All about Optical Illusions

Altright, I’m not going to go crazy on explaining what optical illusions since it can be quite complicated to go over. It’s basically where your brain is tricked into seeing something that is either not there or looks completely different amongst the world. This article will explain what an optical illusion is below. There have been many different optical illusions throughout the world which the most notorious is the “The Dress” illusion. The next link is a compilation of optical illusions that you can look at to see which ones interest you!

@Discussions
@Artists

3 Likes

Love them so much but they’re also super disorientating.

1 Like

Yeah, I can only look at them for a certain amount of time before I get frazzled. I the illusions that change colors depending on who looks at it the most.

1 Like

Yeah, yeah, same here.

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

I used to love optical illusions as a kid but now they don’t work that well anymore :sweat_smile: It seems like my brain can’t be tricked that easily anymore. Not sure if that’s something normal or if I just looked at too many optical illusions :joy:

@Artists Do you like optical illusions?

1 Like

it’s fun finding weird, hidden images

1 Like

Optical Illusions are so weird. It’s crazy that with art, you can make something move, or look different all because of the perception of the viewer.

Like this, it doesn’t move

That’s so crazy to me

4 Likes

these are always so wild and fun to me, and a while back i went down a rabbit hole on how they worked because i’m nothing if not a nerd who needs to know everything

honestly there’s so much technique and science behind these, i love it

1 Like

Arrrgggghhhh! My eyessssss! :joy:

1 Like

I now feel tempted to google everything about optical illusions

1 Like

i think you should!

1 Like

IMG_3066

When I saw this thread this is immediately what my brain went to lol

2 Likes

Woah.