Adventures with Dungeons and Dragons Roleplay

Adventures with Dungeons and Dragons

This RP will be a series of semi-related adventures. Characters can join and leave adventures at their own discretion, so I plan on keeping sign ups open for the duration of the RP here.

Faceclaims!

The first adventure, as determined by popular vote, as The Forest of Forgotten Dragons.

The Forest of Forgotten Dragons

Welcome to the quiet little town of Fogforest. It’s a nice town, complete with most of the things that a town could need. It’s a small town, surrounded mostly by farmland and adjacent to a small forest. Nothing really mysterious or exciting ever happens here, so it’s not a great place for budding adventurers to be in. Granted, none of you are here by choice. Nalia came here to escape the mobs of the large cities but finds herself and her sons constantly being stared and and obviously not trusted. Unable to find work any other way, Nalia has to turn towards adventuring. Alva ended up in Fogforest in her travels and certainly doesn’t plan on it being a place she stays for long. Similarly, Quarion needed to escape from his city and found himself here. It’s almost like fate intervened to push you all together at the same time.

As is common in Fogforest on Fridays, most of the town is in the pub. The pub’s an old, wooden building with a few rooms upstairs for travellers. Most of the seats at the bar and at the tables are taken, although a few remain open.

The Party

@line123462
@idiot.exe
@Mage158
@Secreterz
@Skyler2

Rules!
  • Since strategy will be an important part in this, I expect there to be a lost of off-topic posting. If you make an off topic statement completely unrelated to the roleplay or in a post that is primarily your character: blur it.
  • Free strategy speech is fine, just make sure to separate it from things that are in character. It would be better if strategies were in character, but it’s not that important. What is important is that your character not propose a strategy your character would never think of–don’t have a barbarian promote advanced battle tactics.
  • If you’ve submitted multiple characters, you will only be starting with one. The decision about which one is entirely up to you, but please let me know which one you choose.
  • If I haven’t sent you your character sheet yet, you can still post. I will be working on getting those out as soon as possible. We’re starting with a roleplaying part, so don’t worry much about the finer points of character creation.
12 Likes

As the dungeon master, I will be playing every single other character that you guys come into contact with. Since no one has posted anything yet, here are some people who you can talk to.

Pieron Astorio

Pieron’s sitting in one of the corner tables of the bar awkwardly. His travelling partner looks angry at him, but neither of them are saying anything. Pieron grabs his drink and takes a large sip. After all, it’s been a long day, and it doesn’t look like it’s about to get any better.

Approachable

Faila Astorio

Pieron’s sitting across from Faila, drinking some wine. This infuriates her. She stands up and shouts “Why are you drinking right now? I thought we were going to have an honest conversation.” She crosses her arms and looks sternly at Pieron.

Approachable

Bree Leagallow

It can’t be more than a minute after she climbs up onto one of the barstools that she hears a couple fighting close to her. Just my luck to always end up by the unhappy couple. She slowly gets up and decides to move towards another table. One of them will have to be a better place to sit. She gets up and moves across the entire length of the bar before finding an empty seat. After climbing up onto it while mumbling complaints about human designers, she orders herself a drink and pulls out a deck of playing cards and starts fiddling with it.

Approachable

Kanithar Dyernina

Kanithar is standing in the middle of the bar, some tables all around him. He’s talking to someone, but he doesn’t look that interested in the conversation. He looks uncomfortable with both talking to that person and the bar in general. His clothes also stand out, as they’re covered in dirt. All of this makes him look extremely out of place. He excuses himself from the conversation he was in and starts wandering around the bar, although you can’t tell what he’s hoping to find that way.

Approachable

@idiot.exe
@Skyler2

5 Likes

Arnold Berhart

My travels had brought me to the wonderous town of Fogforest. Granted it wasn’t the best town, but it was a start. Fogforest was a smaller town, that had your basic necessities, but nothing really interesting. Though I was wasn’t looking for interesting things, I was looking for conflicts to solve and people to help. Of which I immediately found upon walking into the local bar, seeing what appeared to be a couple arguing. I walked over to them and clapped my hands together, “Why hello there. I can’t help but notice you guys seem to have some… issues and I was wondering if I could help in anyway. I’m Arnold Berhart by the way, pleasure to meet you both.”

@passionfruit - Falia and Pieron

4 Likes

Nalia "Peace" Soretry

Making sure that her long hair is covering her bulky horns, Peace walks down the main path of the small town she arrived at, The Forest of Forgotten Dragons. There was enough silence in the air that it could’ve suffocated her if she hadn’t heard the joyful sounds of music and the loud booms of drunk people talking recklessly. It was the local pub. There would be enough people there who would be able to tell her what she needed.
She entered the wooden building through to be met with a crowd full of people, all so different and interesting from one another. She let out a chuckle that such a range of people could all come together for their love of liquor. She looked around the pub when a woman playing with a deck of cards caught her eye. With a light smile spread across her lips, she walked toward the woman and sat across from her.
“Why are you playing with cards all by yourself?” she asked her.

@passionfruit Bree Leagallow

4 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

While on the run, Quarion stumbled upon a small town by the name of Fogforest. He’s heard this town is quiet, a perfect getaway, a place where nobody would think a criminal would be. Currently standing outside the local pub, thinking he shouldn’t be entering public places like this, though the music coming from the inside is definitely tempting him. Decisively, he puts on his cloak and enters.

Quarion walks in through the door, scanning the crowd. Almost all the tables are full, hardly an empty seat. He spots a woman on a table, shuffling cards, the seats around her empty. He decides to approach her, as the cards have caught his attention.

-“I couldn’t help but notice you’re holding a deck of cards, fancy a game with me? I’ve been told I’m good at them.”

But as he arrived, he noticed that somebody already beat him to it.

“I apologise, I didn’t notice you standing there. I’m Quarion, and you?”

Bree Leagallow - @passionfruit
@Mage158

5 Likes

Nalia "Peace" Soretry

A figure loomed over Peace before promptly sitting down on bar stool between her and the woman occupied with her deck of cards. She diverted her attention to him. He wore a cloak covering his head with strands of dark hair lying on top of his scalp. He had asked the woman for a game with her before realizing her own presence at the table. He apologized for disrupting the little interaction she had with the woman whom she had just met before giving his name to her. Quarion. It sounded like an Elvish name. She put her mini analysis aside as she began to return the gesture and give him her name.

“My name is Peace,” she said with corners of her lips perked up, “Don’t worry, you didn’t disrupt anything, I just met her. Are you a local here?”

@idiot.exe Quarion

5 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

Quarion’s mind began to wander to the deck of cards the woman was shuffling. He couldn’t help but be amused, shuffling a deck with such precision surely took a lot of practice. With his attention diverted at the cards, he barely noticed the woman beside him talking. As he turned his head towards her, he realized she had just finished. Unsure of what to say, he lets out a chuckle, hoping it wasn’t a question. To divert the attention from this awkward encounter, he decides to ask the woman a question.

“So… How do you like the… Uh… Tables here?”

@Mage158 Peace

At that moment he knew, he f***ed up

4 Likes

Nalia "Peace" Soretry

The man gazed at the other woman shuffling her cards as if Peace never asked him a question. He seemed to be entranced by the cards and the specific, yet random, order the woman kept placing the cards in. Returning his view back to Peace, he chuckled a bit. It was obvious he didn’t pay any attention to her or what she said when he asked her about whether she liked the tables in a pub she just arrived at. Social graces weren’t a part of his talents, that Peace could see very well. Instead of creating this awkward situation any more awkward, she decides to answer his ridiculous question.

“The tables are as good as any other pub tables,” she says with after looking at the wooden table she laid her arms on, “Is this your first time in town?” Finding a newcomer to this town would help her not feel any more like a fish out of water than she already does.

@idiot.exe Quarion
@passionfruit Bree

Lmaoao, Peace isn’t mean so this might end well

4 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

Although he didn’t expect her to answer his question, it was definitely a nice surprise and made him feel much more at ease. Luckily for Peace, this time Quarion heard her question.

“Yes, actually. I just arrived in this town…”

Though as much as he’d love to talk about himself, he couldn’t let anyone get close to finding out why he came here. If he were to continue answering questions, he’d have to make up a good backstory on the spot. But knowing his tendencies, he’d probably end up making it sound as ridiculous as the table question.

@Mage158 Peace
@passionfruit Bree

lowkey concerned for Bree, who’s stuck in an endless loop of shuffling cards

5 Likes

Nalia "Peace" Soretry

He revealed that he indeed was not a local in this town and was newcomer, just like she is. It was quite a relief to find someone else that was new to this town, she didn’t want to be the only stranger here. Peace’s curiosity piqued when the end of Quarion’s answer trailed off into nothingness; he was for sure hiding something. She turns the rest of her body toward him since the other woman found entertainment in a deck of cards than a conversation with the other two.

Leaning with a curious gleam in her eyes, she asks him “Where’d you come from?”

@idiot.exe Quarion
@passionfruit Bree

She just doesn’t wanna be bothered by annoying adventurers. It’s close to 7 am here so I’m gonna go get some sleep, later.

3 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

As soon as he finished his reply, he could see Peace’s attention turning towards him. As she leaned in, he started to feel a bit uneasy, it was certainly unexpected. Quarion turned his gaze towards the woman with the card deck again, hoping to escape this situation. But alas, he was far from escaping, because Peace had the question he was hoping to avoid…

“Where did I come from?”

He laughed as he leaned back, refusing to answer Peace.

“Well, aren’t you curious?”

@Mage158 Peace

It’s like you’re interrogating him or something lmao

5 Likes

Bree Leagallow

Two new people walked up next to Bree and started talking. She almost didn’t notice them approach while she was shuffling, but after noticing she started dealing out some hands for a game of cards. The two of them started to talk about the tables in the pub. Could they get any more boring? Honestly, perhaps they weren’t going to be the best. But the dude had challenged her, and she never backed down from a challenge. The two of them were looking at each other tensely.

“Well, aren’t you two friendly?” she chuckled. “Fancy a game of cards?” She gestured at the hands she’d dealt onto the table.

@idiot.exe - Quarion
@Mage158 - Peace

Approachable

5 Likes

Pieron Astorio

God, it’s just another one of those days, isn’t it? After Falia stood up, Pieron knew he was in trouble, he just didn’t know what to do about it. He wondered about where he had gone wrong–he had tried so hard to make this trip perfect, and it just kept blowing up in his face. Some stranger walked up next to the table and introduced himself. Finally, something else to focus on. “Hi! I’m Pieron. It’s nice to meet you, Arnold. What brings you here?”

Approachable

Faila Astorio

Faila was ready to start yelling at Pieron but someone else approached the table. God, can’t he see we’re in the middle of something here? She looked at the newcomer angrily. Some people just have the worst timing. He introduced himself as Arnold. What an unusual name… As she was thinking about that, Pieron introduced himself. Well, if he did, she might as well. “I’m Faila.”

Approachable

@Skyler2 - Arnold

@Skyler2 - can you do a charisma check using discobot to see how well this conversation goes

4 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

The tension between Peace and Quarion was rising, but luckily, the woman across the table had just stopped shuffling the cards and challenged them to a game. The timing could not be more perfect, Quarion really wasn’t looking forward to answering Peace’s question. He now turned his attention to the woman with the cards, continuing to avoid Peace.

He couldn’t help but notice her chuckling. “Shoot, I missed something yet again, didn’t I?” he thought. Quarion seemed way more distracted than ever tonight, it’s been a long day of traveling.

He heard the woman ask him to a game of cards, the reason Quarion was in this situation in the first place. Either way, he won’t back away from a challenge. “Bring it on!”

@passionfruit - Bree
@Mage158 - Peace

Quarion isn’t the only one who’s tired lmao, I can barely sentence

3 Likes

Bree Leagallow

“Great, no more talking. Let’s do a game, just the two of us. I’ll size you up.” She looks at him and then down at the cards.

@idiot.exe - Quarion
@Mage158 - Peace

Approachable

@idiot.exe do you have proficiency with playing cards?

4 Likes

Quarion Amakiir

@discobot roll 1d20

@passionfruit Bree

2 Likes

:game_die: 9

3 Likes

So, because you’re using your knowledge of card game methods, you’re gonna roll + your int modifier. 9 + 3 = 12.

2 Likes

Arnold Berhart
He smiled at the two as they introduced themselves, Pieron and Faila. What beautiful names. “Oh, you know. I’m just a simple folk trying to spread joy and peace,” he looked down at the seat next to the two. He had been traveling for hours and really wanted to rest. “Is anyone sitting there?” He asked, gesturing to the chair.

@discobot roll 1d20

@passionfruit - Falia and Pieron. I think I left it open for everything to go sideways. I could always edit.

4 Likes

:game_die: 11

3 Likes