All about creating RP royality

Get your coursets and monkey suits ready because it’s about to get formal in here.

Making a royal character can be a little tricky because they can’t just be like other people, even though they are people like everyone else. Here are some tips what you can take into an account if you’re making an Royal Character.

1. What kind of leader.
    Keep in mind that your character will either be a leader or at least be in charge of important stuff. It’s good to know what kind of ruler they want to be. Kind and involved or distant and demanding. This will help when your character is making a decision since they will always choose something that suits their goal.

2. They land
    What type of land do they rule? What type of politics, problems, culture, etc. do they have? This again will help when your character is making a decision. Think about romance, marriage and even how their subjects look at your character, with love or with hate.

An good example for these two is the lyrics to ‘The Cost of The Crown’ by Mercedes Lackey & Debra F. Sanders:

There’s a little bit before it, but if this alone would give you a pretty good idea what type of ruler this character would be:

Although I am the head of state, in truth I am the least,

The true Queen knows her people fed, before she sits to feast.

The good Queen knows her people safe, before she takes her rest,

Thinks twice and thrice and yet again, before she makes request.

_

For they are all my children, all, that I swore to defend,

It is my duty to become both Queen and trusted friend—

And of my children high and low, from beggar to above,

The dearest are my Heralds, who return my care with love.

_

The dearest are my Heralds, swift to spring to my command.

Who give me aid and fellowship, who always understand

That land and people first have needs that I may not deny—

So I must send my dearest friends to danger—and to die.

A friend, a love, a child—it matters not, I know indeed,

That I must sacrifice them all if there should be the need.

They know, and they forgive me—doing more than I require,

With willing minds and loving hearts go straight to grasp the fire.

These tears that burn my eyes are all the tears the Queen can’t shed,

The tears I weep in silence as I mourn my Heralds dead.

Oh gods that dwell beyond the stars, if you can hear my cry—

And if you have compassion—let me send no more to die!

@RPers
Please share any more tips you have and I hope this will help with making your character.

5 Likes

Yes this will probably be still connected to the first one but:

1. How do their people see them as or treat them as? I think it’s important to know the perspective of their people just because it adds more depth (this case, the opinions). Are they good leaders to them? What do the people like about them? What about things they hate?

2. What their values, laws, and priorities are as rulers—this one, I mean their approach to ruling. How do they rule, is it effective for them, etc.

3. Are they traditional or not? By this, I mean that do they follow their family (royalty) traditions/stick to what they grew up with or are they, like, rebellious? This can also be asked about the royalty “system.” Does it follow the usual inheriting the crown system or is it something else? Are they new royalty, old, etc.

Those are only some of the things I can remember for now… will come back if I remember lasdjlksajdlksa xDDD

2 Likes

Need to remember this for when I have the time for the kingdom RP I wanna setup.

2 Likes

Of course you saw this, Chid. (smirk)

1 Like

HAHAHA YEAH :star_struck:

1 Like

Bahaha. I knew I wouldn’t have to tag you.

Does that idea excite you?

1 Like

Hehe, pop-up notif on my computer and everything too like they know that this is what I like to SEE :relieved::sparkles:

OF COURSE IT DOES
Not sure if you were active then, but LT had this… forum game (?) with rp elements (or perhaps an rp with forum game elements… idk you get the point tho) that was called like Warring Kingdoms or something and if you’re familliar I was wondering if it would be like that?

1 Like

Bahahahaha. Ah, so your computer is the stalker, not you.

I know Tea’s one but Warring Kingdoms was started by EF user who joined just before they deleted us. I offered to help them and they asked me to COMPLETELY create the plot and setting. So I did, in detail, and still have it all. Ha.

1 Like

I’m trying to create a kingdom for @Elixer’s Rp. I have what it’s like down, but I need a name.

1 Like

If that helps you sleep better at night :eyes:

Yeah it’s not called Warring Kingdoms, but I forgetttt the name sigh
OH I found the faceclaims ganggang okay yeah it was just called Kingdoms aha

I thought Warring Kingdoms was started by Silly tho? Is that what this is tho, like the reimagined plot for that—is that the RP idea??

1 Like

Which RP?
Share what you’ve got and maybe we can help with a name.

1 Like

This one. So, it’s a tiny country in between Estonia and Latvia, known for having a very small military and combing with Latvia and Estonia for strength. They’re known for machinery and medieval architecture. I need help with a name. I want something that sounds Estonian.

2 Likes

Hahahaha.

Oh, yup. I remember that one. Hehe.

Not that I’m aware off. This was a new user not an OG. Maybe it was just a similar idea???

1 Like

Oh right.

Hmm… how about Huria or maybe Oloryn?

1 Like

Oohh, nice. I’ll probably just look up Estonian and Latvian words and combine them.

1 Like

Oooh so you do, yesyes that was fun I did like that one

Oh hm, okok, must’ve been then :thinking: But whatever this kingdom rp idea you have, it does sound vv exciting so can’t wait until you like post a signup or whatnot ouioui

1 Like

(wink)

Will probably not be until around the end of the year.

1 Like

Still exciting tho
And I thought that Saw would take forever and a day but time flew for that and now I have to not procrastinate and create a character??? Like what??? And so my point is that I’ll still be just as excited when it rolls around hehe

1 Like

HAHAHA! True. That didn’t take long at all.
Really, this time I’m only wanting to get the RPs underway and post more on the SGs. Then I’ll look into another RP.

1 Like

Ooooh you have a lot of things going on rp/sg-wise huh hehe but that sounds like a good plan to keep organized and whelmed

1 Like