Anonymous Advice - Sexuality Crisis

Sexuality Crisis

“Sexuality crisis! I identify as bi, but I have so little romantic connection to dudes. They can be good friends, but that’s it. My parents want me to marry a guy, but I have no interest in doing so. I love girls. I’ve imagined myself with a girl my whole life. I want to come out as lesbian, but I don’t want to break my parent’s hearts with their dream of me marrying another girl. I know deep down inside I might be a lesbian”

@Advisers

9 Likes

I have trouble reading that

3 Likes

I feel you so much — especially now. I’m not sure what advice I can give ya since I’ve never came out as Abrosexual to my parents. If you are pretty sure they aren’t homophobic go for it! If they are, you’re their child, if they love you, they’ll accept you. It may take some time though. Tell them exactly what you wrote here. :eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve never had to worry about coming out but I th I k that you have to tell them eventually because holding it in isn’t good for your mental health and it might slip out while your arguing with them

1 Like

Quoting it takes off the font, is this better? :joy:

1 Like

Pansexual here…uh, what’s the question?

1 Like

Much

2 Likes

Yes, I’m pretty sure they’ll feel better if you come to them on own terms better than them finding out.

1 Like

Do your parents know you’re Bi? Just explain that you figured out your only like girls.

2 Likes

I think my coming out confused everyone :joy:

2 Likes

Why?

1 Like

I had to explain Pansexuality to everyone. They were confused

2 Likes

Oh

1 Like

Sometimes I feel the same way, so I know how you feel. My question is, will any good come from telling them? If it will only break their hearts, than do they have to know? Its kind of like that saying: if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it. The words dont translate perfectly but I think you get what I mean.
If your parents know your bi, than there’s no real point to telling them your a lesbian. It’ll only be making them upset. I’m not saying you have to marry a boy, but just let them think there’s a possibility to you marrying a boy. Sure you’re giving them a false sense of hope but the alternative is crushing their dreams.
If this in anyway sounds like I’m homophobic or against coming out with your sexuality, please now I’m apart of the LGBTQ+ community and I recently came out to my father. I’m just asking if there’s any point to disappointing your parents. Its just like telling a white lie, at the end of the day you aren’t hurting anyone by not telling your parents.
If at some point you’re in a committed relationship with a woman you can see yourself marrying, then maybe it’s time to tell your parents. You never know, maybe someday you’ll find a guy that you want to be with. Things change.
This is just my personal advice, please don’t take this in a negative way, I mean no harm. I hope this helped or offered some good advice :blush:

2 Likes

Yes they do, it’ll only break their heart more when they realise how little you trust them. I think you should have a real heart to heart discussion and if it doesn’t go well, you have me and everybody else on the forums that’ll be accept you for who you are

1 Like

It’s really complicated…

Some people change their views and other people don’t, and you can really only hope for the best

1 Like

Hm, that’s also a good point. Maybe its just what I would do. I have to work on my trusting capabilities. But @/Squishy is right, everyone here will accept you for who you are!

1 Like

Don’t pressure yourself, also, I recommend talking to people or listening to songs that you relate to, I recommend girls by Girl In Red

I came out as bi not too long ago.

1 Like

I get that, I am still bi but girls are way way more appealing or likeable in my opinion and I’m pretty sure I’ll end up with a girl,
My mum doesn’t mind she supports me but I have pretty much the same problem as you do but with my grandparents. They’re very religious and I know they’d be very mad, disappointed and grossed out,
But eventually I know I’d have to tell them and so do you,
It’s your life.
Your parents can dictate your life and decide for you only until a certain level, and who to love is not on that level whatsoever.
If you’re afraid of being kicked out or something like that then you can wait until you’re older, or just in general, do it when you feel like it. But don’t hide it from them forever they’re you’re parents they deserve to know.

1 Like

Yessss

2 Likes