All about therapy & counselling talk shows

So what I am meaning is stuff like Dr. Phil and allat. How do y’all feel about it? Think?

To be honest, Dr. Phil isn’t even a licensed therapist!? So it’s f*cking wild how so many people sought help from HIM. It’s crazy. If you don’t hold a psychology degree, you SHOULD NOT be “in charge” of peoples’ lives. Especially people with live as crazy as you see come onto his show.

If you have a psychology degree, sure, making something like Dr. Phil might be something you can do, but if you’re contracted, it’s law to keep things confidential. So don’t know how that would work, but maybe? And even then, why make one?

@Discussions how do you think when it comes to shows like this?

2 Likes

Watching them is cheaper than therapy :ok_hand:t4:

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I guess that’s true.

1 Like

I love seeing rich brats get sent to THE RANCH!!

Actually, I believe the Ranch is quite abusive. It needs to get shut down.

Pretty sure the factor of it being media and public also makes it get a lot of fake people on it- and I kind of doubt any good conclusion could ever be reached within the timeframe of a TV show episode
Also this isn’t really therapy but just never trust Dr. Oz either

I never liked that kind of show in all honesty, I understand if people apply to go on them because they can’t afford actual therapy and they’re just desperately trying to get help but in a way media is just taking advantage of that desparation just for views. Also I believe some of it is staged anyway so it’s just not my thing.

Closed due to inactivity