Annoying Characters that ruined a tv show or movie?

Alright, we all have some characters we hate from tv shows and films. These are a few characters I didn’t care for during the tv shows that I watched.

TV Shows

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Anya

• I really couldn’t like her character at all. I think it was the awkward way that her character acts because she is not human so she doesn’t know how to blend in well. It was more of just the personality of her character I didn’t like.

Charmed: Ben

• I felt like he was just intruding into Piper’s life. Then the whole love triangle got really annoying but I was glad his character didn’t last long on the show. I wished another character had lasted longer though. Don’t get me wrong I had nothing against the character personality-wise but I just felt like he was just there when he needed to be gone.

Movies

Pride & Prejudice (Colin Firth version): Mr. Collins

• I know he was supposed to be a hated character but dang! He was just plain creepy and slimy piece of sh*t in that movie. Yes, I count the 6-hour show as a movie.

Persuasion (Sally Hawkins version): Elizabeth Elliot

• She was just downright annoying! She was just so pretentious and bratty that it made me want to hate her character. H*ll I liked Mary more than Elizabeth and that says something right there. Still the best version of the book to movie adaptation.

How about everyone? Is there a character you hated that ruined your view of the character in the show?

@ ScreenSloths

1 Like

Don’t you mean Dan?

This is very, very fair.

1 Like

I’m going to say that LOGAN from Gilmore Girls is what ruined it for me. SIGH!

1 Like

Yep, that’s who I meant! How did I get Ben from that? I think it was from Buffy since I watched an episode recently. Or Rizzoli & Isles.

Yep! I give props to the actor though! He did a great job making Mr. Collins a hated character.

1 Like

Agreed! He was so wishy washy in the show.

1 Like

HAHAHA! Yeah, that must have been the confusion.

TRUUUUUUUE! Agree with that.

1 Like

YES. F^^King annoying too.

1 Like

Star wars: Rey

1 Like

Yep, I can’t watch Charmed unless I buy it on Amazon Prime. I’m tempted to buy the complete collection off of Amazon.

I will say I miss his portrayal of the character in Pride and Prejudice with Kiera Knightley. I like the other actor’s work but he wasn’t sleazy enough for the role.

Exactly! He kept jumping the fence all the time. I wish she had ended up with Dean instead.

I totally get that! She is not my favorite character in the new trilogy. I think Finn should of been the better Jedi apprentice to be honest.

2 Likes

Definitely, he had so much potential and there were many ways on how his character could have transformed from a stormtrooper who thought was he was doing was good for the galaxy to becoming a fellow jedi who followed his own path after seeing the true colors of the first order.

1 Like

Agreed! That would of been a better way to go with the trilogy! Finn and Poe were my favorite even if Poe was a bit to gun-ho on acting before thinking.

1 Like

If I don’t answer then it’s because I fell asleep.

Awww… But yes, you should. I have to admit that charmed series was the FIRST DVDs I actually paid for myself. VERY expensive. Though I did it, with no help from anyone, I saved and bought the box sets of each season. HEHEHE.

Yikes. I have not watch this one, I refuse. … Though, have you seen ‘Lost in Austen’? That’s a funny one.

NO! NO! NO! He was sleezy in the end. I’m for Jess, all the way!

Nice, I had the first couple of seasons at one point on dvds but I need to buy new ones because I lost some of the dvds. The complete collection is 60 dollars on Amazon. I will probably get it in March if not April.

I actually like the Kiera Knightley version because it brings a more romantic aura to the show. While the Colin Firth version brings a more accurate portrayal of the story. Except for the lake part in both. I have not seen that movie yet. I have been tempted to watch it though. Is it a good comedy show?

Lol I guess he was. I never got a chance to finish the whole show. I don’t remember Jess.

1 Like

Noooo… you can’t lose Charmed.
WOW. That’s sooo cheap compared to what I paid for my lot.

It’s always going to be the Colin Firth one for me.
YES. See it, it’s super hilarious.

WHAT?! You never finished it? How far did you get?

1 Like

Oof sorry for the delayed response. I just got situated at work for the day.

Lol I did plus I lost Buffy and Angel. DVD’s are a bad idea for me to have. I tend to break them, lose them, or scratch them by accident.

Lol that’s my favorite version! I’ve seen the trailer before. I will have to watch it soon.

Uh Rory just about the graduate from school I think. The grandfather got sick I think. Lorie got with the Luke finally. That’s all I remember.

1 Like

Don’t apologise, lovely, responses don’t have to be instant.

Noooo… Silly ewe. HEHEHE

Yup. me too. … Yes, you will, you will.

Oh, yeah, she’d been with Jess by then.

1 Like

Lol I know. I’m bad.

Lol yep, I will watch it sometime this month.

Yeah, I don’t remember much of Jess.

1 Like

Yes. HAHAHA. Kidding

Really?

Whaaat… silly ewe again.

1 Like

Moved to the Film and tv section, it was in games for some reason :innocent:

2 Likes