Allenwood Academy || Official RP Thread

Allenwood Academy

Sitting on an island in the Toronto Harbour, Allenwood Academy is a boarding school once praised for its quality of education and student life. One year ago, the school became a target for a string of disappearances and some of its students made the decision not to return after summer vacations, fearing for their safety. However, many of the students returned anyway, taking a potential gamble on their lives.

Rules
  1. Please censor any swear words with a dash or asterisk
  2. Make your posts at least 5-7 sentences long
  3. No God-modding without permission
  4. Don’t flood the RP thread with ORPs
  5. No Mary Sues or Gary Stus
Links

Signup form - :memo:
Roommates - :notebook_with_decorative_cover:
Faceclaims - :framed_picture:
Relationship slides - :notebook:

Tags

@phlegmatic @katabasis @Tina.G @angelic @Beauty_Fool @Maddy

3 Likes

It’s the first day of school

Everyone is arriving at the school building after summer vacation, but classes won’t start until tomorrow. For today, get settled in your room and interact with your fellow students.

3 Likes

Artemis had been able to convince her mom to her leave without getting caught but unfortunately, their father sent her out to the store. That was just her luck. The more she thought about it though, her dad was in his room most of the day and pretty much had a schedule down at this point. She was able to sneak out of her room as much as she needed to get for herself but Artemis couldn’t peculiarly decide what to wear for her first day, deciding to go with something that matched her sister’s style so even if she was caught walking out, her father would have to look twice before being sure it was her.

Soon enough she had been ready and looked down the window, her bedroom on the second floor of the house. She saw this as her only chance to go since she knew her father would be in the living room by the door. “Alright…You can do this…” She took a deep inhale before tightly clutching onto her bags and jumping out the window. She landed on the ground in a crouch, her heart beating hard against her chest, “Alright!” She was impressed with herself for not dying on impact which may not seem like much to someone else but it was big for her.

She checked the time and seeing how much time she had to be at the school, knowing had to get going now if she didn’t want to be late. Once she had arrived she thought she had enough time to finish a chapter or two in one of her books. Artemis fished in her bookbag for one of the novels she packed, “The widow’s daughter,” sitting on the ground once she grabbed it.

1 Like

Misha Antonov

Misha finished stacking the cans on the shelf and flipped over the ‘Open’ sign on the door. “I opened the store!” He called up to his parents. His mother was first to emerge, followed by his father, who gave him a quick nod of acknowledgement before walking to the cash register. His mother put her hand on his cheek and looked him in the eyes.

“Please be safe Misha."

“I will Mama.” He reassured her, hugging her before slinging his backpack over his shoulder and picking up his suitcases. He walked from his house to the nearest subway station and boarded the train that would get him closest to the ferry terminal. When he got there, he took the next ferry onto the island and walked the rest of the way to the school.

After arriving at the school, he first went to his dorm to drop off his suitcases and take any unnecessary items out of his backpack. Leaving his room, he closed and locked the door, then walked down the hall and to the staircase that led outside. He pushed the door open and walked outside, putting his hands in his pockets once he’d cleared the door. He walked around until he spotted a girl sitting on the ground reading. He walked over to her, stopping in front of her. “Mind if I join you?” He asked her.

@Beauty_Fool - Artemis

1 Like

Micheal “Mickey” Bird

Micky knew that he shouldn’t push himself in social interactions with big groups. He couldn’t, however, miss the first day of school even if there weren’t classes. From the moment he awoke that morning, he knew it would be one of those dark days, one where his guard would be up and his senses would be on high alert. He emotionally primed himself for a day of fending off those invisible, debilitating bullets.

Micky walked nervously down the hall, ready to find his room. His hands were icy cold, he rubbed them against his jeans as he mentally chastised himself for being so anxious. He stopped suddenly has he came close to bumping someone. Nearly under his breath he mumbled, “excuse me.” He looked up, to see a head of purple, and accidentally said “woah.” out loud.

@Caticorn - orp Amethyst… sorry this took so long :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Amethyst Jones

Amethyst made her way down the hallway, having already visited her dorm to drop off her stuff. It was her second year at Allenwood and with everything that happened the year before, just walking down the hall felt surreal.

Earlier that morning, she’d gotten dressed and put her hair into her signature double bun hairstyle. Then, she said goodbye to her parents and taken the subway down to the harbourfront with her luggage, taking a ferry to finally get to the school. Despite her parents’ suspicions about her returning to the school, she convinced them to let her stay, knowing that starting over at a new school would be way worse.

As she rounded a corner, looking at her phone, she almost ran into someone else. “I am so sorry.” She said to him, looking up. The guy looked kind of stressed out. “Hey, are you okay?” She asked him.

@Tina.G - Mickey

1 Like

Artemis Dao
Artemis hadn’t seen another person walk towards the school and yet, out the corner of her eye she could somehow see someone walking out of it. There was a possibility that it could have been some kind of staff member but as they got closer she could tell that they were young, seeming to be no older than herself. For a split second, she started to pray that he could walk right past her but it was still no surprise when the new face stopped right by her.

Artemi didn’t attempt to smile or even give a friendly wave. There was no need to start a conversation but as the person started to talk she noticed that it wasn’t feminine. Oh god- Of course it’s another boy… She thought to herself with an eternal sigh. She flipped to another page in her book, finishing off the third chapter before creasing the page and looked at toward him. His appearance seemed much more…Different from what she expected. The stranger didn’t seem too flashy but nothing to pick on either. She didn’t see the harm in him reading either- It was actually a bit refreshing to meet someone who didn’t immediately want to get in some kind of trouble.

She simply patted the ground by her, silently signaling him to sit down by her as she opened the book again…all without saying a word.

@Caticorn (Misha)

Marcos & Asher Creed
Marcos and Asher lived a good distance away from the school and because of Marcos’ persistence, the two ended up going the long way. Asher was growing tempted to ditch her for an easier way after about ten minutes of non-stop walking- Until the school building slowly came into view.

“I swear if everyone is already inside, it’s on you…” Asher grumbled which only made Marcos laugh. Most would expect it to be a sarcastic laugh followed by an equally as sarcastic remark but Marcos knew Asher would only return it in a colder way, so she waited until they made it to the school’s courtyard. She and Asher looked around and could see a handful of people walking around and by the looks of it, they were all students. “See, I know exactly what I’m doing!” She tapped his nose, “now if we did it your way then we could’ve been late and broke.”

Asher only scoffed and swatted her hand away, “For all we know, the teachers could just be late.” Marcos rolled her eyes, “Yeah, every single teacher isn’t here on time but half the students are. that makes so much sense!” That response irked Asher in a way, “just shut up and find someone else to bother so I can actually get stuff done…”

Marcos shrugged, “Alright, I’ll meet you back at the dorms then?” Without giving Asher much time to agree she turned her back to him and excitedly skipped away to further explore the campus and perhaps even meet a few new people while Asher on the other hand sat on the steps of the school, his gaze wandering, looking for something interesting or promising.

1 Like

Misha Antonov

At first, he wasn’t sure if she’d heard him, but eventually, she looked up and patted the ground next to her, all without saying a word. Following her instruction, he sat down, crossing his legs and beginning to read. Sitting on the grass, with the sounds of the harbour in the background, he found that it was peaceful, different from when he was at home with his family who seemed to not know what volume control was.

“I’m Misha, by the way.” He introduced himself without looking up from his book, breaking the silence that had settled between them. Several minutes had passed since they started reading, and he figured that he might as well tell her his name. If he was right in assuming that she was his age, they would probably be seeing each in other in class.

@Beauty_Fool - Artemis

Micheal “Mickey” Bird

“Hey, are you okay?” Mickey looked from her hair to her eyes, down to the floor. “Yeah. Just nervous.” They were ready to walk around the girl, and never look back but they knew that wouldn’t be very polite, not that he cared much though.

“Do you like the color purple?” Mickey said, fidgeting his fingers. He looked at the ground, not exactly trying to be sneaky about the fact that he was uncomfortable. “I’m Michael.” He finally looked up at her. “But I go by Mickey. Umm, like the mouse.”

orp - @Caticorn Amethyst … I’m sorry this took forever, I promise I’ll start replying sooner :sob: :raised_hand: and I’ll also make them longer!

1 Like

Amethyst Jones

Amethyst listened as the guy explained that he was just nervous, which was something she could understand. While she was good at concealing it, she couldn’t deny that she was also nervous.

Amethyst nodded in response to him asking if she liked the colour purple. “Yeah, I do.” She answered. “My name is Amethyst, so it’s only fitting that purple be my favourite colour.” She added with a small chuckle. The guy introduced himself as Mickey, to which she responded “That’s a cool name, dude. What grade are you in?”

@Tina.G - Mickey

(Don’t worry about it!!)

1 Like

Micheal “Mickey” Bird

“Yeah, I do. My name is Amethyst, so it’s only fitting that purple be my favourite colour.” Mickey half smiled, “That’s almost little ironic, but good point.” Mickey wrapped his arms around his shoulders. “That’s a cool name, dude. What grade are you in?” Amethyst said. ‘cool?’ I guess. “Tenth and you?”

Mickey then put his arms over hist chest, not knowing how to hold himself. He rubbed his arm slightly. “You scared of the murders?” …How is that small talk?

@Caticorn - Amethyst

Amethyst Jones

“Hey, cool. We’re in the same grade.” She told him, putting her right hand in her pocket. “I’m in tenth grade, too.” She added, incase it wasn’t inherently obvious. When he asked her if she was scared of the murders, she had to pause and think about it for a second.

“Yes and no.” She finally answered. “Like, I don’t want to die, but I’ve ridden the subway alone in New York at one in the morning and made it out alive, so I don’t know that scared is the word I would use. Probably just concerned.” She added on, clarifying her answer. “What about you? Are you scared?”

@Tina.G - Mickey

1 Like

Micheal “Mickey” Bird

“I’m in tenth grade, too.” Mickey nodded with barely a sliver of a smile.

dodo“Yes and no.” Amethyst said. He crossed his arms, wondering what the opposite answers were.“Like, I don’t want to die, but I’ve ridden the subway alone in New York at one in the morning and made it out alive, so I don’t know that scared is the word I would use. Probably just concerned.” He nodded slowly. “What about you? Are you scared?”“That’s a pretty reasonable answer for yes and no. But, not really, no.” Mickey shrugged, “It sucks to live scared anyways.”

Mickey awkwardly looked around. “I’m not great with small talk.” Mickey looked up at the ceiling, “Actually, I’m not really good with any talk.”

@Caticorn - Amethyst

Anastasia “Stacey” Durham

Stacy lingered outside the school’s main entrance. She had arrived as early as she could to set up and ensure that she would not miss anything. She took a deep breath and muttered to herself, “It smells great out.” as she walked out. Her locks bounced a little when she shook her head. She raised her eyes once more to see a young man sitting around fifteen feet away from her. She walked turds him with a smile on her face.

She stood to the right of him, one step down from where he was sitting. “Hello! What wonderful day.” She added with a bright smile to her statement. “I’m Stacey,” she said, leaning over to get a better look at his face. “You’re also kinda cute.” Stacy blushed slightly because she hadn’t meant to say that out loud.

@Beauty_Fool - Asher