’t see why that would be different with this

3 Likes

Accounts with posts anyway

3 Likes

The option is visible for older accounts, while the normal delete button isn’t. So it’s at least worth a try to test it if someone wants to get their account deleted

2 Likes

Sure it can be tested if someone is ever open to the idea of me deleting their account :thinking: and it’d have to be a person who has an account with posts more than 60 days old and also has the time and effort to make a whole new account to have one deleted :blush:

2 Likes

Is it possible to delete a post that’s older than 60 days? :thinking: :white_heart:

1 Like

Yes! But manually

So as it happens it came up that this got to be tested and it turns out the method of an account being duplicated to be deleted does not work if the account has posts over 60 days old :blush:

1 Like