Anime and manga you liked in the past but do not now?

I have a handful of shows that ended up in this category. Some were because I got older and others were parts I didn’t agree with in said shows. Here are a few shows and manga that I stopped following.

Anime

Darker than Black

I really tried to like this show which I did for most of the first season. When it came to the second season it flopped because the relationship between Hei and Yin got weird. Like, I thought Hei was getting closer to Misaki but then they took her out of the show. I might just be missing some information but that show got really strange after Misaki left.

Sailor Moon

I actually loved Sailor Moon as a kid but I must say I don’t know how I got past Salem’s voice. I tried watching it recently but I had to turn it off. I have a thing with high pitch anxious voices where I can’t stand to hear them. Another reason why I do not watch subbed animes much. If Salem’s voice had been an octave or two down then I could tolerate the voice.

Dance in the Vampire Bund

This show was pretty interesting to watch but I couldn’t get passed the fanservice behind it. They sexualized the younger body of the vampire queen which made me stop watching it. I would have finished it if they didn’t do that.

D.Gray-Man

They didn’t end the show like they promised. I really enjoyed this show but they ruined it. This one should have gotten a full reboot. I lost interest when I realized only half the show was dubbed. Also, the show had been canceled which meant it was incomplete as well.

Manga

Trinity Blood

This one angered me so much!? It was an amazing manga but they had to pull the license for the American manga distribution. So, the American version stops at volume 12 where it was getting really good!? Just when we had an amazing vampire story other than Vampire Knight for once they pull the plug. Never fails. If anyone has good news let me know…

I can’t remember anymore manga I lost interest in. I will post another update if I remember.

What anime and manga you liked in the past but do not now? Why do you feel the way you feel about them?

@AnimeNerds

1 Like

There are some like rurouni kenshin that I just can’t bring myself to watch again after knowing how awful the authors were :sweat_smile:

Like, separating art from artist is important to some people… But not when you’re giving them money which then gets funnelled directly into CP. If I ever watch or read rurouni kenshin or recovery of an mmo junkie ill probably pirate them tbh

2 Likes

hmmm i dont know

1 Like

What is CP? Is that about a sensitive topic that Japan is horribly notorious for? Not saying it out loud due to pg-13 guidelines.

2 Likes

Also, watch it at this website. It’s free to watch anime shows dubbed and subbed plus regular cartoons from the past.

https://www.wco.tv/

Yes, that :eyes:

Also careful, we don’t wanna actively promote streaming and whatnot :joy:

2 Likes

Oh right, I forgot about that. Also, I didn’t know that about the creator of Rurouni Kenshin.

1 Like

Yup! They kept it super on the down-low because Japan sucks. And the creator of MMO Junkie is like, a nazi? They full-on Jewish Question on Twitter, it’s nuts

2 Likes

Wow, that is crazy!

2 Likes

I don’t like anime now and I know nothing about it, but I used to like Tokyo Mew Mew, if that’s what it was called! But looking at it now, I don’t like it

1 Like

You didn’t have to change that last part. It’s understandable if you moved on to other type of films and tv shows.

I still like all the animes I used to. In fact, I love them even more now, after re-watching them all. Nostalgic and still all heart touching.

1 Like

That is good!

Closed due to inactivity